[MOD] HANGAR MOD

I love the rusty old hangers ...and the new thatched shelters with bamboo poles.....great for my Thai/Burma/Japan maps Big Grin

I already made a mission using these ...in my Thai map section

fabianfred Wrote:I already made a mission using these ...in my Thai map section

You can use them to create your map.

I admit that I mainly created summer European Hangar, No Pacific ...

Perhaps in a next variation 2.0 : Winter version + more Pacific Hangar ...

I will work about that this summer, but I don't have a lot time now.

About new hangars in v2.0, If you have interesting photos of original ww2 hangars, Thanks to post them here :
viewtopic.php?t=6258

THANKS.

Outstanding and flawless

Big thanks to you LAL_RONE very impressive work you have done.

Why none is going to improve the ugly stock hangars? They are horrible and they are present in the most of campaigns and missions you can find. It will be a big improvemente for everybody...

Stock axample:

[Image: m7zx8h.jpg]

[Image: 1zczs0n.jpg]

[Image: pancarte-salut-7.gif]

You need the name of the hangar you want to replace the textures of and then pick textures of Rone's mod and rename them to fit to the hangar in question. Job done. (Needs to be using the same

Wilhelm Heidkamp Wrote:Why none is going to improve the ugly stock hangars? They are horrible and they are present in the most of campaigns and missions you can find. It will be a big improvemente for everybody...

Stock axample:
[Image: pancarte-salut-7.gif]

Agree with you Wilhelm Heidkamp. Although your effort to improve the stock ones via few photoshop effects the hangars still look like out of this world. I think all we have to do is to find out LAL_RONE's address and picket his house till he accepts to redo the stock hangars too. :twisted:

...then give him a beer.

Cant save missions, any idea why???

MrOblongo Wrote:Cant save missions, any idea why???

Did you add the necessary lines to your static.ini?

Yes i did, unless im missing something.

Wilhelm Heidkamp Wrote:Why none is going to improve the ugly stock hangars? They are horrible and they are present in the most of campaigns and missions you can find. It will be a big improvemente for everybody...

email me if you need quick update pack for eto airfields

vpmenia, if you have a new texture for original hangars mod, please post it so many will benefit from it. If it is reuse with rename of LAL_RONE's hangar mod v1 then let's ask him if he agrees for such a rebuild to be made public.

LAL_RONE, do you agree with a repack of your hangar mod v1 compatible with the existing hangars? I think they are great and I would want them seenable all the time. Thank you in any case of response!

Only a marginal number of IL-2 players get benefit from the LAL Rone Hangar Mod. Only people playing new maps and campaigns, where new hangars are as new objects through FMB.

BUT, a lot of ppl (all the community) would get benefit from this excellent work if these hangars would replace the original-stock ones.

It would be a big improvement and everybody would be happy with it. Why not? LAL Rone has already made all the new textures and buildings...

Merci.

PD: I have told you before LAL Rone, but I'll repeat it: Your work rocks!

Not only marginal players. In France, a big majority of people plays IL2 in squad and create his own mission. First, I am making mods for my squad : Liberty Wings (Les Ailes Libres in french = LAL)

I don't want to erase Oleg Hangars. I make these mods to have more choice in hangar, not to substitute a skin by another one.

Some Oleg's hangars are good, and I don't want to erase them.
Even I want it, what 3D model should be choosen by default ? There exist 3 or 4 hangar skins for only one 3d model ....
Additionnaly, old missions are made with oleg's hangars. Perhaps a new default skin generate visual troubles with the mission decor.

I have time to create new hangars, but I don't want to spend time to modify my old mods for each players type. It's my politic, or else I will never create new mods in this conditions.

Sorry, very sorry, I never make it.

But it is not very hard to make, if you want to do for yourselves. All my mods are free to be used ... You can make what you want with my hangars skins.

But be careful. It will be dangerous to diffuse two variations of the same objects. Here will be some conflicts in static.ini and the futur Hangar mods or new maps adding my hangars (like Channel).
Many hangars will be different by numbers, but equal by visual .... Hello the muck up !!!!
A full of missions will bug ...

THX & sorry for my bad english ...

Where is file STATIC.INI :?:
I HAVE NOT!?!?