[DOWNLOAD] Slot Campaign- 67th FS **UPDATE 14 Nov 08**

vonofterdingen, Any release date in sight?

DaBomb746, are you trying for the Nit Picker Of The Year award?

Looking around AAA there are several candidates but your last post puts you very near the top of the list, good luck. Smile

i don't see him as nit picking. we built the slot map for people with specific knowledge of the area. the more knowledge the player has of the area, the more they will know what a great job we did in our research and construction. Any problems found will be a result of the game engine limitation.

can't wait for the campaign.

Thrud, great map, no nits to pick on that one.

There is a difference between "securing" the place and a battle "ending" though, thus the reference to nit picking.

Maybe I will enter the competition. Smile

I sure hope this campaign is still in the pipeline.

Discussion is good. No, the battle didn't end in November when the 67th left, but it seemed like a good breaking point for the campaign. Also, as noted, there was little further serious resistance after that point in time.

I'm gun-shy about saying when I will finish. I hope it is this weekend but I keep finding things I can make better. Catahoulak9 did some great beta-testing, and I have added skins for aircraft of both sides. I have been testing all missions individually, and again in campaing mode. I am done with the former but not the latter. I have about 5 to go (out of about 30).

I think you will like it.

Thanks for the update, vonofterdingen, looking forward to the campaign.

Quote:I have about 5 to go (out of about 30).

i pretty sure i tested all the airfields for ground collisions on take off, but you do run into that issue, change direction of takeoff or lessen the fuel load if possible.

Haven't seen that issue at all. All missions except one are take-off starts and they have all tested out fine. This is an early campaign, though, so all of the take-offs and landings are at Henderson and the Fighter field.

See first post of this thread to download this campaign. I hope you enjoy.

vonofterdingen Wrote:Thanks for asking. I have completed all missions and have completed testing of the missions through Sept 42. I hope to release a week from today. I will post a notice here and probably put at M4T. I have had a lot of fun testing it so I think you all will enjoy.

I see by the time of your last post I may be jumping the gun a little.
Do you still intend to put this in the M4T downloads section :?:

Cheers  Smile
Wheelsup_cavu

[Image: m4tsig.jpg]

I tried to load your mission and I get loading error Ini

missionerror.jpg (The link is inoperative)

GF_Mastiff, are these lines in your MODS\Mapmods\all file?
The_Slot_01-44 Slot/load_0144.ini
The_Slot_07-43 Slot/load_0743.ini
The_Slot_08-42 Slot/load_0842.ini
The_Slot_10-42 Slot/load_1042.ini
The_Slot_10-43 Slot/load_1043.ini
The_Slot_12-42 Slot/load_1242.ini

Do the Slot maps show in the Full Mission Builder?

You might try to reinstall the Slot map.

Posting on M4T? Yes, as soon as I have some time, probably next weekend.

Load.ini error? Thanks to Forager for the suggestions. It looks like the Slot map is not loading correctly. As Forager mentions, see if you can load in in the FMB.

Sweet .... Have been looking forward to this one.

Can't build missions or campaigns but I love to fly them.
Thanks!!!

if for whatever reason you have to install. here's the link
Slot_Version1-2.exe (The link is inoperative)

Thanks Thrud...the link to the slot map is also in the readme. I strongly recommend using the most recent (1.2) version; that is the one I used to test.