NEEDS LINK- LYBIA N-E aka Tobruk

Fantastic. That did the trick.
Knowledge gained.
Much appreciated.

~Flatlander

INCREDIBLY beautiful map!!

Usually Africa looks kinda orange and pixely in IL2... Not any more! Libya is by very far the most gorgeous map, most realistic environment tha I've seen in this game.
Mega thanks!!

I'm building missions based on the time period between 10-41 until 2-42 around Tobruk (My personal favorite that saw the introduction of the 109 F's and the Spit Mk 5). In the interest of historical accuracy I'm trying to determine the naval assets in the area at that time, both Axis and Allied, within the limitations of Ship Pack 2 or anything else I might have missed. By the way FANTASTIC MAP!!!

Thank you for all your efforts to do this fantastic map!!!!

I used this map in HSFX 4.09 mod pack mission, and I try to land on Martuba airfield with italian fighters like CR42, MC200 and MC202.
I find that it's almost impossible to land with CR42 without let the plane like a candle at the end of the run!!!
If I try on taxi way no problem...
While if I use MC200 an MC202 it's very difficult but not impossible to land correctly.

Same results obtain my friends

We use realistic way of landing option

We find that the sand is of a very hard composition

Questions:
it's possible to give a different composition to the sand of the airfield?
it's possible to merge into the map an invisible strip, like for example the test runway 4?

Or do you think that the difficulties depend of uncorrected flight model of some planes?

Ciao

P.s.: sorry for my english

hsfx seems tu use the zuti's friction mod with a modified map, all the transparent plates from the original map have been deleted but the additionnal parameters needed for the friction mod seems to have been forgotten.

So, take the actors static from the AAA UI and put it in the hsfx-mods-mapmods-JV69Lybia folder.
it should over-ride the actors static from the hsfx version.

This issue has been already notified (see 242nd squadron forum) but don't know if this will be solved with the upcoming Hsfx-patch.

I've installed this map but got Java Runtime Error when I try to load thid msp in FMB. I have 4.09+UP 2.0

Grzegorz

I have the same error with UP 2.0. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?