NEEDS LINK- LYBIA N-E aka Tobruk

Beautiful map, and HUGE..... I only have one question, is there a way to put the trench files into one of the other TEXTURE/3do/Buildings/46/Desert_trenches, and then have the static.ini entries.

ie:
[buildings.House$46ATTrench1][color=red]

You have called this map LYBIA (maybe you had a reason to do this), but the correct spelling of the country is Libya.

-)-MAILMAN-

Thanks for this map! Looks very good! And great fps! Thank you!

/Magnus

Excellent Map, thanks heaps. Big Grin

Canon, i saw your next project, but i stick with 1/1 maps, it's gonna be big enough (and borring too), 550km wide is already very big for 109's and spitfires-p40's Big Grin

about the name: the spelling depend on your main language, Lybia can be spelled libya,libja,libie,lybie,etc... just as tobruk can be spelled tobrouch,tobruch,tobrouk,tobruk,etc...
all those places have different translations depending on the country that made the translation.
Look at the names on the map, there are actually 4different languages for the cities names on the map Big Grin Even between the english and the americans maps,there were differencies in those names!
Of course, the right names for this period should be italians-ones :wink:

For the trenches, i tried to incorporate them into the static.ini, they were in the list but they were transparent and wasn't able to place them on the map. don't know what i screwed up but if someone do a proper "new objects lists mod", for everyone the same objects and the same numbers for objects, i can always alter the static actor and change the trenches with new-ones, it's 5min work!

I'd like to let you know I was lucky to get in a 4.09 Coop last night that ran your Lybia_NE map.

What a gorgeous piece of work! Simply stunning!

Excellent work Bada, here is something for you. FW190A4 flying at full boost over Libyan desert and few dead Spitfires just to put smile on your face. :twisted:

[Image: th_34534_grab0001_122_55lo.jpg][Image: th_34536_grab0002_122_74lo.jpg][Image: th_34538_grab0004_122_88lo.jpg][Image: th_34540_grab0009_122_830lo.jpg]

[Image: th_34747_grab0010_122_481lo.jpg][Image: th_34753_grab0012_122_392lo.jpg][Image: th_34754_grab0013_122_521lo.jpg]

FC

Thanks FC, i love the view of burning spits in the afternoon Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

JV69_BADA Wrote:Thanks FC, i love the view of burning spits in the afternoon Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

shame on you ...both :wink:

Z

excellent work,respect !

Best desert map ever!

Many thanks, very nice map, Tobruk looks quite credible, although you forgot to place the second defense inner "circle". Or maybe I'm mistaken? :?

indeed, the second ring is missing, but those were small artilerie and mostly AA positions, i let the builders use their art! with less than 32000 objects on the map, you can easely fill the map with objects! :wink:

Yes, but I'm afraid there are no more builders left except the map builders :lol:
Well done Big Grin

Well done M8, brilliant map. I love the desert, thanks so much Baba. Big Grin