[MOD] Ship Pack 2 Download

I put the shippack folder, the whole thing in the MODS folder. I did the ini addons, and moved the the whole technics properties to the ru folder.

What is the 3d paste that you speak of? Do you mean the files folder?

Yes i talked bout those files you have to put in MODS folder.

I don't understand how to install shippack , copy/paste don't effect :wink:

Then you have to wait installer... This is just beta version of this MOD.

_-JARMOPOWER-_ Wrote:Are you sure you copy-pasted 3d and other files to right folder?

Where in the readme below does it say anything about where 3d files go?

//
1. Remove ShipPack1 if you were using it.

2. Copy ShipPack folder into your game Mods folder.

3. Check content of STD folder and compare it with the same folder in your game install.

4. If you don't use any of the files from STD folder ( That's highly unlikely) just copy STD folder into your Mods folder. If you don't use already some of the files from ShipPack STD folder than copy these files to same place in your Il2 Mods folder.

5. If you are already using some of the files from STD folder than you need to add ShipPack entries to these files. To do so go to AddToIni folder where you will find following files.
-Ships.ini.txt -- copy content to the end of Il2/Mods/STD/com/Ships.ini
-Technics.ini.txt -- copy content to the end of Il2/Mods/STD/com/Technics.ini
-Chief.ini.txt -- copy content to the end of Il2/Mods/STD/com/Chief.ini
-Stationary.ini.txt -- copy content to the end of Il2/Mods/STD/com/Stationary

-Technics.properties.txt -- copy content to the end of Il2/Mods/STD/i18n/Technics.properties

6. Start game and if you installed it correctly you will have additional ships in game.
7. If you get into trouble and no matter what you do you can't get these new ships to show in the game than don't panic. Don't call 911, they can't help you. What you need is hammer. You can use it on PC or on your head, that's the matter of personal preferences.

If that don't solve your problem you can ask for help in AAA forum.

8. If everything works than you are advanced and experienced user and you can try to make your ships. There are five open slots for new ships ( Ship0, Ship1, Ship2, Ship3, Ship4 )use it or lose it.

Credits:
Oleg&Co-made game
QTim-enabled modding
Microwave-Java help
Archie-skins
FC-bugs & problems

S` Gents

Thanks to the creator of ShipPack2...it's been around with us for a while now.
However a great many, perhaps the majority, of us average joes out here are finding much difficulty in the installation process. I know the WTE members are confused with it. This is unfortunate as this fine mod is being underused.

Is an auto installer going to become available any time soon please, ShipPack2 will be best appreciated by the majority of users from that point on.

To all capable modders, (& I'm not amongst you) keep up the great work!

Cheers Smile

Sik

Quote:Thanks to the creator of ShipPack2...it's been around with us for a while now.
However a great many, perhaps the majority, of us average joes out here are finding much difficulty in the installation process. I know the WTE members are confused with it. This is unfortunate as this fine mod is being underused.

Is an auto installer going to become available any time soon please, ShipPack2 will be best appreciated by the majority of users from that point on.

Absolutely agree - like some I downloaded ship pack 2, but haven't installed it, due to the problems that a lot of folks seem to be experiencing with the manual installation.

This a a fine mod, wonderful work - and surely it deserves a final release with AAA approved auto installer.

Hawkers Big Grin

Sikshoota Wrote:S` Gents

Thanks to the creator of ShipPack2...it's been around with us for a while now.

To all capable modders, (& I'm not amongst you) keep up the great work!

Cheers Smile

Sik

+1 :wink:

The problem with an installer as has been explained to me is adding text to the ini and properties files.
Most ini files suit themselves to sorting so you can check for duplicates (which can crash the game). some files used with the shippack do NOT suit themselves well to sorting.
Having said that |ZUTI| has taken up the challenge to create a JAVA app that can do this.
see the thread below.

With the help of a few of you bright minds out there, we CAN work out a solution and then FC's (along with LAL_RONE CANONUK, and others) great work will have be installer capable

(The link is inoperative)

and here's some of the conversations

|ZUTI| Wrote:Hey Z, RichardHed.

This is the link for the app: http://rapidshare.com/files/156847807/I ... r.rar.html

Included is application and a bat file showing how it can be run with parameter. In that case there is no GUI but after it is done a log file is generated.

Next thing what i did is i expanded the line parsing from 'Z_AutoLoader.ini' file. Now the line can be:

Quote:inFile;fromSection;outFile;targetSection;
\Mods\MyMod\Ini Files\blablaAdd.txt;*;\Static\static.ini;*;
or
Quote:inFile;fromSection;targetSection;
\Mods\MyMod\Ini Files\blablaAdd.txt;*;*;

If the short way is used inFile and it's content is copied to the default location of static-ini by AAA standards (if it does not exist the file and the dir structure is created automatically).

So, this is it. Let me know when you find errors :>

S!

S' All,
Istly congrats on the excellent mod (as they all are) & yes I'm one of the average joes that has struggled through with the 70% CTD drama.
My problem occurred I believe with an incorrect loading of ShipPack 1. I did a windows search of the .ini file (technics) & discovered through that I had a ShipPack folder in the main IL2 game directory as well as in the MOD folder.Therefore some of the .ini's were either doubled up or ,in my case, not in the \MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects in the first place. I made sure the correct .inis from ShipPack(1) one were in \objects & as per readme went to Add to ini (ShipPack2 ) & added the text for each file. I pulled the offending ShipPack1 folder out of the game & was successful in loading at last.
Another mistake I made was to just copy the Technics.properties file to MODS\STD\i18n & leave it there as a text document.

Experienced modders etc with probably laugh their heads of at this silliness, but it shows you what some of us get up to when we dont know what we're doing.

cheers
Ikey

I'm going to have to echo the request to post this on some other site than Rapid Share.

I've been trying to DL this for 2 weeks now to no avail.

I either get corrupted files or my DL speed drops to 30-50KB/sec.....and I'm on broadband Sad

I have only started using Mods within the last two weeks and I think they are great. I think the people who are creating these mods are very capable and creative.

I have had some problems and manually installing Ship Pack 2 is one of them. I did not use Ship Pack 1 and assumed that the files included in the download did not need any modification, i.e. chief.ini, stationary.ini, technics.ini, ships.ini and technics.properties. Is that true for those of us who did not use Ship Pack 1?

I read that file name for techincs.properties needed to be changed to techincs_ru.properties. Is that correct? This file is located in \MODS\STD\i18n. Is that the right directory? Is there anything else that needs to be done to this file?

In what directory do chief.ini, stationary.ini, techinc.ini and ships.ini go? For example, should they go in \IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects?

I've got the ships directory in \MODS\ships. Is that correct?

I read that someone had changed the name of the chief.ini to -chief.ini. That does not seem right. Does anyone know anything about this?

Best regards,

Riptide

I finally resolved all issues. Just did a take off and landing on the Belleau Wood. This is a really great mod. Well done sir!

Best regards,

Riptide

I'm still struggling to see the ships...
On a relatively fresh install (UI), no shippack 1, I installed this....
Initially, I had none of the required ini's in the STD folder...
I put these ones in there, also had to update (using Winmerge) my stationary.ini in my MODS/Static_AC folder.
After continuous 70% CTD's, it finally loads the game now, and my STD folder now contains the following ini's: air/static/stationary/ships/technics/................game loads - no ships :!:
My MODS/Static_AC folder contains these ini's: stationary/technics..
The 2 stationary/ technics files are EXACT duplicates of each other (Winmerged)...should I be deleting one of them? :?:
Remember, at this point, the game actually loads, but no ships are visible/available ingame..
the only ini I still need in my STD folder is chief.ini......but putting this in, gives me a 70% CTD..?!?!
I've checked, there is no other chief.ini in my entire IL2 folder... :?:
Oh, I also renamed my technics.properties to technics_ru.properties.
Just checked, and in FMB I have an additional group type : Stationary Ship Pack...so, my static ships are available, but no 'usables' in the Ships type.....this is obviously because of chief.ini, but if I put it in the folder..........70% CTD ........
So, my problem seems to be with chief.ini :?: Cry

I don't have the Tank Pack installed, would that be an issue?? (just a random thought) :?

Many thanks for your good work!!! Big Grin

bigbossmalone Wrote:I'm still struggling to see the ships...
On a relatively fresh install (UI), no shippack 1, I installed this....
Initially, I had none of the required ini's in the STD folder...
I put these ones in there, also had to update (using Winmerge) my stationary.ini in my MODS/Static_AC folder.
After continuous 70% CTD's, it finally loads the game now, and my STD folder now contains the following ini's: air/static/stationary/ships/technics/................game loads - no ships :!:
My MODS/Static_AC folder contains these ini's: stationary/technics..
The 2 stationary/ technics files are EXACT duplicates of each other (Winmerged)...should I be deleting one of them? :?:
Remember, at this point, the game actually loads, but no ships are visible/available ingame..
the only ini I still need in my STD folder is chief.ini......but putting this in, gives me a 70% CTD..?!?!
I've checked, there is no other chief.ini in my entire IL2 folder... :?:
Oh, I also renamed my technics.properties to technics_ru.properties.
Just checked, and in FMB I have an additional group type : Stationary Ship Pack...so, my static ships are available, but no 'usables' in the Ships type.....this is obviously because of chief.ini, but if I put it in the folder..........70% CTD ........
So, my problem seems to be with chief.ini :?: Cry

I don't have the Tank Pack installed, would that be an issue?? (just a random thought) :?

Many thanks for your good work!!! Big Grin

exactly the same for me with my modded install with UI 1.0 Cry