[WIP] Me 264V-1

meen, that gear is so tiny Confusedhock:

Alpha channel for glass.

I/JG54_Gringo Wrote:
LBR=Rademacher Wrote:I think that 16000 is fairly good for a 4 engined AC, perhaps experts could calirify that.

No.
The Oleg's stock notes are 3500 polygons maximum for twin and more engined aircrafts.
Ours are ~5000 polygons,but not even higher then that,otherwise bad things will happen.
So,an 3000 stock OM modeled a/c,when finnished is ~50k polygons with all stuff in it.The materials,the mapping,LOD,Demage,Shadow,Hooks,etc.
So it's ~16.6 times the main LOD of the plane.And you'll open this entire a/c in 3D max with only 8 fps,so can you imagine what will happen 16k polygonned a/c?...
16000x16.6=265600 polygons. Confusedhock:
So you better reduce this baby to 5k.
You'll have to sacrifice the quallity in order to see this plane ingame.
I've checked the modelling thread and it says 5000 for single engined aircraft. Need to verify that. In any way the game won't load the whole aircraft so the most you'll get in game is the poly count of the higher LOD. But i'm reducing polys. As i said, the first one had enough polys to fill a football stadium and i'm working in reducing this thing.

About the gear: it's just the structure without tires hehehehe. But i'll rework that as well.

migojarsk Wrote:meen, that gear is so tiny Confusedhock:

To me it looks like the model we have here is minus the tyres. At least, I HOPE thats what we're seeing...

Brophmeister Wrote:
migojarsk Wrote:meen, that gear is so tiny Confusedhock:

To me it looks like the model we have here is minus the tyres. At least, I HOPE thats what we're seeing...

LBR=Rademacher Wrote:About the gear: it's just the structure without tires hehehehe. But i'll rework that as well.

This fat lady went trough some liposuction and so far she has achieved some 4300 polys without getting ugly.

I still need to make a few things:
- Gun turrets
- Cockpit Interior
- Bomb Bay area
- Landing Gear Bay and Doors

and we'll be good to go.

[Image: workspace.jpg]

[Image: sixthrender.jpg]

LBR=Rademacher Wrote:I've checked the modelling thread and it says 5000 for single engined aircraft. Need to verify that. In any way the game won't load the whole aircraft so the most you'll get in game is the poly count of the higher LOD. But i'm reducing polys. As i said, the first one had enough polys to fill a football stadium and i'm working in reducing this thing.

About the gear: it's just the structure without tires hehehehe. But i'll rework that as well.

Answer:

magot Wrote:: Poly Limit

3000 for single engine, 3500 for twin engine and bombers. These are flexible to a limited degree (about 100+ IF NEEDED!). Please ask Oleg if you go over limit. Also remember the limit includes damage model. Currently ground object limit is unknown to me. ALL POLLYGONS MUST BE 3 SIDED! So chop your polygons and then check polygon count.

But remeber guys this notes are from 2004-2005 we have better PC !
quality for il model was increase to 3000-5000 polys.

Which means that max 5000~5500 polygons.Which is the last stop...Otherwise you'll have to rework your model when it's near to finnishing.

Now that is a beauty my friend!

Good job! Smile

Gringo, about the 3-sided polys, is that really necessary?

If so, how do i do that?

Duikboot Wrote:i can't wait to bomb new york :twisted:

The FBI and Homeland Security will be at your door shortly, I wish you luck, lol.

KNOCK, KNOCK I'm Here.....

Luckily I am in Germany.....again, I wanna bomb the living c**p out of the yanks in NYC :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Only in-game, of course.......

:roll:

Long range *takes deep breath* four-engined *takes deep breath* Lufwtwaffe bomber *takes deep breath* ....

Oh man that's gonna rock

Cheers

Nico

Hell, i've managed to get the model to have only 3-sided polys. And the poly count skyrocketed to more than 8000...

More liposuction...