[WIP] Me 264V-1

I/JG54_Gringo Wrote:
magot Wrote:: Poly Limit

3000 for single engine, 3500 for twin engine and bombers. These are flexible to a limited degree (about 100+ IF NEEDED!). Please ask Oleg if you go over limit. Also remember the limit includes damage model. Currently ground object limit is unknown to me. ALL POLLYGONS MUST BE 3 SIDED! So chop your polygons and then check polygon count.

But remeber guys this notes are from 2004-2005 we have better PC !
quality for il model was increase to 3000-5000 polys.

Which means that max 5000~5500 polygons.Which is the last stop...Otherwise you'll have to rework your model when it's near to finnishing.

Could you give a good reason for the need of them being three sided, because I learned this:

"Well constructed models should generally consist mostly of quads, with a few tris present. If the model is intended to be used for a subdivision surface (a way of rounding models), it should not have polygons with more than 4 sides."

Plus, the Fw200 we have in game has about 3.700 Tris (LOD0) excluding gear, flaps and turrets.

I AM IN FULL SAUPPORT OF YOU FOR MAKING THE GREATEST BOMBER! (sorry for caps) Big Grin

Zorin Wrote:
I/JG54_Gringo Wrote:
magot Wrote:: Poly Limit

3000 for single engine, 3500 for twin engine and bombers. These are flexible to a limited degree (about 100+ IF NEEDED!). Please ask Oleg if you go over limit. Also remember the limit includes damage model. Currently ground object limit is unknown to me. ALL POLLYGONS MUST BE 3 SIDED! So chop your polygons and then check polygon count.

But remeber guys this notes are from 2004-2005 we have better PC !
quality for il model was increase to 3000-5000 polys.

Which means that max 5000~5500 polygons.Which is the last stop...Otherwise you'll have to rework your model when it's near to finnishing.

Could you give a good reason for the need of them being three sided, because I learned this:

"Well constructed models should generally consist mostly of quads, with a few tris present. If the model is intended to be used for a subdivision surface (a way of rounding models), it should not have polygons with more than 4 sides."

Plus, the Fw200 we have in game has about 3.700 Tris (LOD0) excluding gear, flaps and turrets.
Some clarification in this issue would be MUCH appreciated.

Well, I don

Zorin Wrote:Could you give a good reason for the need of them being three sided

Oleg's laws,don't ask me.
Ou,and by the way the 3 sides need to be alligned for smoother effect on the objects mapping.
It's not me who decided this.
To get a proper answer,why don't you ask OM via e-mail? Wink
So,here is how the 3 sides should look like:

[Image: 3sided-1.jpg]

[Image: 3sided.jpg]

I'm having serious troubles with the wings landing gear.

The Ju188 used a simpler system (and he had the same engine as the Me264) that was similar of the one present in the B-29, in other words it works for four engined bombers.

http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/ju188_3v.jpg
I'm really felling like giving diferent legs to this baby... :roll:

Look, opened it looks really nice, but closed... Eewww...

[Image: lndggearopen.jpg]

I have this book if your interested

[Image: 41lSgcB80-L._SL500_AA240_.jpg]
Messerschmit Me264: Amerikabomber

In pdf?

No but I can scan it in if you like

Details on the landing gear, bomb bay, cockpit and gun turrets would be MUCH appreciated.

Hope to see this baby in the air soon. I think we'll then need more cannon-armed UK/US aircraft, .50s wont probably make a dent on that thing

btw... the screenshots dont work here (stupid photobucket)

It was hard but i managed to build the freaking landing gear...

[Image: 8thrender.jpg]

The result so far:

[Image: 9thrender.jpg]

For "just" 4800 polys :roll:

what, 4800? still looks good to me Big Grin

Looks like we have a contender with the Neptune for my favourite mod...

@LBR=Rademacher
great job dude,but dont worry with high quality,I can help you after finished LOD0 with de-crease polys in individual parts,no problemo.
Try making external pit,(turrets),complete gears without animation,cut plane to individual parts LOD0,and you must addind CAPs.You will be need visible destroyed part as bend propeler + animate.After finished LOD0 and UVW mapping I can help you with lods,collisions and hooks,hierarchy and names files ... but will be hard work,believ me Big Grin

regards,
magot