[WIP] Me 264V-1

better get my new PC then, this one's struggling to even load the slovakia map lol

LBR=Rademacher left you a PM

magot Wrote:@LBR=Rademacher
great job dude,but dont worry with high quality,I can help you after finished LOD0 with de-crease polys in individual parts,no problemo.
Try making external pit,(turrets),complete gears without animation,cut plane to individual parts LOD0,and you must addind CAPs.You will be need visible destroyed part as bend propeler + animate.After finished LOD0 and UVW mapping I can help you with lods,collisions and hooks,hierarchy and names files ... but will be hard work,believ me Big Grin

regards,
magot

Yeah, the LOD stuff and the CAPs are the smallest problem, i guess. I've been reading the Il-2 Moddling thread and it sens simple, time consuming but simple.
One thing i don't have a clue on how to proceed is the transparent parts, the animations and the UVW mappings. I've never done anything like that, someone will have to walk me through it.

Espero que tu consiga transformar isso em um avi

LBR=Rademacher Wrote:
great job dude,but dont worry with high quality,I can help you after finished LOD0 with de-crease polys in individual parts,no problemo.
Try making external pit,(turrets),complete gears without animation,cut plane to individual parts LOD0,and you must addind CAPs.You will be need visible destroyed part as bend propeler + animate.After finished LOD0 and UVW mapping I can help you with lods,collisions and hooks,hierarchy and names files ... but will be hard work,believ me Big Grin

regards,
magot

Yeah, the LOD stuff and the CAPs are the smallest problem, i guess. I've been reading the Il-2 Moddling thread and it sens simple, time consuming but simple.
One thing i don't have a clue on how to proceed is the transparent parts, the animations and the UVW mappings. I've never done anything like that, someone will have to walk me through it.

Transparent parts are alpha channels in the skins.

LBR=Rademacher Wrote:One thing i don't have a clue on how to proceed is the transparent parts, the animations and the UVW mappings. I've never done anything like that, someone will have to walk me through it.
+ using null materials for hide cut parts ....

Slow Wrote:
LBR=Rademacher Wrote:

regards,
magot

I just don't know how to do it :wink:

Edit: I've checked some info that madcat PMed me and i got a few questions. Perhaps someone could help me.

Judging for the pictures the Me264 had a V shaped tail section (like the on in the He162), but the drawings i've seen are inconclusive since some show a straight one and others the V-shaped version. This is more confusing since there's no way to operate a single piece elevator in a V-shaped tail and all the drawings show that it is single pieced rather than two separate elevators.

The other question is: This landing gear configuration with the Wing gears folding laterally to fit into the engine/wing is absurdly complex and i had some hard time modeling it. But i came across one drawing that showed the same configuration as in the Ju188, with the gear folding backwards to fir inside the larger BMW801E engine (the first gear configuration was designed when they used the smaller Jumo engine). I believe that they had not enough time to change the gear after changing the engine configuration, but that the production version (A-0 or A-1) would have the same configuration as the Ju188. Should i go for the Ju188 style gear or keep it like it is?

LBR=Rademacher Wrote:
Slow Wrote:
LBR=Rademacher Wrote:

regards,
magot

Pela minha curta experi

LBR=Rademacher Wrote:The other question is: This landing gear configuration with the Wing gears folding laterally to fit into the engine/wing is absurdly complex and i had some hard time modeling it. But i came across one drawing that showed the same configuration as in the Ju188, with the gear folding backwards to fir inside the larger BMW801E engine (the first gear configuration was designed when they used the smaller Jumo engine). I believe that they had not enough time to change the gear after changing the engine configuration, but that the production version (A-0 or A-1) would have the same configuration as the Ju188. Should i go for the Ju188 style gear or keep it like it is?
for example,this is Ju-188 gear system (in 3dmax) :
[Image: gearju188kr4.jpg]

Murilo Specht Wrote:
LBR=Rademacher Wrote:
Slow Wrote:
LBR=Rademacher Wrote:[quote="magot"]@LBR=Rademacher

regards,
magot

Pela minha curta experi

magot Wrote:
LBR=Rademacher Wrote:The other question is: This landing gear configuration with the Wing gears folding laterally to fit into the engine/wing is absurdly complex and i had some hard time modeling it. But i came across one drawing that showed the same configuration as in the Ju188, with the gear folding backwards to fir inside the larger BMW801E engine (the first gear configuration was designed when they used the smaller Jumo engine). I believe that they had not enough time to change the gear after changing the engine configuration, but that the production version (A-0 or A-1) would have the same configuration as the Ju188. Should i go for the Ju188 style gear or keep it like it is?
Interesting, how would it fold inside?

Quote:I just don't know how to do it Wink

Edit: I've checked some info that madcat PMed me and i got a few questions. Perhaps someone could help me.

Judging for the pictures the Me264 had a V shaped tail section (like the on in the He162), but the drawings i've seen are inconclusive since some show a straight one and others the V-shaped version. This is more confusing since there's no way to operate a single piece elevator in a V-shaped tail and all the drawings show that it is single pieced rather than two separate elevators.

The other question is: This landing gear configuration with the Wing gears folding laterally to fit into the engine/wing is absurdly complex and i had some hard time modeling it. But i came across one drawing that showed the same configuration as in the Ju188, with the gear folding backwards to fir inside the larger BMW801E engine (the first gear configuration was designed when they used the smaller Jumo engine). I believe that they had not enough time to change the gear after changing the engine configuration, but that the production version (A-0 or A-1) would have the same configuration as the Ju188. Should i go for the Ju188 style gear or keep it like it is?

I think the problem and some thing I guess I should of mentioned is that some of the drawings are from promotional brochure, so there not like technical drawings and some thing I didn't notice till I started scanning them into is that ever drawing has some small change.

I under stand what your say about the V tail I don't think it would of had that tail arrangement, more then likely V3 would of had the same tail layout as the V1 prototype.

With the landing gear I'm note shore because I can't spot what image your talking about, but I would say that for the V3 it would have the same landing gear arrangement as in your model.

I'll PM you my Messenger details if you wish to try sort out any issues. Big Grin

LBR=Rademacher Wrote:, how would it fold inside?
I dont know,we have little information,propably vertical motion inside with rotating 45 degrees ... :?

btw for making glass create map and set opacity ;-)

regards,
magot

[Image: Ju188E-1Handbuch01027.jpg]

magot Wrote:

I found some informaiton that may be help to both of you, where it may give you idea how landing gear works for animating landing gears.

According to this website:

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt/ ... omber.html

Quote:The landing gear is of the standard oleo-pneumatic retractable type and the tail wheel is also fully retractable.

And I am posting more pictures of landing gears, hoping it'll be helpful.

(Nose wheel - Me 264 V1)

http://bp3.blogger.com/_CbwnjooteyI/SD6 ... 0-h/26.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_CbwnjooteyI/SD6 ... 0-h/27.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_CbwnjooteyI/SD6 ... 0-h/28.jpg
http://bp2.blogger.com/_CbwnjooteyI/SD6 ... 0-h/12.jpg

(main landing gear - Me 264 V1)

http://bp1.blogger.com/_CbwnjooteyI/SD6 ... 0-h/29.jpg
http://bp1.blogger.com/_CbwnjooteyI/SD6 ... 264-25.jpg
http://bp2.blogger.com/_CbwnjooteyI/SD6 ... 264-26.jpg
http://bp2.blogger.com/_CbwnjooteyI/SD6 ... 264-27.jpg

I am still looking for more better references for Me 264 V2/V3 nose wheel and landing gears.

Chaoic out...