Philippines v2.0 texts.txt UPDATE 11.2008

delvpier Wrote:To be even more complex... when I said setting map pixel size at 200... NO... I don't remember wich map pixel size I've set Cry I tried many with only one ambition : making the greatest size including all islands and loadable in game... I think it was 115 but I'm not sure and I haven't keep any notes about... and I deleted basic files :x

This should not be a problem, because map_c and map_t are the only files you need to make map_f.

Map_c tells where is land and where is sea, if map_c says that a pixel is sea, then whatever map_t says, it will show like sea. But it's better having one of the sea or coast textures in map_t, to avoid strange things if there is land near the border of map.

For my method you only need map_c and map_t, so no need of other files you deleted Smile

Maraz

Pls Maraz, could you check your PM ?

S` Gents

Firstly, an excellent map Delvpier, great effort.
One small problem...for me at least...

In FMB I've located home bases at a number of airfields & saved ready for a test run of the map.
When I load the game I can only see & use one base & thats the one to the immediate NW of Manille in BB49.
Excuse me if this problem is as a result of something other than in this fine creation but if so I've not found it mentioned elsewhere.

Cheers Smile

Sik

Sikshoota Wrote:In FMB I've located home bases at a number of airfields & saved ready for a test run of the map.
When I load the game I can only see & use one base & thats the one to the immediate NW of Manille in BB49.

Thanks for kind words :wink:

What do you mean exactly by "only see and use one base"... as in FMB they are present in game...
Is this a problem with AI ?

I have to mention that probably I need to fix something : there are taxi and stay points only on Clarck airfield (the one you talk about), on others there are only runway points ( no stay, no taxi)...
Is this a perturbation for AI planes behavior...? I don't know but in next version I will put such points on every airfield...

I had teh same problem. I builted a Dogfight mission, slecting a few airfields as "home base" objects, and when I run the mission onlly one airfield was available to chose as home base, instead of teh few I had selected in the FMB.

At the time I thought it had been my mistake, but reading this I realize its the exact same simptom.

Baco1170 Wrote:I had teh same problem. I builted a Dogfight mission, slecting a few airfields as "home base" objects, and when I run the mission onlly one airfield was available to chose as home base, instead of teh few I had selected in the FMB.

At the time I thought it had been my mistake, but reading this I realize its the exact same simptom.
I think I remember you had this problem with my Sinai map...

...if so, this is correct... also for that one I didn't put any taxi or stay points on airfields...
maybe it is mandatory and not only runway points... something else to fix !

I see all the runways and such for every airbase, so this isn't happening to everyone.

Dixiecapt Wrote:I see all the runways and such for every airbase, so this isn't happening to everyone.

you need to be using the Map tools FMB to actually see the airfield waypoints for taxiing and parkinjg which have been laid down by the map maker :wink:

fabianfred Wrote:
Dixiecapt Wrote:I see all the runways and such for every airbase, so this isn't happening to everyone.

you need to be using the Map tools FMB to actually see the airfield waypoints for taxiing and parkinjg which have been laid down by the map maker :wink:

I think there has been a miscomunication...

I was saying that I see the actual runways... so like the sinai map some just didn't see the runways, but some did? Though I might be the one who confused something.

S` Gents

My apologies for not being clear enough, I'll try & paint the picture clearer this time.

In FMB...

All bases are visible both on the build map & when flying around.

Selecting & locating 'Home Base' works fine here as well.

In Game, at the Briefing screen....

I can only see the one base in BB49 NE of Manille, none of the other Home Bases that I located within FMB appear.

It sounds as though Baco has found an identical issue.

It also sounds as though Devlpier might have an idea of what may be wrong.
I hope this is a better explanation of the problem & I'm sure there'll be a fix for this shortly.

Again, Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers Smile

Sikshoota

Delvpier outstanding job. I had a little trouble getting the map to load. however I discovered the AAA auto installer does not install a " static ini. file". Once I downloaded this and installed it went very smoothly.

This looks to have been a large under taking, and you pulled it off very well. As one poster before me mentioned the water should be the same color as on the " Slot " map. I know nothing of map makiing and am new to modding as well. You and the other map makers have created a renewed interest for many in IL-2. Thanks and Congrats

easy to open the load.ini file of the Slot map and compare the data for the water with that of this map... and then choose your own...

[WATER]
Water = water/Water.tga
;Water = water/PacificWater.tga
;WaterColorATI = 0.140 0.175 0.230
WaterColorATI = 0.150 0.225 0.180
;WaterColorNV = 0.140 0.185 0.268
WaterColorNV = 0.165 0.264 0.233

the ones not in use have a ; in front of their line which means that data is not read

Hello Fabianfred, Thanks for the advice. I have also downloaded your Thyailand map;. It looks beatiful. I have to to figure out why I can not save missions in the FMB. Before I can actuall fly over it. I have had the chance to examine it. I particularly like the mountains-well done.

FF, I think the problem you are having there is that some of the custom objects are missing from the install. I recently fixed this while messing around in my static.ini The bits you want are two Pagodas, one Burma and one Thai, I think. :wink:

at least it's done... I think...

some tests to be sure before release Smile