WIP Corsica

Those textures look very nice indeed!

Something I noticed that were it possible to hinge maps together and fly from one to another, that Zip Zapp's Alpine map would fit very nicely at the top of your map here.

Anyway, looking forward to this!

Y'know, those textures would make a great little mod pack on their own... :lol:

Hi all,
first, thank-you very much !

@ magot : Anzio will be on the map. But who is Leopold ? :mrgreen:
@ alessio : i don't think the map will be available very very very soon ... :wink:

Of course, all informations are welcome. Thanks a lot for sharing ! I'll send PMs tonight/tomorow (after work).

@ FA_Cheech : it' okay, i'll send you PM tonight or tomorow.

I'm too looking for how cities looked during 43-44 and situation of bridges, roads/rails and forests. It's hard to find, i'll maybe have to imagine some ...
I don't know if i'll expand the map to west. Maybe to Toulon (not sure) or to Marseille (really not not sure ... i live near Marseille :wink: ...but i don't think i'll include it).
I re-worked map_h (mounts and mainly hills), map_t (added macchia and mount tops) and map_c (rivers modified/added). Screens soon.

I'll be busy for one or two weeks, so work on the map will be slow during this time Sad .

Thank-you again at all for help and encouragements Big Grin ,

May-bug.

Splendide!

Very nice map, and textures. Very good idea.

Leopold is a large gun on railroads, if I don't make any mistake.

Bravo, tr

Nice map and very good work, May-Bug !

Big Grin many thanks for your efforts in this wonderful map, mate! Big Grin
Here is a document about railway map used by allied. Maybe it can help you.
Unfortunetly no data for Corsica and Sardinia...at moment.

http://www.mulino.it/edizioni/primopian ... i_foto.htm

[Image: lineeferroviarie.gif]

Cheers

Thank you very much Corto Big Grin

Bumpetty Bump Wink

Hate to see this one being slowly buried under the other topics.

Des nouvelles ?

Cheers

Nico

Hi,
Work continue on the map. I extended it to West, to include Marseille 8) and Toulon. Scale is still about 1:1 (not exactly). Due to this, a lot of work has to be done again: mainly rivers, roads and railways. I didn't populate any town yet, i think it will probably be the big thing on this map.

I'm still looking for informations about the airdromes (I bought Dominique Tadde

Super ! Marseille risque d'

up !
what about this good work?
i wait this one !

+1 for the notion of the textures as a d/l mod pack on their own. Great stuff!

hows this going anyway? its an amazing looking map!

Hi all,

sorry for no updates, I didn't have time for Il-2 lasts months Sad ...

Work is slowly going on, I populated big towns, drew some roads and railways, and woods. I'm still working for making an accurate map_C (especially coasts). It will be OK soon I hope.
Map_H is now OK for altitudes, I'm still working too on map_T, but we really need more texture slots ...
Due to real life, I can't spend all the time i want on map-making, so the map won't be ready before some months.
The hardest is to find historical infos about roads, railways, woods and airfields. It spends a lot of time, and I still need those infos ... Help!

I'll perhaps make a pack with the textures (and others too), but I'll have to rework them a bit.

Thanks guys for interest,

may-bug.

I just would like a big mistake point on Corsica area map shown here....

IT IS QUITE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND SO MUCH CULTIVATED FIELD IN CORSICA....It is known by everyone that Corsican peoples do not like to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

It is a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin