[Mod] Updated Thailand/East Burma/Indochina map (new)

very nice! 2 thumbs up :!: Big Grin

fabianfred,

I've installed the Thailand map today. It's fantastic. There's even the moat and wall around the old section of Chiang Mai. Great stuff!

Best regards,

Riptide

I got one problem with the Thailand Map. I can't save the missions I create FMB using this map. When I go to the single missions directory, I find the xxx.properties file for the mission but no xxx.mis file. Got any suggestions? Note, I can save missions I create using the Philippines and Slot maps.

Best regards,

Riptide

Riptide_One Wrote:I got one problem with the Thailand Map. I can't save the missions I create FMB using this map. When I go to the single missions directory, I find the xxx.properties file for the mission but no xxx.mis file. Got any suggestions? Note, I can save missions I create using the Philippines and Slot maps.

Best regards,

Riptide

check if you have updated your static.ini file properly ( to have all new objects introduced by this map)

see readme for details ...

Z

fly_zo,

I have ran Canon's objects. I have ran Lal Rone's Hanger Pack and revised my static.ini to include the lines from Lal Rone's readme. Note that my static.ini is located in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\...\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini

I believe this is the correct directory. However, I still can't save missions created using the Thailand Map. Do you have suggestions?

Best regards,

Riptide

...if all else fails...there is still the workaround...

disable the following line in your Bldconf.ini in the il2/root folder...

change this..

(builder.PlMisDestruction)

to this...

//(builder.PlMisDestruction)

I too have a problem with the Thailand map that I haven't been able to resolve. I can open the map, zoom in, look around in 3D even, but no matter how simple or complicated I set up a mission, the mission cannot be played.

The game asks me to save the mission, which I do, but when clicking on 'play' nothing happens. The game remains on the map and does not proceed to the next screens prior to actually flying.

Is this a known problem with some installations?

Usually it means there is some item from the Objects menu for which you are missing the data in your static.ini

try the fix shown above....??

or when you open the map in the FMB...then press shift/Tab to open the console and it should tell where any problems are...which items it cannot find etc.

fabianfred,

I tried your work around and I was able to save a mission I created using the Thailand Map. However, that change to the Bldconf.ini file disables View Destruction, which I use a lot. So, I got out of the game and reinstated the "destruction" line in Bldconf.ini. Then I started up IL-2 again and tried to play the mission I created. I got into FBM. Added a few more objects to the airfield at Toungoo, saved and clicked "Play". After 8 minutes of no sign of anything happening. I gave up.

If you have other suggestions, let me know. The map rules and I really would like to use it. However, I must have the View Destruction feature.

Note that I did not install the map using Unified Installer (UI). Is there a way I could use UI to reinstall the map to see if that helps?

Best regards,

Riptide

I don't understand what you mean...use the UI to install the map?

This map is not a part of the UI install... you must install it seperately

did you check the console to see what it said is missing or wrong?

almost certain to be a fault in your adding the correct data to the static.ini

fabianfred,

Up until the last week, I had only read about mods, but had no experience installing them. So I don't have much knowledge to work with at present. However, in such situations, I not timid about suggesting possible solutions. In any case, now I know from you that the UI is not applicable to my problem and I consider it useful to know does not work.

As for error messages, there have not been any. I believe your work around would have solve the problem of saving and playing missions created using the Thailand Map, if doing without the view destruction feature in FMB was acceptable. As I have explain, that trade off is not acceptable to me.

What I have seen of the map in FMB is great. If you have other suggestions for me to try, please let me know.

Best regards,

Riptide

...if all else fails...there is still the workaround...
disable the following line in your Bldconf.ini in the il2/root folder...

I don't know how members here figure this kind of thing out, but it worked. Must be some talented people here. Many thanks, my install of the Thailand map works like it should. And it is a very atmospheric map.

fabianfred,

I was not aware of how to access the "console" you referred to until your last e-mail. Thanks for showing me how. Below is what comes up on the screen:

at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.loopApp (MainWin3D.java: 131)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec (Main. java: 436)
at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main GameWin3D.java: 235)
null
java. lang.NullPointerException
at com.maddox.il2.objects.Statics._msgDreamGlobal (Statics.java: 1014)
at com.maddox .il2.objects.Statics._msgDreamGlobalTick(Statics.java: 949)
at com.maddox.il2.objects.Statics._msgDreamGlobalTick(Statics.java: 937)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.MsgDreamGlobal.invokeListener (MsgDreamGlobal . java: 43)
at com.maddox.rts.Message._Send (Message.java: 1217)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject (Message.java: 1158)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendTo (Message.java: 1134)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.trySend (Message.java: 1115)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.send(Message.java: 1079)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.MsgDreamGlobal.sendTick (MsgDreamGlobal.java: 27)
at com.maddox.il2.engine. DreamEnvXY.doChanges (DreamEnvXY.java: 65)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.InterpolateAdapter.updatePos (InterpolateAdapter.java: 141)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.InterpolateAdapter.msgTimeOut (InterpolateAdapter.java: 164)
at com.maddox.rts.MsgTimeOut.invokeListener (MsgTimeOut.java: 73)
at com.maddox.rts.Message._send (Message.java: 1217)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject (Message.java: 1191)
at com.maddox.rts.Time.loopMessages (Time.java: 180)
at com.maddox.rts.RTSConf.loopMsgs (RTSConf.java: 100)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec (Main.java: 436)
at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main (GameWin3D.java: 235)
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.maddox .il2.objects.Statics._msgDreamGlobal (Statics.java:1014)
at com.maddox .il2.objects.Statics._msgDreamGlobalTick (Statics.java: 949)
at com.maddox .il2.objects.Statics.msgDreamGlobalTick (Statics.java: 937)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.MsgDreamGlobal.invokeListener (MsgDreamGlobal.java: 43)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject (Message.java: 1158)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.send (Message.java: 1079)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.MsgDreamGlobal.sendTick (MsgDreamGlobal.java: 27)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.DreamEnvXY.doChanges (DreamEnvXY.java: 65)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.InterpolateAdapter.updatePos (InterpolateAdapter.java: 141)
at com.maddox.il2.engine.InterpolateAdapter.msgTimeOut (InterpolateAdapter.java: 164)
at com.maddox.rts.MsgTimeOut.invokeListener (MsgTimeOut.java: 73)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject (Message.java: 1191)
at com.maddox.rts.Time.loopMessages (Time.java: 180)
at com.maddox.rts.RTSConf.loopMsgs (RTSConf.java: 100)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec. (Main.java: 436)
at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main (GameWin3D.java: 235)
4>

Regards,

Riptide

http://www.4shared.com/file/68846389/2b ... 91008.html

includes airstrips at Hlegu and Heho plus newer textures in places where they were very repetetive.
Many towns have buildings added including some small ones which weren't populated before.
I also cut-out the awful looking diagonal canals around the Bangkok area and just left the straight ones.

I need to lay this map to rest ... and get to work upon the Burma ones :wink:

Downloaded this patch tonght Fabianfred and copied and pasted the the files into your map folder, trouble is when I launch one of my saved missions from the Thai campaign I am making the old problem of saving etc. rears its ugly head again! Are there new objects that you have added to this patch which need to added to the static.ini? There is no readme with the patch which indicates I should do so, any thoughts on this Fabianfred?

Wishing you the very best, Pete.