[Mod] Zip_Alpen V.1.2 - Final version + smaller actors patch

Hi ZipZapp,
thanks for your reply.
I have removed the MOD and re-installed from scratch (so I did not keep any file I "screwed-up" previously).
Now I have the 2 ....load.ini files (east + west) both referring to the actors_east.static and actors_west.static respectively.
the actors files are 7.7 and 7.8 MB, so they are the ones with the 512 sizes.
The all.ini has now only the entries for those east and west maps and both maps are showing (with airports!) in FMB.
I will not try to use the old missions I had built already, but will build them again from scratch.
Will let you know what the outcome is.
Thanks again for your help
rdans59

Hi ZipZapp,
unfoirtunately, I get the error again.
I can open and close the maps, add some objects and save them. I can also add aircrafts, waypoints etc. and play the mission, but as soon as I finish it and want to get back to FMB, I get the error again (the memory addresses are different than the ones mentioned in this thread, but the message is the same) and there is nothing else than click OK to terminate the program Cry
I think that I will have to leave this project of making a campaign in the Alps. Pity, really, because your maps are gorgeous!
rdans59

Grmps. I don't know what happens there. Try leaving the fmb and start the mission via online play/coop.

There is no need to redo the missions from the scratch, just change the entry

MAP zip_alpen/zip_alpen_load.ini (or what ever may be written there)

in the [MAIN] setion of the .mis file in the missions (sub-)folder to

zip_Alpen/zip_Alpen_east_load.ini

or .../zip_Alpen_west_load.ini.

Hey ZipZapp,
there may be a light at the end of the tunnel Smile
I don't have my machine set up for online gaming, so I have tried another way:
I have copied the whole folder with the mission to the ..\1946\missions\single folder and have flown the mission as single one.
It went just fine!!! No error at the end of it.
I wonder if the issue is strictly related by a mission flown from within FMB or something else.
I'll try add more missions to the existing set in the "single" folder and will test-fly them as single ones.
Will let you know.
Thanks so much for the help you gave so far.
I hope all the efforts will make up for a nice and entertaining Campaign (if I get it running.... fingers crossed!)
Thanks!
rdans59

I point out a few bugs in the Italian city

[Image: nord.jpg]

[Image: nordseconda.jpg]

It's easy to fix. There is a texts.txt in the zip_Alpen folder with lines like that:

243922 21305 7 1 2 0 Milano

Just change the name or add a new line where you want. First two numbers are x and y coordinates in Meter (Origin: Left top), the following you may copy and then add a name. That's all.

I had posted that once the mission file is copied/saved into (for example) the folder containing the single missions, the error about the "unreadable" memory disappeared....
That is true as long as you don't go back to the FMB.
For example: I make a mission in FMB, then I save it in the (single) "missions" folder as 01.mis. To 'preview' the mission, I exit the FMB and start the single mission from the main interface. I play the mission, check what needs to be adjusted, finish the mission and then exit to the main page. From there I start FMB again and load the mission in there (or even another mission based on the same template) and there I get the memory error again, as soon as the mission tries to load in FMB Sad
I wonder if this is not due to the extent of the map territory. Have you ever tried to reduce the map by half? There are already 2 areas (East and West) only "populated" by half. Maybe if you make two maps containing exactly that populated area only, it may help. I've no experience with map building so I have no ifdea if that is possible at all.

Seems the map is just a little bit to big in more then one aspect. Bad luck, but i don't plan to rework it.

If I may add my two cents:
WONDERFUL, GREAT MAP! Beautiful work! Thank you for doing this, I flew many self-made missions above the Lake Constance the last few days just to see if I could recognize places and all that; great level of detail!

Though, with me living in Konstanz, I could not help but noticing a few flaws in this city. The buildings in Konstanz resemble the degree of urban development it must have had back in 900 A.D. - the Munster on the hill, surrounded by only very few houses - and the small city of Kreuzlingen, just a few hundred meters from there, is looking at least twice as big. The beautiful harbour of Konstanz is also missing, as well as the ferry harbour to Meersburg. Also, as far as I recall from my recent guided tour through Konstanz, it only had one bridge over the Rhine back then in 1920/1930.

Then, the Mainau definitely needs more trees Wink today, it is almost completely covered by forest. And there is a beautiful castle on it Wink In my missions, I replaced it with the Reichstag (if that's it).

Sorry, I would correct all those things myself and upload them, but my laptop is just too weak to even run medium settings flawlessly (had to turn off Hardware Shaders to get >30 FPS!)...