[Mod] Zip_Alpen V.1.2 - Final version + smaller actors patch

I wish I could post a screenie, but every time I try to take a screenshot using printscreen the program crashes on me. Give me a day and I'll try to use Fraps to get it.

Fantastic map, but I too am getting a crash to desktop after finishing a mission in FMB. I'm running 4 gigs of RAM with an 8800GT.

I think that a same problem with Munchen town in this map... Its too much complicated for FMB and If I try look in FMB always go game crash to desktop.

but direct in game fly over Muenchen working without problem ...

I get a gamecrash too when exiting FMB after using the Alpen map. But there is a way to avoid this "gamecrash to desktop". ( My pc has 2GB RAM, 7600 GS 512MB)
After making a mission in FMB and saving it as a (for instance) Single Mission I exit FMB and go back to the Main Menu. In the Single Mission options I select my Alpenmission and fly away. When I quit I don't have this gamecrash anymore.
So just don't start your flight from FMB!

Zipzapp, your map is a must have just like LAL-Rone's Normandy 1944 map. Outstanding!
But one small remark: I noticed a spelling error on your map. Venice is called Venzia but shouldn't it be Venezia?

You are right, Lejo !!! Venzia is wriong... it should be Venezia !!! on my side, I noticed some other errors of that kind, and sent to zippzapp a corrected (partially) text file...

Some other names should also be checked by peoples coming from their respective lands, and these errors reported to zippzapp, so he can make all the corrections in one go instead of correcting something this day, something else on another day, etc... it will be easier for him, and so, we will have a corrected text file once only !!!

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

.... in the meantime everyone can correct those locally .... just open texts.txt file ( notepad ) and make needed corrections .

\MODS\MapMods\Maps\zip_Alpen\texts.txt

regards
Z

Fixed!
Thanks fly_zo, didn't know it was that easy!

I get game crashes too. It's a great map, but possibly a bit too big/detailed for most users.

Boosher Wrote:I wish I could post a screenie, but every time I try to take a screenshot using printscreen the program crashes on me. Give me a day and I'll try to use Fraps to get it.

try FSscreen its made for flight sims. works great.

This is the most incredible, authenic map that has been seen in any flight sim to date! You've broken the landscape barrier. I hope people understand how much time has been put into this effort. You've made the game what we've wanted since day one! Don't stop now! Thank you very much! When can we fly?

Now I have another kind of gamecrash to desktop. After a 20 minutes using this great map I get a popupscreen which says something about a memory error, the only thing I can do is press OK which brings me back to my desktop. This happens every time after 20 minutes. I never had this before with any other (modded) map.
My PC specs are: 2GB of RAM, NVIDIA 7600 GS 512MB.
I'm using Freetrack 6DOF and rudderpedals, playing in Perfect Mode (as far as this info is relevant)
Somebody else here with the same error and -more important- how to solve this? :roll:

Never heard of that kind of crash related especially to my map. In what kind of mission does that appear? Funny enough i made the experience the game runs best if started with "multiplayer/new server" even in a single mission. May be you'll try this. Apart from that it seems there are generally some problems due to the size or kind of the actors.static. I'm making a last attempt to solve this, and if it still doesn't runs properly the only solution will be splitting the file into a western and to a eastern part. It's just that nobody has any expierience with a such big and heavy populated map and the game still hides some of its secrets.

zipzapp wrote :
Quote:the only solution will be splitting the file into a western and to a eastern part.
is possible making this as second possibilty use this great map ? Maybe better for Muenchen problem in FMB.

you can after offer three versions of this map big,eastern and western.

Lejo Wrote:Now I have another kind of gamecrash to desktop. After a 20 minutes using this great map I get a popupscreen which says something about a memory error, the only thing I can do is press OK which brings me back to my desktop. This happens every time after 20 minutes. I never had this before with any other (modded) map.
My PC specs are: 2GB of RAM, NVIDIA 7600 GS 512MB.
I'm using Freetrack 6DOF and rudderpedals, playing in Perfect Mode (as far as this info is relevant)
Somebody else here with the same error and -more important- how to solve this? :roll:

As a work around, just after starting the mission start to register a track, then stop it. Please say if it worked for you (solved my crashes on bigger maps).

Flying around in these Alps is just awesome. The detailed granite reminds me of Yosemite.
Great work!! Big Grin