[MOD] Focke Wulf FW-190 A-3 ver 1.6 *01.08.09*

yep, its in the update files in UI 1.1.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Oh right - is that available seperately? Or could some kind soul send me the necessary folder?

hier.him

[GearL5_D0]
Mesh GearL5_D0
Parent WingLIn_D0
Hidden

and also:

[GearR5_D0]
Mesh GearR5_D0
Parent WingRIn_D0
Hidden
Separable
Attaching 0.02618 0.999657 0 -0.999315 0.0261581 0.0261804 0.0261577 -0.000691295 0.999658 0.3381 0.93926 -0.24509

Did the latest version make it in UI 1.1?

Thanks.

Hi Sabre10 ...
The latest version made it inti the UI 1.1

Hi su-san and sacro ...
This is a nice little modification and it works. With your permission it will go into the next update of the A-3.

on one of the previous versions, i think it was 1.2 i used prior to updating, the R1 kits were still there but they seem to have been removed from the file with the cryptic name, they are still listed in the weapons_ru file though. i can see that the U8 conversion makes little sense for the A-3 - which cant be selected either ingame - but the opposite would be true for the R1 version Smile

concerning the inner wheel doors i looked at alot of pictures recently when i did research for a plastic modeling project and it seems that basically all channel front A-3s had them. my guess is they are missing on the A-3 in il2 because the A-4 doesnt have it either but afaik the doors were only removed when using the ETC501 and possibly in russia on rough airfields but even then alot of A-3s and A-4s i saw had them regardless. On later aircrafts an additional piece seems to have been installed instead of the doors making the wheel well round again, you can see this on all later aircrafts, A-6 and onwards, that carry a bomb rack, or generally with all A-8s and 9s. my guess is that the production of the wheel doors was discontinued eventually since the A-8 and 9 had the etc501 installed by default. although i am not sure about the D-9 and later Ta's atm if they had the wheel door again and if it conflicted with the ETC504 :?

while looking at those pictures i noticed that some of them had the inner wheel doors are in the UP position when on the ground?! can somebody tell me what the point is and how that is possible?

FW 190 A-3 still has this PK BUG!!!!!!!!!

Got 3 pilot kills today. Every time the Spit VIII was round about 500 meters behind me. Only a single salve and I was dead. Its frustrating ... you have the feeling you are sitting naked in the sky. Never got so many pks in a focke wulf. Normally a Spit can sit 100 meters behind you and shoot on you. You will get a lot of damage but the pilot is alive.

WE WILL TAKE THE DAMAGE MOD OF THE A-4 as it is in the original slot for the A-3. Perhaps later when we have enough knowlege about managing the damage model we can test it again. I prefer to sit alive in a smoking plane than to be dead.

I/JG27_Waggel Wrote:FW 190 A-3 still has this PK BUG!!!!!!!!!

Got 3 pilot kills today. Every time the Spit VIII was round about 500 meters behind me. Only a single salve and I was dead. Its frustrating ... you have the feeling you are sitting naked in the sky. Never got so many pks in a focke wulf. Normally a Spit can sit 100 meters behind you and shoot on you. You will get a lot of damage but the pilot is alive.

WE WILL TAKE THE DAMAGE MOD OF THE A-4 as it is in the original slot for the A-3. Perhaps later when we have enough knowlege about managing the damage model we can test it again. I prefer to sit alive in a smoking plane than to be dead.

In mostly cases shoting from 6 o'clock from planes equipment with 0,50 cal should be deadly more for pilot then machine. In WW2 armour plates using by German planes like FW190 or 109 was loaf with milk for 0,50 caliber machineguns. Thats way in 1944/1945 many German pilots was killed or heavy wounded during combat over Germany.

So You shouldn't complain about PK in FW 190. I rather think that it is too rare even expecially when you shoting from six o'clock too Bf 109 and Fw 190 from P-51 or P-47. Pilot was more in danger then his plane when battery of 0,50 cal shoting from rear.

"A P-51 pilot vulched the home coming german pilot F

Are you sure that the pilot kills are caused by hits into the pilot armor plate from behind?

Maybe 20 mm cannon shells are hitting the sides of the cockpit or wing roots and the explosions spread fragments that hit the pilot through side walls of the cockpit or the canopy. At least I've managed to kill the pilot of a stock FW-190A-4 even in my I-153P when the FW was zoom climbing fast and the distance was already at least 500m.

You can check the situation easily by setting Arcade=1 in the conf.ini and shooting at AI FW's in Spitfire offline. In Arcade=1 mode arrows are drawn showing every hit and the fragments of cannon shells. Just shoot as long as PK text appears and check which arrow hits the pilot.

Quick examples with the FW-190A-3 in Unified Installer 1.1, I was shooting in Spitfire Mk.IX 25 lbs:

Pilot kill with two hits, one from behind and the other by the fragments of 20mm hit in wing root:
[Image: PK_hits.jpg]

Pilot still alive after three hits into the armor plate, rolled quickly after those hits, so was not even badly wounded:
[Image: Non-PK_hits.jpg]
Notice that a fragment from a middle wing cannon hit flew between the pilot and his seat.

I made a talk with Mr. Jolly today and he has taken a look into the DM of the A-3. He has found several bugs that make the pilot very vunerable in the A-3. This bugs are going back to the work of an "old friend" of us who has a big mouth but not much knowlege. In germany we say "Unkraut vergeht nicht". Means somethink like "weed does not pass".

So please do not use the A-3 in professional online wars. I declare this plane as BUGGY at the moment and we will work on it.

Great should be invincible in no time :wink:

sounds like you also had bad experiences with butcher birds ... :wink:

Birdman Wrote:Are you sure that the pilot kills are caused by hits into the pilot armor plate from behind?

Maybe 20 mm cannon shells are hitting the sides of the cockpit or wing roots and the explosions spread fragments that hit the pilot through side walls of the cockpit or the canopy. At least I've managed to kill the pilot of a stock FW-190A-4 even in my I-153P when the FW was zoom climbing fast and the distance was already at least 500m.

You can check the situation easily by setting Arcade=1 in the conf.ini and shooting at AI FW's in Spitfire offline. In Arcade=1 mode arrows are drawn showing every hit and the fragments of cannon shells. Just shoot as long as PK text appears and check which arrow hits the pilot.

Quick examples with the FW-190A-3 in Unified Installer 1.1, I was shooting in Spitfire Mk.IX 25 lbs:

Pilot kill with two hits, one from behind and the other by the fragments of 20mm hit in wing root:
[Image: PK_hits.jpg]

Pilot still alive after three hits into the armor plate, rolled quickly after those hits, so was not even badly wounded:
[Image: Non-PK_hits.jpg]
Notice that a fragment from a middle wing cannon hit flew between the pilot and his seat.

Accordind to Birdman post and test probalby DM in Fw 190 A-3 is more accurate then in other stock version of Fw 190s like every see on the screens!