[DONE] Ju.88A-4/Torp

really nice. Thank you. Love the German stuff.

V1.01 released ! See link in first post at page 1

change history:
V1.01
restored level stabilizer
disabled shift-f1 from bombardier view

Maraz, Char Aznable, Gitano and Vieuxleo

6S.Maraz Wrote:V1.01 released ! See link in first post at page 1

change history:
V1.01
restored level stabilizer
disabled shift-f1 from bombardier view

Maraz, Char Aznable, Gitano and Vieuxleo

Thanks for the heads up Maraz! Any idea when the final may actually see the light of day? Thanks to all of you for your hard work on this, much appreciated!

Thanks, this new plane is pretty sweet and works a treat. I love the dropping options. BUT...forward-firing cannons do not seem to work at all.

Hi!

I just downloaded the newest version, and test fluw it.

I have no forwart firing canon, and the special external torpedo racks are not there either. Just the normal 4 Ju-88-A4 bomb racks. I do have the new bombardeer position, but other then that, and the torpedo arnament, it looks like the regular Ju-88-A4. No canon or specian torpedo racks.

Could this have to do with the new update?

Cheers,
Joppe

OK now it's fixed, sorry.
Please remember also to disable version 1.00 by putting a '-' sign in front on the folder name 8or just delete it!)

Cheers
Maraz

I just copied it over the "old" folder and now I have new pylons and correct, functioning cannons. All good!

Great Mod, works like a charm for me!
I like the view from the observer position, well done!
Only prob i could find so far is the glass nose of the a/c from the inside.
The lower windows are not clear (kind of tinted), from pilot and observer seat as well.

Hope to see the other improvements soon.

Cheers,
Hogey

Hi.

Reinstalled the mod, and now it works perfectly. Had a lot of fun hunting down a coastal command Liberator Big Grin

Many thanks to all who contributed for this beautifull mod, and I'm looking forwart to the final release!

Cheers,
Joppe

Ehem, the torps explode but don't have any effect? Seems not to be possible to sink anything with them.

zipzapp Wrote:Ehem, the torps explode but don't have any effect? Seems not to be possible to sink anything with them.

for me working well !

imho you must install before ju88 a russian mod FW-190 A5 !

Hi chaps - I take your point about launching the torpedo from the bombardier's position. If it can't be done, then no problem. Personally, I would prefer to stick with pilot launching, rather than have an invented sight, in any case. I think the comment about the pilot also being able to launch the torpedos may well be valid. The Ju 88 cockpit was very small and even if the pilot didn't have a button on his control column, I'm pretty sure he could have leaned over and used the bombardier's trigger (if necessary).

Here's a couple of afterthoughts:

The 20mm MG FF fixed installation on Ju-88s often seems to have been of this variety (ie provided with a streamlined jacket):

[Image: torps_004.jpg]

Which is also found on the He-111H6 model:

[Image: torps_001-1.jpg]

And this instrument grouping, as I'm sure you know, is incorrect:

[Image: torps_003-1.jpg]

The gauges should be seen through a circular glazed panel as shown here:

[Image: torps_002-1.jpg]

True size of the gauges when uncowled:

[Image: torps_dials001.jpg]

I realise the gauges were enlarged for gameplay reasons (I assume they function?), but I wonder if the surround could at least be made circular?

I have instaled 1.01 (not previous) and I have a plane but I dont have torpedoes. What's the catch?

if I install the this mod I got a cdt at 60%

I followed the read me to the letter.... every time I have a problem that

Avala Wrote:I have instaled 1.01 (not previous) and I have a plane but I dont have torpedoes. What's the catch?

Maybe you don't have the FW.190A-5/U-14 mod installed? This mod is needed for the torpedo...

Maraz