[DONE] Ju.88A-4/Torp

Level stabilizer will be restored in further release.. But bombsight will not. Aiming while torpedo bombing was made by the pilot (not the bombardier) using normal gunsight or some dedicated sights.

Maraz

Really enjoying this aircraft, Thank you! Already reworked a couple QMB strike missions to accommodate this beauty 8)

Thx Maraz..nice like your maps Smile

Please, all, do not forget that I am only one of the authors of this mod, other authors are _1SMV-Gitano. Char_aznable and out last team member Vieuxleo.

Maybe I am the one who contributed less than others... Smile

Cheers
Maraz

PDelaney Wrote:Thank you! Smile

Would it be very difficult to get this to load out 2x250lb bombs - coz with that 20mm chin cannon it's looking a lot like a Kyushu Q1W Tokai, Japanese anti-submarine patrol plane?

Just a thought...

Big Grin

Not for this aircraft, but possibly for another Ju.88 version we will do... Smile
But please note that the Q1W was a much lighter and smaller aircraft than the Ju.88.

Maraz

6S.Maraz Wrote:Level stabilizer will be restored in further release.. But bombsight will not. Aiming while torpedo bombing was made by the pilot (not the bombardier) using normal gunsight or some dedicated sights.

Maraz

Great mod. Out of curiosity I've been reading up on how this machine was used. Firstly, the Stuvi sight it seems to me must be incorrect. I have a drawing from a Russian source which indicates that an ordinary Revi was fitted to torpedo A4s and A17s. The pilot, after all, had control of the 20 mm fixed cannon to suppress flak from ships under attack and a Revi was sufficient (sometimes the gun was flexibly mounted through the nose glass and fired by the bombardier). Several other German aircraft were modified to carry the LF 5b torpedo (Ju 87, Fi 167, He III, Fw 190) and for some of them I can find no evidence that they were ever fitted with a dedicated dive-bombing sight, so it can't have been a pre-requisite.

[Image: torpsight_001.jpg]

I'd have to disagree with you Maraz concerning who launched the torpedos. So far as I can determine the torpedo aiming device (Torpedozielger

Hi Username,

thx for the useful info! We are already working to change to Stuvi for a Revi. Loft sigh has already been deleted also.

Concerning the launch of torpedoes, I don't know if there could be any difference between pilot and bomber, due to game engine limitations (please, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Sure we would need more info and pics to properly model the aiming device.

Wink

maybe you could install something like in the Me410, some sort of revi/scope sight?

Imp Wrote:maybe you could install something like in the Me410, some sort of revi/scope sight?

This could be a possibility! Big Grin

Imp Wrote:maybe you could install something like in the Me410, some sort of revi/scope sight?
I think that this scope not was instaled on ju88-a4,its not real ...

well no but the stock A-4 couldnt carry torpedos either Wink without the lofte sight which is great for its magnification there would be a lack thereof

i am just saying, if they had noticed the lack of some scopelike equipment they mightve requested some adhoc solution.

Many thanks to all involved... time to sink some shipping Smile

Thanks Username for your interesting post.

As Gitano said, we have already deleted the Lofte, and we plan to take the Stuvi out and replace it with a Revi.

About torpedo dropping, your account is really interesting, I assumed that the pilot dropped the torpedo from what I learn from Regia Aeronautica accounts (RA pilots were good at torpedo bombing, despite obsolescence of their aircraft, and had very good torpedoes, the "Whitehead-Fiume" torpedoes, that were also acquired by Luftwaffe ad LTF-5).

Af first it was planned that the Navy Officer who was onboard (to help recognizing targets, estimate their type and speed, etc.) had to launch the torpedo. Then this was found to be impractical, because the pilot only had the"feeling" of the aircraft. The Italians developed some simple torpedo sights, but always for the pilot.

Now this account makes clear that the Germans had developed a torpedo bombsight that was manned by another crewmwmber. It would be great to know better how this device was designed, what it did and what were the tasks of the pilot and the torpedo-bombardier. I would be surprised, anyway, if the pilot could not launch the torpedo himseld, in one of those close range, sea-skimming attacks you wrote about.

In a further release of the beta (that is being worked at) we will delete completely the "bombsight view", as well restore the level stabilizer, and probably add some armour (current Ju.88 model has no armour modeled for the crew). We could add "something" as a torpedo gunsight, only if we knew something more about it.

Cheers
Maraz

[quote="Username"]I'd have to disagree with you Maraz concerning who launched the torpedos. So far as I can determine the torpedo aiming device (Torpedozielger

6S.Maraz Wrote:Prerequisites:
==============

This mod needs the Fw.190A-5/U-14 mod for the LT5-F torpedo (this mod is included in the AAA Unified Installer)

Hi !

Great work !!

I have a question :
Can you tell me what files from Fw.190A-5/U-14 mod are needed to install Ju.88/Torp ?

Thanks.