[WIP] Reworked bomb models

Thanks guys Smile

First, I'll only make the Luftwaffe bombs and add some that have been left out and will be therefor available for future aircraft, like the SC 1000 for the Fw190 series.

As far as polys are concerned, their number did rise quite a bit, but as it only effects the LOD0, the effect on overall performance is negligible. For example the SC1000 had no measurable effect on my mid-range system.

Oh and as far as my avatar is concerned, it'll stay. You know, each to his own Wink

Gay as f@ck! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

great work!

Very nice work Zorin! Thanks.

Excellent work Zorin!

Zorin Wrote:As a side project I started to refurbish the bombs for the Luftwaffe.

Here as an example, the SC 1000 before and after:

[Image: sc1000_old.jpg]

[Image: sc1000-2.jpg]

I still need to decide whether I will reuse the old texturing or if it is better to start from scratch.

Deutsche Gr

Ok folks, here you can see the options you can have for bombs in Il2.

SC50

1. original model
2. automatic poly boost
3. completely new model which will have a new texture file

[Image: Compare-1.jpg]

I will from now on handle this as all the other modders here. It is my work and no one must download and use it.

Zorin Wrote:I will from now on handle this as all the other modders here. It is my work and no one must download and use it.

:?:

canonuk Wrote:
Zorin Wrote:I will from now on handle this as all the other modders here. It is my work and no one must download and use it.

If I may quote you:

Quote:I'm not really fussed what people think. I'm not making this map for them. I'm making it for me. It's a nice bonus that some other people will enjoy it too.

The new bomb model looks fantastic. Shouldn't be too much of a hit for most people's rigs. The original low poly model was designed with much weaker systems in mind compared to what we have today. Great work.

well, the default sc50 is realy ugly, but the one with 168 tris would suit me

Update:

[Image: compo_new.jpg]

Zorin Wrote:
canonuk Wrote:

If I may quote you:

Quote:I'm not really fussed what people think. I'm not making this map for them. I'm making it for me. It's a nice bonus that some other people will enjoy it too.

I don't understand your comment of 'no one must download and use it'. So you aren't making it available? Or do you mean to say that people aren't forced to download it?

canonuk Wrote:
Zorin Wrote:
canonuk Wrote:

If I may quote you:

I don't understand your comment of 'no one must download and use it'. So you aren't making it available? Or do you mean to say that people aren't forced to download it?

No one is forced to download it. If anyone dislikes it, so be it.

Howlin_mad109 Wrote:Confusedhock: damn man, now that looks hot.

Hot? I would say explosive!! Big Grin
Very damn good work Zorin! Cant wait to drop one of those :wink: