[WIP] Reworked bomb models

I think that the bombs stand out too much on other detail of the game.
Also think that this is just a waste of pc-power, so you can count me out from the downloaders. :wink:

Well Letku, if people want a significantly improved game experience it will be necessary to overhaul every aspect of it. Reworking the bombs is one necessary task amongst many that must be done to bring IL2 up to scratch with modern standards.

Zorin Wrote:It is not that simple, unfortunately. There is still some post production needed to get it back to fit with the game and it is no option for meshes that are in any form complex. So in regards to planes or stuff like that it is ratehr useless.

Damn, thats a shame. Cry I'd really hoped there'd be a way to smooth out some of the worst bits, like the Ju-88 and Pe-2 nacelles etc. Thanks for the reply though. Grateful that you took the time. :wink:

Well i just don't understand why someone would use there free time to make bombs look sharper and smoother because you usually can't see them from the cockpit anyway, but hey it's there time and they can do whatever they want with it.:lol:

But if you have a fetish to play from the outside view so be it.:wink:

My way would be to optimise and not to make the game more heavier to run then it is now.

Just as i got rid off all the stuttering and slowdowns the modders started to
increase effects,clouds,viewrange, groundtextures etc. that easily halved fps numbers for me.
Tried them all but deleted them after too much performance loss for il2 on my pc.

It's personally not to me a problem, but i've noticed that now when people are running everything on perfect they do get dropped more often from my coop-missions then before when they started using these high-detail mods.
And they just can't bear to remove them because they make the game so beautiful now :twisted:

It's much more fun to have close to a hundred aircraft now in the air then a few with high detail.

This is also something i'm afraid of when SOW-BoB is released after seing the detail in the models, no 1500 luftwaffe aircraft raids to England possible maybe. :?:

Hmm, I don

We are in the year 2008 and I personally do not want to carry a LEGO-square to the targets. This bombs are high quality and brilliant work. This is good because I will use them the next f.... 7 years.

If you have an old computer:

drop down the grafic settings in your conf.ini

or

buy a new pc

or

deinstall Il-2 and waste your time with playig tetris :wink:

Gl

I'm lucky.. my pc, although not new, seems to handle the mods and graphics pretty well..
But lets not start bashing people who have much older systems, or can't afford to upgrade.
It's demeaning, and smacks of elitism, which of late is an attitude creeping into the forums.
With the boot on the other foot however, it's no use berating the modders if your pc can't handle some of the mods being produced.. It's just a case of biting the bullet sometimes and having to realise that there may be some things that you can't use..
Now, be nice everyone or I might just open the locker of pain................

Last year I made a streak of 39 planes in an online war without getting killed. After this I got many questions regarding to my computer system. They thaught I have the latest computer with TrackIR gold special deluxe and rudder pedals and so son . . .

My settings where:
1.4 Ghz AMD
512 MB RAM
GF Ti 4200 with 125 MB
150 GB hard disc

no Track IR
no peddals
but a X52 Joystick with throttle.

I reduced the grafic settings to get an optimal performance for online flying. A lot of people think, you need a high end computer to play this game. This is wrong. You only need a high end computer when you put your grafic settings very high in the conf. ini.

Edit: I do not like this "I have no money and I want to drive a Porsche" mentality. If I want to have something, I have to work for it. A hungry student is a good student. You can see this in so many situations in life. A "Porsche" is no "Porsche" if the whole world can buy this car. Il-2 is not like a Porsche ....

Back to topic Big Grin

You 'can't have your Porche and eat it too eh???' :mrgreen:

this looks explosively good!! no pun intended

IAF.116~Jagr Wrote:this looks explosively good!! no pun intended

I think it was 8)

Trooper117 Wrote:You 'can't have your Porche and eat it too eh???' :mrgreen:

A porsche rather bites itself through the asphalts as I could eat a porsche :roll: Big Grin

hmmm perhaps this version is better:

A Porsche rather eats the asphalts then me eating a Porsche
:roll: :wink:

I germany we sometimes make very complicated thaughts and they are hard to connvert into another language .... I have to work on my language skills :-D

Obviously you can't eat a Porche.. It was a joke, humourous remark, a jest or jolly jape..

Ok, a small update as I have been busy with real life stuff.

OLD
[Image: sc50_old.jpg]

NEW
[Image: sc50_new.jpg]

Stunning work Zorin Smile Beautiful.

Kinda makes you wonder how we've managed to put up with the stock fuglies :lol: