(BETA) Zimbotho 0.6

Thanks for putting up the list of files:

After checking several times I seem to be missing the following 2 files. They are not in the zipfile I downloaded either.

MISSING:
African_Sand.BumpH
fsmd_mount3.Bumph

And I have the following files that are not mentioned in your list of files. These are extra (?) files :

EXTRA/SUPERFLOUS (?)
fsmd_mount3base.BumpH
fsmd_mount3base.tga

To me: maps loads ok but I can't save mission. This usually indicates there are some objects in the actors.static which are not in my static.ini. Are you sure you used only RONE hangar mod objects?

The bumph files: if you have them or if you don't have them the game will work ok...just the textures will look a bit different if you have the bumph files.

I still can't save, either...as my install is so fresh, with only LAL's hangar mod+the Infantry mod, I'm also thinking its some object you might have used that is not in LAL's mod...???

PS: the map looks frikkin' sweet! It looks pretty close to some of the scenery north of me, the African veld areas moving into swampy river delta areas... good job!
Damn, now if only i could get to use it...!! :?

agracier Wrote:Thanks for putting up the list of files:

After checking several times I seem to be missing the following 2 files. They are not in the zipfile I downloaded either.

MISSING:
African_Sand.BumpH
fsmd_mount3.Bumph

And I have the following files that are not mentioned in your list of files. These are extra (?) files :

EXTRA/SUPERFLOUS (?)
fsmd_mount3base.BumpH
fsmd_mount3base.tga

fsmd_mount3.tga is superfluous. My mistake.

The BumpH files are not actually required. Although the system looks for them and uses them if they're there, it won't throw a wobbly if it doesn't find them. I'll correct the textures in a couple of weeks anyway.

If there's another mod lurking in there it got past me. I could suggest downloading the english channel 1940 beta, or that infantry mod, to see if that makes a difference, but in all honesty I'm scratching my head to figure out whats missing because I'm not aware that I've used any objects from them.

An updated actor.static file is now included. It appears to help some people load the game.

Great map. I was wondering if it could had some hills. It seems to be a little to flat. Is it possbilbe? Thanks for this map.

I had a flight over it and I loved it! Sure there are some things to refine plus the addition of the objects in villages and so on. But as a beta it's fantastic!
One thing: try changing the forest such that the forest tiling becomes less visible (tiling is disturbing est of "Stalingrad" , the big water-forest region.

I'll swear a herd of Wildebeasts tore across the runway as I was giving my plane its runup!! :wink:
Its hard to recognise much about it as the old Stalingrad map (esp from the cockpit)...the swamp area kinda tipped it off for me but then thats just looking at it as a map...get ingame and its a whole new deal!

Beautiful bit of work caldrail...Thankyou indeed.

S'
Sikshoota

lowfighter Wrote:One thing: try changing the forest such that the forest tiling becomes less visible (tiling is disturbing est of "Stalingrad" , the big water-forest region.

Understood. Thats a fault with the Burma jungle textures unfortunately, and so far, I haven't found or created anything to better it. The tiling isn't too bad on my PC, and it may be that the map_F.tga file is accentuating the tiling? Anyhow, if I come across something better, I'll include it.

As promised, the final texture set is now available. I'm not planning any more work on those, and all thats left to do is some detail work on the map and lots of object placement. I've cancelled my social life and... Oh I see Wink Well hopefully it won't be too long before you get a full release of Zimbotho. Be patient guys, its a hard slog to the finish line.

The screenshot really screams "Africa"! I look forward to downloading this when I get home!

Hi guys. A general update for you, airfields established - I'm not doing any more substantial work on those, extended roads/rail and the landscape nearly fully textured. Still lots of objects to be placed, but hey, it keeps me off the streets.

Pleace help me. I can't save any missions with this great map!
I did download and install the Hangar mod 1 & 2, and that other mod you listet. Still, I can't save missions. Are there any other objects you might have used but forgot about? A flagpack object or something?

Please do help me. I realy want to fly over this map.
Maybe you could post a list off all mods that add new objects to the game? I then can compare it to the ones I have. Maybe that could do the trick.

Thanks for the great map,
Joppe

Check your all.ini in the ...\MODS\MAPMODS\maps folder. Is the entry "CAL_Zimbotho CAL_Zimbnotho\load.ini" in alphabetical order with the others? If not, move it accordingly. It might solve your problem.

As Obelix says : some more hills... and it will be a perfect map for what-if scenarios in Africa, or in South America !!! with biplanes, we could even think about the Gran Chaco War !!!

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.