(BETA) Zimbotho 0.6

Hi gentlemen !!!

I am using the UP 2.01, and installed several maps on it, including Zimbotho.

Unfortunately, it is tghe only map that do not load !!! My screen remains blue when I want to load it in the FMB, and when I want to fly a mission on it, I have te map in the briefing, the mission loads, but it is unflyable...

Any solution ???

Is anything missing in the UP 2.01 to fly this map ???

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

I have the same problem as Gaston with this map in UP 2, It appears to need this texture MTO_Lowland_3.tga.

Would have thought this was a stock texture so why the sim can't find it is anyones guess. :?

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. Big Grin

Yes, I found it a whle ago too !!!

Thanks !!!

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

Uzin Wrote:Static.ini checker says:
Missing objects in your static.ini:
buildings.House$Nissen_hut
buildings.House$Luft_Wooden_Hangar
found in Title House Pacific

Where I shall find these objects, please?

I am almost decided to abandon trials to instal the maps which does not work out of the box.
Perhaps it would be better if map makers verify the installability of their products on pure unmodded Il2 versions, e.g. v 409,
then write which additional packs are necessary and sufficient for succesful installation.

There's more than one mod system now and that can't be guaranteed. these missing objects are either covered by IL2 4.09 and the add-ons I listed on page one. If you have HSFX or UP2.0 the objects are in there as default but perhaps listed under another name? This map was made before AAA UI included the required object packs as standard and worked fine back then. You might need to fiddle around with mod files and folders. Sorry about that, but it is a beta, not a finished map, so you cannot expect it to work perfectly out of the box. But thanks for the heads up anyway, and why the missing texture issue arose lord only knows.

Uzin Wrote:Static.ini checker says:
I am almost decided to abandon trials to instal the maps which does not work out of the box.
Perhaps it would be better if map makers verify the installability of their products on pure unmodded Il2 versions, e.g. v 409,
then write which additional packs are necessary and sufficient for succesful installation.
It may be stupid ... But can the authors make two actor.static.
Widely regarded as one with only the objects Defaulted? Suppose that the map will remain a hole! Texture is another matter, and when the maps are not working because of the house or cars - is fleas!!

No, the author (me) can't necessarily do that. In order to try that I have to have more than one version of IL2 on my hard disks so I can access the objects contained, plus it increases the development time considerably. Zimbotho was designed to work with an older version of the game plus some required mods. The situation as far as I'm aware is the object list in current modded versions of IL2 is different so the map needs a major rework even as it stands. That won't happen tomorrow, especially as I currently have other priorities to contend with. If the beta doesn't work for you then I apologise. But that's why I issued it as a test - to find out whether it works and sort out bugs involved, which in this case turn out to be considerable.

caldrail Wrote:If the beta doesn't work for you then I apologise. But that's why I issued it as a test - to find out whether it works and sort out bugs involved, which in this case turn out to be considerable.
Oh no ! This is a great map. Maybe supplement two or three water aerodromes improve it even more. Few to deepen the river for navigation ... And do not glut the next version of building the objects, leave as is.

[Image: kolesnik3.jpg]

Shipping is ready! :roll: It must be navigable rivers on the map, without the shallows ... :lol:

Is that a joke or a photoshopped image? Cause is looking great!!

RealDarko Wrote:Is that a joke or a photoshopped image? Cause is looking great!!
It's two fuel tanks + 4 platform + 2 Lender gun + one of the cargo ship. He swims and shoots. But he has no class. I put it in place of credit default cargo ship, or instead of Ship1 ShipPak. The lack of one - surf the stern, not the paddles ... , and sound (((.
For ShipPak -
Code:
[Ship1]

Description  Dry Cargo Ship

Icon         shipDestroyer

// Model

Mesh         3do/Ships/Ship1/Hier.him

// Motion Parameters

SliderDistance 250.0
Speed          9.26 //18.52
SoundMove      models.Ship

// Vitals

[Ship1:Part0]
BaseChunk Hull1
strengthBasedOnThisSection strength_HullMedium

Vital
damageDepth   0.33
damagePitch  -1.5
damageRoll    7.0
damageTime   52.0

[Ship1:Part1]
BaseChunk Hull2

Vital
damageDepth   0.33
damagePitch   0.0
damageRoll    2.0
damageTime   38.0

[Ship1:Part2]
BaseChunk Hull3
Vital
damageDepth   0.33
damagePitch   1.5
damageRoll    7.0
damageTime   54.0

// Structure

[Ship1:Part3]
BaseChunk MastT
strengthBasedOnThisSection strength_HullSmall

[Ship1:Part4]
BaseChunk Boat1
strengthBasedOnThisSection strength_HullTiny

[Ship1:Part5]
BaseChunk Boat2
strengthBasedOnThisSection strength_HullTiny

[Ship1:Part6]
BaseChunk                 Head2_x
strengthBasedOnThisSection strength_GunSmall

gunBasedOnThisSection  gun_00762_1914 //gun_3_50Mk10
HeadMinYaw                -140
HeadMaxYaw                 140
GunHeadChunk             Head2_x
GunBarrelChunk            Gun2_x
GunShellStartHook  ShellStart2

[Ship1:Part7]
BaseChunk                 Head3_x

GunHeadChunk             Head3_x
GunBarrelChunk            Gun3_x
GunShellStartHook  ShellStart3

For default Cargo add description -
Code:
[Tramp:Part6]
BaseChunk                 Head2_x

GunHeadChunk             Head2_x
GunBarrelChunk            Gun2_x
GunShellStartHook  ShellStart2

[Tramp:Part7]
BaseChunk                 Head3_x

GunHeadChunk             Head3_x
GunBarrelChunk            Gun3_x
GunShellStartHook  ShellStart3

Very nice indeed lacota, shame I can't get my Zimbotho map to run these days. I'll have to use it on my South Vietnam map. :roll:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :wink:

Mission_bug Wrote:Very nice indeed lacota, shame I can't get my Zimbotho map to run these days. I'll have to use it on my South Vietnam map. :roll:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :wink:
No question! Call steamer "Ho Chi Minh" :roll: or "Star of Siam". Smile
Too bad on the left side should be read with a mirror .... Big Grin

[Image: Cannonboat.jpg]

Coming soon will be ready gunboat "Saigon
2 x 6 "+ 2 x 3 + 2 x .50

Gunboat "Saigon" already swims and shoots ..
Few work file and can be taken for the war want to Mekong want on the Rio Negro.
[Image: cannonboat2.jpg]
[Image: cannonboat1.jpg]

That looks superb lacota, still trying to get the first one running though yet. :???:

How about starting a seperate thread to show off these superb boats you've made. :wink:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :roll: