Poll: Was this advice useful? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.42%
77.42%
No
22.58%
22.58%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

The Definitive IL2 Mat Manager Installation guide

Make Sure that you DO NOT install MAT manager over a modded game folder. Install Mat manager prior to installing mods, otherwise, problems seem to occur.

I myself would add that I've not had problems when I installed it over UI.

Bingo1957
If your using the JSGME then enable the Hakencruz mod.....

P.S. not to burst anyone's bubble here, but if you download the 2.36 version, you can get it to work with no problems. I have used it since its release and have had no problems. You just need to be familiar with how Mat mangager works. So its not really for the beginner that's for sure.

P/O W. 'Moggy' Cattermole
You did a good job Bud, explaining the method, but if you could add a couple of screenshots to your install method it would be very helpful to alot of the new pilots. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words....Good Jod man!

True, Badger, but I used this when installing 2.36 to make doubly sure and everything worked a treat; so thanks for this moggy m8 Big Grin

hoo boy.... this is a very old topic, I'm on vista for one thing!

Right well I guess I can, I'm about to move over to hsfx 4.1, i'll try sticking mat manager on it and then i'll add pictures if i do.

When I hit the red button to quit (and save), I get this error message..

"run-time error 70"
what could it be ??

[Image: errorlk.jpg]

I've used mat manager for years, it's an absolute must have... I used the old method years back installing each version seperately with no drama's if a little long winded.. However, as I've got a new version of the game up and running I'll use Moggy's method with the all inclusive self installer and let you lot know if I run into any problems.. :wink:

Gents, just a heads up -- I cannot guarentee that it'll work with HSFX or Ultrapack, in fact I'd hazard a guess that it will have a heart attack. This is because those mods use the forgotten countries mod -- I do not think matt manager is compatible!

As fro your issue, what version are you running, and which mods / mod pack?

P/O W. 'Moggy' Cattermole Wrote:Gents, just a heads up -- I cannot guarentee that it'll work with HSFX or Ultrapack, in fact I'd hazard a guess that it will have a heart attack. This is because those mods use the forgotten countries mod -- I do not think matt manager is compatible!

I have Ultrapack 2.0.. and a few plane mods (He 219, P24, the skinmod)
But why would it not work with those?

I read it definately works with HSFX at least and other mods.. no you tell me the contrary..?
Are you positive it does not work with HSFX & Ultra?

P/O W. 'Moggy' Cattermole Wrote:Gents, just a heads up -- I cannot guarentee that it'll work with HSFX or Ultrapack, in fact I'd hazard a guess that it will have a heart attack. This is because those mods use the forgotten countries mod -- I do not think matt manager is compatible!

Just to let you know- I did get it to run in the past with il-2 1946 original, un moded...
Im trying to get it to work with the mods
it would be a pity if it does not work

Trooper117 Wrote:I've used mat manager for years, it's an absolute must have... I used the old method years back installing each version seperately with no drama's if a little long winded.. However, as I've got a new version of the game up and running I'll use Moggy's method with the all inclusive self installer and let you lot know if I run into any problems.. :wink:

I agree, - must have

Do me a favor and let me know if you got it running with HSFX or with Ultrapack
After installing one or the other I just cant get it to work.
(and im having other problems as well, like reversed NAV lights.. there's a threat on that as you probably know )

thanks for you help