[MOD] Slovakia winter map

S! Guys,
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm giving it a shot here. Has anyone experienced issues of not being able to see aircraft near the ground with the modded maps? We fly this map a lot and I love it. It's my favorite of all!

I noticed I was not seeing very well. Loosing cons near the ground especially. We fly only FISC style settings, closed cockpit no icons. I assumed I was just rusty. However the other night I followed my wingman down with a bogie following him. I was about 2000 meter behind with the P51 inside my revi. Once they got within 50 meters of the ground they just disappeared.

This brought me to some testing. I flew the slot map, another mod and had a lot of difficulty seeing cons that were low. It didn't matter weather they were over water or land. I then ran the smolensk map. Note, all testing was 4.09 Mods on. No problems at all tracking cons low the ground on the Smolensk map.

Is it a graphics setting I'm missing??? Textures??? Any ideas? I do seem to have issues seeing them at altitudes too. But it's not nearly as bad. I just seem to not have as good SA in the modded maps........FPS are good. Game runs smooth. All looks good. I just can't seem to see em.

My PC specs are,
AMD Athalon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41 GHZ
2 GB Ram
GForce 8600 GT 500MB

Thanks,
Sean

Hi all,

first, sorry for no update or replies. There will be a small update soon, but I do not have time for Il-2 at the moment Cry .

Just a word: I recommand to download gilb57 winter map-pack:
1- splendid work

2- it contains a low res version of the Slovakia winter map textures , and they work fine. If you want to use them in Slovakia winter map, just replace the lines in the load.ini.

Wonderfull map! w/o any other word.

I'm tryn' to change green trees in snowy ones, and I read above that is necessary this correction "Tree0 = Trees\AlteredBush8aw.tga, needed winter setting for forest=3".

Does this meanin' I must change in config.ini the tree's value to =3, or other changes?

Hi All,
Does anybody know where May I find Qucik Mission for that beautiful map?
Thank You.

zack Wrote:Hi All,
Does anybody know where May I find Qucik Mission for that beautiful map?
Thank You.

Here is a campaign for the winter map: viewtopic.php?t=19706
Cracken also has a campaign named Thunder claps wildly which is also found in the IL2 MISSIONS AND CAMPAIGNS DOWNLOAD FORUM.

Thank You Texan, but actually I'm looking for Quick Misions.
At this moment without those files I can't fly this beautiful winter map in Quick Mission Builder.

I forget where I downloaded these from so sorry no link.... but here you go, QMB 00.mis files for Slovakia

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ygmjtzxyim0

add to config>
CustomXX=Slovakia
CustomXX=Slovakia_Winter

Easy