[MOD] Slovakia winter map

Gil,

why don't you make your Ardennes winter mod available as a d/l? It looks great!

Gil, I second that request.

And I third the request ... assuming that's done ... ha ha.

Seriously - it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:why don't you make your Ardennes winter mod available

Well, it was just a test and buildings in towns are not all correctly fitted along the streets and roads !

As I'm not a map modder, I don't know how to have buildings in towns correctly placed along streets.
Is it manual or automatic ?
I suppose actors.static is involved in the process ...

Well, in my idea, the work is not good enough to be released for DL :wink:

may-bug, thank you for this map upgrade and thanks to icozv for the Quick Missioms.

Just some quick shots:

[Image: 0512200810-01-53.jpg]

[Image: 051220089-56-59.jpg]

[Image: 0512200810-01-05.jpg]

[Image: 051220089-58-08.jpg]

Quote:I would, but still haven't found out how to do so. I've tried renaming them in the texture files of already existing maps, but that doesn't seem to work. Nor do I apparently know which texture files should be replaced in the first place.
Any clarifications on how this works?

You have to replace, in the load.ini file (with notepad), the name of the texture you want to change by the name of the new one. Example:

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/winter/LowLand_1.tga
LowLand1 = land/winter/LowLand_2.tga
LowLand2 = land/winter/midland_2.tga
LowLand3 = land/winter/mount.tga

>>replaced texture names:

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/winter/Mbug_sk_LowLand0_Hiver.tga
LowLand1 = land/winter/Mbug_sk_LowLand1_fields_Hiver.tga
LowLand2 = land/winter/Mbug_sk_LowLand2_fields_Hiver03.tga
LowLand3 = land/winter/Mbug_sk_LowLand3_fields_Hiver.tga

Make your tests in FMB.
That works with all maps, just check the name of the new texture is right, or the game won't load the map. If the game does not load the map, hit Shift+Tab keys. You'll see "... can't load xxx.tga" or something like this at the end of the list. Check for xxx.tga in your load.ini and correct it with the right name.
Hope it helps,

and many thanks at all for advices and kind words Big Grin ,

may-bug.

vp, please check MP :wink: .

Excellent work with this - really transforms the map and the textures are excellent.

Well done!

About a previous request, on my test with winter Ardennes map + Slovakia winter texs :

I encountered a problem with city textures but finally decided to make newer ones (corrected to fit older 4.08 streets but in slovakia standard : 1024x1024x256c ). It seems to work well so I'll finally release soon this newer Winter Ardennes map.

[Image: new-ardennes05.jpg]

[Image: new-ardennes00.jpg]

After that, I'll practice again with another "old" winter map (Kurland or Normandy) and then, I may re-do texs with less snow for "atlantic winter scenery"...

Hi all,

There will be an update in the current week for the textures (reduced textures by vp_media to download) and some other minor things.

thanks for interest,

may-bug.

may-bug, will those textures apply to VP's existing maps as well? I cannot load some of his maps due to lack of tga d/l's.

Thanks May-Bug!

vpmedia Wrote:few problems I noticed:

CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER, needed, sets default aircraft camo to winter

Tree0 = Trees\AlteredBush8aw.tga, needed winter setting for forest=3

after the correction it will be a kick ass map Smile thank you

After applying these corrections it is much better. The trees are covered with snow instead of those green ones.

[Image: SLW001.jpg]

Gives you a Christmas feeling... :roll:

tab_flettner winter Ardennen map and vp summer reworked one conflict with your one if you want to use the previous ones as default (renaming tab_wload .ini to wload.ini) but as I would like to use your good map aswell I tried to rename your may_bug ardennes map folder and load.ini into GW_ardennen (folder name) and changed all.ini text : GW_ardennen ------ GW_ardennen/GW_winload.ini but now map don't load anymore any suggestion about? :?: thank you

Quote:if you want to use the previous ones as default

I don't know anything about VP's one (I didn't installed it) but I also tried to use Tab_ardennes as default and no conflict appeared....

Quote:all.ini text : GW_ardennen ------ GW_ardennen/GW_winload.ini

You may not do that because this map is not a completely new one but just reworked. Some files in the original folder (xxx.sfs file) are still used -as Tab's one also did - and this (hidden) folder is named "ardennes" so you can't change this.
The folder MUST be GW-Ardennes(or ardennen)/maps/ardennes/...
and in the ini file:
GW_ardennen ardennes/GW_winload.ini

(what is in red must be kept).

If you want to have my map as default, just rename GW_winload.ini in wload.ini BUT you'll have to disable the others.
If IL2 finds more than one ardennes/wload.ini file there IS a conflict :wink: