[MOD] X'Mas present from Freddy: P-51-D20 Cockpit

Well.

I always admired Fredy's work, and I never never never never criticized their work.

I believe than the whole community, to be deeply thankful with him for their hard work, to improve the simulator.

FZ, please give Freddy my gratitude for agreeing to share his work. I very much appreciate the time and effort that he put into it. Reskinning cockpits is an exhausting process and a work of this standard is a generous gift to us all.

THANK YOU!

Thanks Freddy, beautiful work

there are two types of criticism, the type like in berserkers post is considered "constructive" and should be welcomed, all the rest is just a plain whinge and should be disregarded

fly_zo Wrote:
Freddy Wrote:Ye
And the P-51D cockpit is not a beta mod, it s a finished mod ! :wink:

sorry but we do have rules here .... if i can respect them , i believe you can too :wink:

please submit it via proper channels.

until approved and uploaded to AAA server .... its beta

regards

Z

Fly_Zo, it's not Freddy's fault if his P51D cockpit was posted at the "wrong" section, I am the only one to blame .. as a new and young (not that young I am afraid as far as age is concerned) moderator here I went too fast, skipped one or two steps and didn't think for a sec that a finished mod had anything to do in the WIP section, so happy was I to be able to post such a nice X'Mas present ....

I was in such a hurry that to save time I also posted a link leading to Freddy's site page where he displayed a few pics of the pit, and this link was deleted in less time it takes a French athlete to be eliminated from the Olympics ...

At the time beeing I have idea of who did it since I didn't even get a PM to tell me about it.

As you may know most artists (not talking 'bout me of course !) don't like/respect rules, that's one of their main features, otherwise they would be regular folks wouldn't they ??

As far as I am concerned I am not preaching for myself here , I already have Freddy's 51B/C pit and most probably will get his future P47, but for those regular folks among the nearly 20000 members that people AAA , that will perhaps be deprived of them, simply because of a few "awkward" attitudes, and I believe this is a real shame.

Best regards

FZ

hmmm, so if you went to someones house and the rule was to not smoke inside said house, would you sit down light up?

Awesome mod, thanks a lot Freddy!

I like the "NO hand Hold" repaint thanks Freddy.

Absolutely beautiful work, thanks Freddy, I wish I had 1/10th of your artistic talent. Smile

Without wishing to offend I recently read in an aviation modelers forum that the floorboards of the P-51's were never finished in natural wood but were painted with a U.S military spec black paint, although some latter day restored examples have been installed with natural wood floorboards - as you may know aircraft modelers are often true sticklers for detail Big Grin

Quote:I recently read in an aviation modelers forum that the floorboards of the P-51's were never finished in natural wood but were painted with a U.S military spec black paint
Ok , thanks ... I will see that ....
And thanks for all the messages ...

Freddy dont want to release his repaints to all can someone else make repaints of P-51s and the floor would look better black and there are bugs how can it be finish it is beta.Why get mad that people tell wats wrong with this repaint you should like it so you can make it better.

Freddy, This cockpit is a treat for the eyes. Thanks a lot!

First things first...

Big S! and thank you Freddy for your work on P-51 cockpit. God knows I can't do repaints and I can't get enough of this cockpit repaint. Plus, flying mustangs often might have something to do with it. Smile

About constructive criticissm...

Why are some people so objective to it - I can't undestand. Since I'm an author of LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL, which took me 5 months to complete - I was more than happy when someone pointed me at my errors during that 5 months period. It is much easier to spot them when you release something. Thats why there are BETA-s anyway. It makes for better quality.

Comments like 'pat yourself on your back for pointing out small typos' are simply useless and waste of time IMHO, and lead nowhere.

And one last thing I can't but not to comment. I know it is your call Freddy and I respect it. But...

Whats the point in keeping other P-51 repaints for yourself or a small group of people? Unless they give you some advantage over others when using them, I don't see a reason (if I was a modder) not to release it to a wider public. I'm sorry but I can't see the logic in it.

Once again, thank you for this nice repaint.

It is because I share your opinion, THOR, (to be short, it is an artist's "duty" to share his work) that I did my best and eventually managed to convince Freddy to let me post his 51D cockpit, and had big hopes for the B/C version and his future P47.

Now that I have become a "regular folk" here (I am no more a moderator) and although I know most of the answers to your questions I will shut up from now on.

Best regards to you all

FZ

I've tested this new repaint of Freddie for the P51D and is exceptional work. Like the 109...

About this small side discussion... I tend to agree with Thor. Although is very nice to have... or experiment the feeling of making something very special and assist as the "present" is opened by the intended public, some things are meant to be buggy... they still make a great surprise but... it happens. Especially things from this area... they are meant to be "beta's" forever as it is still some experimenting stuff. There is no point in getting upset when someone points an error in "the present"... it is normal to be Big Grin . It happens. Sure some tend to trash a "free" present at the first sign of error in it... showing a childish attitude. Likewise, the author taking is work of art and "burning it" because of that bad and/or unfortunate attitude is wrong.

Were would be now most of artworks if their authors would have destroyed them cause of bad critics?

Imagine every piece of artwork having a barometer of "how much people like them" hidden inside and they are destroyed automatically when that barometer goes bellow a certain value set by author... would be sad isn't it?

So Fredie, your work is greatly appreciated, there is no question about your talent and we want your work on our computers and we care if they stop showing up cause of such trivial matters as... critics Big Grin , you shouldn't put it to your heart. Critics can be constructive even for nice presents.

And another thing, sometimes is a bad thing to be "correct" about some "rule", especially when the correctness of the rule will be taken personal because of the moment it is reinforced, rules are guides, is their spirit that counts not their letter.