[MOD] Air raid Sirens

Balto Wrote:as many people are lazy they choose 1st method and are desgusted that the rar is empty, they abandon the mod.

A key word that applies to many, I'm sure. Most likely why half the stuff in this forum section is overlooked. :wink:

I took Siren number 6 myself. Tongue

Cattermole, I took that sound from a recording of an air raid drill. Perhaps the Germans had a different set of signals?

Balto, I didn't even know you could download it by right clicking, but I think most people would try the other way after the right click method didn't work.

The germans had a different recording yes, but your recording of the british siren misses out the beginning, when the siren starts at a low pitch and rises to become much higher -- i the same way the german one does. Not that it really matters much, since i love the british one anyway!

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

Superb sounds there Tongue. It would be awesome if the game would have one sound for red sirens and one for the blue sirens. So we could atleast get german and british sound for example on Canons Channel Map. :roll:

#2 is a recording of the London air raid siren.

It kind of sounds like I cut into it, but I started the recording before it started, and only cut off the empty area. It really starts like that.

The only one which doesn't include the full beginning is the german hand cranked siren (#3), because the recording started after the siren had started.

I am trying to figure out how to create six new static objects, one for each siren, so that in addition to the default one, you can have any of the other sirens where realistic.

Oh fair enough then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schoolradio/histor ... ip20.shtml

you need real player to hear this one, but it has the london air raid siren sounding the all clear, and it has the start of it. However, it doesn't have the end of the tone when the siren is switched off. Do you think its possible to merge your one and the one linked above? Running your one on itunes and that one on real player at the same, ti sounds convincing, but i don't have the software to merge them, or the equipment to record the above linked file (it's a .ram file i think, so you can' download it as a wave or mp3.)

i can merge those two sounds

please please please do! Big Grin

ok gimme 20 min or so

awesome, thank you very much!

done

hello..the British Siren (Carter or Secomak)
both hand cranked I'd need to look out
the real sound of these I have on file maybe
of interest to the AAA community.
A steady turn of the handle for 'All Clear'
5 revolutions slow then 5 revolutions fast
repeated for 1 minute 'Air Attack' :wink:
Should have a Warning Point (roof mounted)
Siren as well,very much like the recording
provided.
All adds atmosphere to the sim.
Regards
David

Each of the sounds is incredible! Thank you very much for this!

Oh, and #6 for me. Big Grin

Can someone re-post these for download thanks

4./JG53_Badger Wrote:Can someone re-post these for download thanks

Link works fine, tested few seconds ago...