[MOD]Torpedo trails

Thanks for this mod. Just one thing...Can You upload it somewhere else, not only Rapidshare ?

dfrog, you just have to wait about 30 secs at the most to start download.

Hi!

This is a great mod , it add so many realism at the sim that for me this little file will be one of the biggest that I have!

Cheers!

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Confusedhock: Very nice and usefull correction! Just can't wait more for SM-79 torpedo-flavoured...... :twisted: :twisted:

Titus

Which one is real looking wakes or no wakes which one do you all use. :o

Well, i would guess that most are using the wake - you can at least see the torpedo going thru the water from the air - which is prob'ly more realistic - or use the no wake version, which basically makes the torpedo invisible.... 8)

F4U-1_Corsair Wrote:I am working on a third version that has a small wake that moves along behind, closer to the stream then out at a 45 degree angle. I hope to have this out later today.

Also, thanks for the vid. It doesn't corrispond with reports of what torpedos looked like elsewhere, but there is an explaination that makes sense.

During the pearl harbour raid the torpedos carried by the B5N's were modified to travel just below the surface, rather than at depth. At that shallow depth, the bubbles would be about the same as when they were realeased, thousands of little milimeter sized bubbles. Torpedos running at normal depth, like they did elsewhere in the war were deep enough that the bubbles would begin to join together, forming fewer, larger bubbles, giving a more noticable effect when they hit the surface.

lastly, the wakes were experianced by all torpedos when running very close to the surface. Electric torpedos were simply much slower, so they produced a much less noticable wake. I still think that the wakes used by the game are far to noticable though, even for torpedoes on the surface.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it is appreciated and welcomed.

Hi!

I hope and wait for the third mod but only for make the pedant the wake of a ship , torpedo or any other kind of object moving on the sea surface isn't at 45

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

bigbossmalone Wrote:Well, i would guess that most are using the wake - you can at least see the torpedo going thru the water from the air - which is prob'ly more realistic - or use the no wake version, which basically makes the torpedo invisible.... 8)

Work on the alternate wake continues, but is being delayed.

in the meantime, I wanted to show that the no wake torpedo is visible up to about 2000m
[Image: torpwake.jpg]

note that due to low image detail, it is far more visible in game than in this screenshot.

hsj43 Wrote:Which one is real looking wakes or no wakes which one do you all use. :o

really, they both are. Torpedos running near the surface produced a visible wake, whereas those running deep, often would leave a virtually invisible wake, if any at all.

Personally, I use the No wake mod though.

Is there an alternate download to Rapidsuck please? I'm certainly looking forward to this but Rapidshare keeps saying I already have a download running!

I too am unable to get rapidshare to let me download this and it does look good!

I would be grateful for it.

CV

Thanks for this screenshot

I see that I really dont need a wake

Yes and thx for this mod to maker!

Rapidshare sucks! Any chance of an alternate d/l link ?

Hope you dont mind corsair but i saw that a couple of people want it somewhere else besides rapidshare so i uploaded them to mediafire for you,

With Wake
http://www.mediafire.com/?2mtimnmzmm5

With-out Wake
http://www.mediafire.com/?myxuhiwznzm

If you want me to remove them just ask.

no prob

I was PMing it to them, but this works as well

Thanks for this, and not using Rapidshare(!). So cool.