[MOD]: reduced airfield influence radius

Thanks mate

Hi!

Download now , I'll try it soon!

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Sorry, but I have a big problem. With this mod, players can start mission from parking, but AI can't take off from a runway. It is impossible to use AI from a airbase.

It is possible to solve the problem ?

Thx.

Yep, I can confirm that it is not compatible with any existing takeoff waypoints.

If you try to start any normal Dgen or handmade mission with this, you will be at the end of the runway facing the wrong direction. The idea has promise though. I hope there is a version.2 that allows the aircraft to spawn exactly one runway length behind the actual takeoff icon. That would fix things beautifully. :wink:

Thanks for the helpful replies. This still seems a great idea if only there were a way to prevent it affecting other, 'default takeoff' missions. Anyway thanks a lot for getting this far. It's an excellent task. Good luck with it.

Its Dgen a key of positions at Take offs??

Yes and where can I get an old Dgen because I install new campaing with werad Dgen and planes are placed weard at takeoffs. Cant take off on carrier.

Grom29, no such DGen bug is known. I doubt any older version will help you here.

I assume the reason for your take off problem is something else, maybe a Mod you have installed.

It seems that I have found a solution for the AI aircraft takeoff problem:
you must place a flight at one end of the runway in the opposite way as usual (not at the end where the planes will be airborned but the one where the takeoff run starts), set the "takeoff" waypoint option (the icon snaps to the runway) and MOVE THE ICON IN THE CENTER OF THE RUNWAY. In such a way the aircraft are lined as usual and not spawned as if you place them somewhere in the airfield,exactly in the same way as if the mod wasn't installed. May be that doing so the flight falls within the reduced airfield radius and is correctly managed.
This solution works for me, using the stock Ardennes map and an airfield with a single runway. I'm going to try an other airfield with more than one.

Please, could someone confirm that this solution is working?

Flashim

I've forgotten to underline that after doing as I said in my previous post, the AI Flight planes are lined and starting in the normal takeoff position: the same runway end where the icon was snapped. The takeoff behaviour is as usual.

Thanks again to Gitano for this wonderful MOD.

Hi Gitano,
its a great update,only for AI will be need any fix.

mag

I'm studying the code to sort tihngs out... there are lot of unwanted secondary effects tha have to be fixed :wink:

Hi,

Try the tweak on the Channel and Slot maps. Work on the Slot, but it doesn't on the Channel Cry
anyone else have try ?

Flashsim Wrote:It seems that I have found a solution for the AI aircraft takeoff problem:
you must place a flight at one end of the runway in the opposite way as usual (not at the end where the planes will be airborned but the one where the takeoff run starts), set the "takeoff" waypoint option (the icon snaps to the runway) and MOVE THE ICON IN THE CENTER OF THE RUNWAY. In such a way the aircraft are lined as usual and not spawned as if you place them somewhere in the airfield,exactly in the same way as if the mod wasn't installed. May be that doing so the flight falls within the reduced airfield radius and is correctly managed.
This solution works for me, using the stock Ardennes map and an airfield with a single runway. I'm going to try an other airfield with more than one.

Please, could someone confirm that this solution is working?

Flashim

I think I may have worked it out using this idea and expanding on it:

The key is finding the centre of the runway you want to use. you then have, as near as I can tell, that 50m circle around this.

For instance:

Using Eindhoven on the Ardennes map, I placed several flights of four aircraft.

I set a 'Normfly' waypoint close to the north end of the two runways. I then designated 'Take off' and the icon snapped to the north end of the westernmost runway. If I leave it here the plane will start from this point and go in whichever direction I place the next waypoint.

We don't want that.

So, taking the 'Take off' waypoint and placing it within the 50m circle of the centre of the runway, and making sure it is one side or the other of absolute centre, the planes now snap to the end of the runway the icon is farthest from. This is similar to what we normally have when the icon is at the north end of the runway and the planes are at the south end.

A nifty wrinkle here is that, under normal circumstances, you can't use both runways to take off in the same direction - the planes snap to the westernmost runway. Now, because the eastern runway is more than 50m from the western one, the planes will take off from the eastern runway.

In all cases, AI or human, the planes will line up as we've been accustomed to for all these years.

A tip: When you're placing the icons, take a piece of paper and mark the ends of the runway on the edge. Fold the paper lining the marks up and presto!, you have the centre.

Hope this helps.

Great days all.

Sorry Gitano,
could you summarize what kind of unwanted effects you detected, please? In the missions I've created everything seems to be normal. Thank you.

For TRAERE: The mod works properly for me also in the Canon's Channel Map Beta.