GW Winter mapspack v1.0 Download

Something occured what I don't understand:
I made your maps my new default maps by changing the lines in the all.ini as instructed in your Readme file and it works perfectly well in FMB. But my existing missions still show up on the old stockmaps when I open it in Single Mission/None. And when I try to open them in FMB nothing happens, my screen stays blue and says Standby.
I must have overlooked something so that my new default maps don't show up in Single Missions and in QMB. (I didn't check Pilot Career till so far.)
This didn't happen with the Default Map Upgrade Pack v2.7 which I installed a week ago. New maps everywhere, even on my old missions.
What did I do wrong???

Before installing this I was able to fly in the QMB and since have been unable to fly a QMB mission . It loads then the screen flashes white then black and says mission Over. Unable to fly campaigns and user missions just no QMB missions. Any help? An uninstaller? anything?

Quote:It loads then the screen flashes white then black and says mission Over. Unable to fly campaigns and user missions just no QMB missions. Any help? An uninstaller? anything?

I didn't tested my winter maps as replacement for default ones in QMB.
It 's the reason why they are not intented to replace the default ones.

If you encounter problems, please rename my xxxload.ini to their first name: GW_xxxload.ini and it should work ...

EDIT : I've got nothing modded in the QMB on my computer, so the only possible replacement is Moskow map. I just tried it (renaming GW_load.ini to load.ini)... and no problem : the mission can be loaded and played normally !

Quote:I made your maps my new default maps by changing the lines in the all.ini as instructed in your Readme file and it works perfectly well in FMB. But my existing missions still show up on the old stockmaps when I open it in Single Mission/None. And when I try to open them in FMB nothing happens, my screen stays blue and says Standby.

Hmmm, maybe my readme wasn't clear enough :

You don't have any change to do in the all.ini file.
The change has to be done in the map folder under mapmods/maps/..

Example : Stalingrad winter map:
In the /stgrad folder you have to rename GW_load.ini to load.ini
If you already have here a load.ini file (another modded map as default) rename it load-save.ini (just an example).

That's it : my map is your new default.
To revert default to previous state, just rename the load.ini to GW_load.ini

Lol, I interpreted as changing some lines in the all.ini instead of renaming the appropiate folders. :oops:
So I followed your steps and everything is okay now: new default maps in FMB, my good old missions on the new maps and it works as well on my added maps in QMB. Big Grin
Thanx!

It looks like Lejo has a lot of spare time! LOL! Great pic!

Got it figured out. After playing the game since last February on a Vista Machine it finally decided it wanted to be run in compatibility mode. Go figure

@Fish : That's funny, yours sounds like the same problem I'm having when trying to use any of the winter textures on other maps, and I run on XP 32.... I wanted to winterise a number of maps for my own use but everytime I did either the mission loads to 100% and then the game freezes, or the FMB freezes within seconds of displaing textures in zoom mode, when the game doesn't simply close itself and throw me back to desktop.
I've tried using MBug's LoRes and Hires textures, 24bit and 8bit versions, as well as all of GilB's custom tiles, and still get the same problem... Pretty annoying Sad .

@Lejo : If you're familiar with changing textures for a given map, do yourself a huge favour and rename GW_Map_T to Map_T in the 'Normandy' folder and edit the load.ini to match. Best defaul map improvement since, well, GilB's Winter Norway Big Grin

Cheers

Nico

No, I am not familiar with it but I can give it a try of course...But before I do anything I have a few noob questions.
If I rename GW_map_T to Map_T and in load.ini Type Map = GW_map_T.tga to Map_T.tga won't it still be the same thing that will show up in game? Or do I have to edit something else in load.ini?
And what is this map_tga? Just a map as it says or does it do something else? When I open this file it is a black grey map of Normandy.

Oh and the compatibility mode idea didnt pan out either looks like a reinstall of 1946 as it seems that my normal install is having the same problems. Eh that happens sometimes.

I'm still enjoying your retextured maps but I noticed a difference in Summer and Winter Balaton close to the city of Keszthel. How come I do have these mountains in Summer map and just a little elevation in Winter map?

[Image: Balaton-Keszthel.jpg]

The difference in mountain heights suggest another Map_H file ....

I didn't do any modification in mine so it's default one. Maybe you use a modified version for summer map (VP's pack ?)

Gil - I don't think I've said thank you for these wonderful textures yet. They all look great, but I particularly like Norway and Ardennes. I love winter maps anyway, so these are wonderful to have.

Joe

Lejo Wrote:I'm still enjoying your retextured maps but I noticed a difference in Summer and Winter Balaton close to the city of Keszthel. How come I do have these mountains in Summer map and just a little elevation in Winter map?

VP-Media re-did the map_h for Balaton. I understand he knows that part of Hungary fairly well. So the summer map is more accurate.

mandrill7 Wrote:VP-Media re-did the map_h for Balaton. I understand he knows that part of Hungary fairly well. So the summer map is more accurate.

That explains everyhing. Well, I changed the line in load_w.ini and now I have the mountains on my wintermap too. :lol:

[Image: BalatonWinter-1.jpg]