GW Winter mapspack v1.0 Download

:wink: Well done !

Lejo Wrote:No, I am not familiar with it but I can give it a try of course...But before I do anything I have a few noob questions.
If I rename GW_map_T to Map_T and in load.ini Type Map = GW_map_T.tga to Map_T.tga won't it still be the same thing that will show up in game? Or do I have to edit something else in load.ini?
And what is this map_tga? Just a map as it says or does it do something else? When I open this file it is a black grey map of Normandy.

Map_T.tga is the file that controls where each texture in your load.ini (lowland, Midland, Mount etc...) are displayed. Each shade of grey you see in the picture represents a texture. The default Map_T for Normandy was a fairly repetitive one, but Gilb's new one mixes textures together, creating a much nicer and much more realistic landscape. Just rename GW_Map_T to Map_T and drop it in the default Normandy folder.
By editing the load.ini I meant assigning new textures to each slot to make the best of the new blend of textures. The default load.ini will not allow you to make the best of the new Map_T.

Cheers

Nico

Ah, now we are talking! Big Grin I misinterpreted your explanation of renaming the map GW_map_T.
I followed your instructions and now I have more diversity like rocky grounds, woods and shrubs on my default Normandy map. Looks much better but I still prefer to use Gilb's winter version or Lal_Rone's Normandy 44 map with all the castles, mansions and mine areas.
Thank you.

[edit: as an experiment I added my new map_T to LaL-Rones folder and changed the load.ini and it works basically but I wouldn't recommend it because the textures don't match very well for airfields, mines, industrial area, etc.]

would be great to see this mod included in an upcoming version of Unified Installer Smile

I'm sure you guys remember me - old and not very smart. I'm here again to seek help from those much more intelligent.

I am very interested in these maps and using them in my game. I have read the readme, but I just don't understand what you need to do to install them. Usually, if one of these downloads has a MODS folder in it, then I just copy it into my Mods folder and it seems to work (at least I think it does). Is this more complicated than that? I kinda suspect it is. But I guess I have one more question - I have never learned how to do the FMB thing, I just play campaigns/missions and QMB missions, never online. If I'm able to install this, are these maps playable not with FMB?

Thank you for any help, and once again I have to apologize for my ignorance. Sad

Quote:are these maps playable not with FMB

Sure : you juste need missions made with them :wink: ... because, they DON'T REPLACE default maps, but adds new ones (even if it IS possible).

@Bob Holmes,

Here you have all the necesarry info of how to use FMB with good explanation and tutorials:

http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/index.php

About installing these maps:
Don't copypaste the downloaded MODS folder in your existing MODS folder. When adding mods manually you need to open the downloaded MODS folder and their subfolders and compare them with what you already have in your root install\MODS\Mapmods\etc.... The structure is the same. Put the missing elements in the respective folder.

Don't forget the add the extra lines in your all.ini! :wink:

There is a way to replace default maps in QMB, FMB or Missions and use Gilb57's version. I don't know exactly how I did it a long time ago but is has to do with renaming the load.ini's in your Mapmods\Maps\... folder.

Lejo, thank you for your response. I am gonna give it a try. Worse thing I can do is screw something up, but I have done that before. One thing being 67 yrs old does for you is make you pretty hard headed and not liking to admit defeat. I'll take a look in those folders to see what I can figure out. I do have one more question though, if you will permit. I noticed this morning that the download is an .exe file. Does that mean that double clicking it will install it the way it is supposed to be? If so, maybe I can save myself some worry.

Thanks again.

Bob Holmes Wrote:Lejo, thank you for your response. I am gonna give it a try. Worse thing I can do is screw something up, but I have done that before. One thing being 67 yrs old does for you is make you pretty hard headed and not liking to admit defeat. I'll take a look in those folders to see what I can figure out. I do have one more question though, if you will permit. I noticed this morning that the download is an .exe file. Does that mean that double clicking it will install it the way it is supposed to be? If so, maybe I can save myself some worry.

Thanks again.

I can't remember if it was an exe. or not but if so just give it a try. 'Cause there are guidelines for modders how to organize the folders to a certain structure. So everything should end up in the right place on your rig.
On the other hand if you back up your MODS folder somewhere else then nothing can go wrong, you can always switch back to that one.
Back up, back up, back up; it can't be said enough. :wink:

If everything works fine just send me a PM then I can help you out with replacing the default QMB/FMB maps with Gilb57's version. It is not difficult, 67 years of age or not. :lol:

Happy flying! Big Grin

Gilles, for when your winter Norway v2? Smile Wink

The other day I played an amazing Philk's Mosquito campaign using partly your great summer retextured map with Mixx textures and for the deep winter ones your winter Norway. But I took the liberty to update a bit your map with a Mixx texture for south face of fjords (left side) and a new high definition texture I made for north face of the fjords (right side), what do you think?

Cheers!

[Image: clipdd.jpg]

When i fly the Bf109f4Z and Bf109e4Z i get motordamage after a couple of minutes, no GM1 on . What is wrong? I have Hsfx 4.11 and Messerschmitt Bf-109 Ultimate Pack v2.2 Sad

New download link added in first post.

Deutschmark

Thx Deutschmark :wink:

@Whitecat : interesting !

GilB57 Wrote:Thx Deutschmark :wink:

@Whitecat : interesting !

Cheers pal, can pass you the texture if you want. Lately more focused on Pacific green jungles Smile

[quote="WhiteCat"]Gilles, for when your winter Norway v2? Smile Wink

The other day I played an amazing Philk's Mosquito campaign using partly your great summer retextured map with Mixx textures and for the deep winter ones your winter Norway. But I took the liberty to update a bit your map with a Mixx texture for south face of fjords (left side) and a new high definition texture I made for north face of the fjords (right side), what do you think?

WhiteCat ;
One of the best Il-2 screens I've ever seen... Looks like FSX addon screen. Confusedhock:
Any chances of uploading this version of winter map ?

I would really like to add it to my UP 2.01...