New smoke Fx! (updated v.3)

Ive downloaded and installed this mode an it looks great.
Only thing might be the smoke when the engine is damaged.
Brown smoke?? the coulors ive seen comming from a hot engine when oil leaks on to it is not brown but white grey and black. so the colour used is wrong ..
But maybe the brown smoke (mist) is comming from a breach or hole in the sump of the engine and mixed with coolant ??Smile

VF101hawk Wrote:Ive downloaded and installed this mode an it looks great.
Only thing might be the smoke when the engine is damaged.
Brown smoke?? the coulors ive seen comming from a hot engine when oil leaks on to it is not brown but white grey and black. so the colour used is wrong ..
But maybe the brown smoke (mist) is comming from a breach or hole in the sump of the engine and mixed with coolant ??Smile

Hope you can test a little bit more the mod m8, as it has not only Brown smoke but Black and Grey (and white 3D for fuel/coolant leak) reproducing damage too.. and I can assure you that burning oil IS brown too

I think it looks pretty convincing when you have brown AND grey smoke mixing on a pretty badly damaged plane :

[Image: il2fb2009-02-1016-52-36-60.jpg]

[Image: il2fb2009-02-0520-46-22-56.jpg]

So, does that smoke look nice or whaaaat ? Big Grin

Cheers

Nico

Looks very nice! Am I right in thinking that there are no cotton balls in this mod? Tongue

hmmm been using it for a while now(play alot online) and so fare ive only seen brown smoke on my plane and others when the engine has been hit/damaged.
Maybe something wrong with my install?

Metatron : Very little to no cottonballs. All smooth seamless 3D smoke Big Grin

VF101hawk : Cuz you're a poor shot ? Wink J/K Big Grin Grey smoke appears when the engine is set ablaze. When you used to only have one colour for both heavy damage and fire, this MOD uses two: brown for heavy damage and grey for fire smoke. Try spreading some .50 cals on a Zero and you should get that grey smoke.

Cheers

Nico

You didnt answer my question!

Do you have 100% yet engine?????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????'
??????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????

Thanks

100% yet smoke????

Easy there Grom. You're question is not going to be answered faster just because you used two dozen question marks.

Unfortunately the answer is no, no jet smoke at 100% yet.

Cheers

Nico

One of the best smoke mods Ive used so far, Awesome work.

The lack of the smoke at 100% jet engine power is a shame, But im not too fussy over it Smile

Hi!

Very smoking mods!!!

I love it!!!!

Thanx!!!

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Suggestion : change this line into BlakMediumSPD.eff :

[ClassInfo]
ClassName TParticlesSystemParams
[General]
MatName ../TEXTURES/DamageSmoke.mat
Color0 0.22 0.15 0.08 1.0 [color=red]

Always when the engine is hit then i get brownreddish smoke.
When the wing is on fire then fire out i get black and grey smoke.
But i havent seen it from the engine yet.
and Porko.. this is the same i see on other planes when shoot by others and not by me at all as i cant shoot!Smile

and im using 8800 gt card. with all on max . and nearly all on max in config.ini allso
Selldom under 60 fps...

but h... yes it looks good!Smile

VF101hawk Wrote:Always when the engine is hit then i get brownreddish smoke.
When the wing is on fire then fire out i get black and grey smoke.
But i havent seen it from the engine yet.
and Porko.. this is the same i see on other planes when shoot by others and not by me at all as i cant shoot!Smile

and im using 8800 gt card. with all on max . and nearly all on max in config.ini allso
Selldom under 60 fps...

but h... yes it looks good!Smile

Hawk did you have added a letter "F" before the name of the folder file : "F_Goblin_Fx..." ?

@PorcoRosso: I like very much your screenshot!Wink.nice work (and thank again to your tecnical help and answer to other here as I have no much time now about, thank you

:? Goblin.. I've got only one problem..the colour of my fuel leak is light pink...why? where can I change these parametres?? Help..