New smoke Fx! (updated v.3)

Hi!

To install this mod simply unzip it into IL2/MODS folder!

If you have other effects mods installed that involve this kind of effects remember to rename them by adding a - before to disable and thest this if you like it!

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

303 Wrote:HI!

Is possible to make the tail of the smoke to more disperse? I think they are actually too dense. And smokes coud be little longer then actually expecially brown.
I still try to find the best realistic smoke%fire mod and i still cant choose. Some things are good in one some in other.

yes it is possible to have disperse at some point of the smoke but effect will be weird (bad looking) because you will see another part of the smoke (the original one) at the futher bottom of the smoke stripe in its origiunal narrow-end dimension and colour and I have not still found how to delete it Sad.. may be Holygrail, Fly!, 2ch or Failure can help all of us about this if they want: remember I have only collected/assembled parts of their superb works about

Thanks Walter!
For the reply & the how to!
I got it to work! although it did crash the game the first time I ran the game with the smoke mod,
something to do with openGL driver, didn't do anything but start il2 over!.and it runs just fine!
I like the new smoke effects, Uhhhm! Can the smoke trail be made a bit longer! it seems a bit to short now! looks great! but to short! Tongue

THANKs AGAIN!

Goblin Wrote:Sorry m8's now links for d/l should work well, gimme feedback if not
still not work, neither mediafire or 4shared. Could you kindly send me by email? thanks
mclan73@gmail.com

darrme Wrote:Can the smoke trail be made a bit longer! it seems a bit to short now! looks great! but to short!

I'll second this request.

Don't know what's the problem with D/L resources m8's as it work fine for me here from Italy + firefox browser but I'll send now by PM righ now

Goblin Wrote:Don't know what's the problem with D/L resources m8's as it work fine for me here from Italy + firefox browser but I'll send now by PM righ now
Got it by mail, and many thanks!

It's a pleasure McWolf, got the occasion to thank you about your great work about New Mat Symbols I'm using too

I like this MOD,but I think the smoke tail is too short.
I find some MOD like the bullet shell MOD have a "livetime" item,adjust the number of it will prolong the effect.
So where can I adjust the smoke effect to make it longer??
Thank you!!

I would be interested in an in depth article on smoke mods. I would also like to know which parameters to adjust to make trails longer or make them fade a different rates.

good work by the way

Geoff

Did a bit of testing and noticed that the BlackMediumTSPD.eff is the reason you don't get flames/smoke past 95% power with jet engines.

In your MODS/Fx_Goblin_fire_3/3do/Effects/Aircraft/BlackmediumTSPD.eff change

[ClassInfo]
ClassName TParticlesSystemParams
[General]
MatName ../TEXTURES/DamageSmoke.mat

to:

[ClassInfo]
ClassName TSmokeTrailParams
[General]
MatName ../TEXTURES/TrailTile1.mat

and there you go! If the color of the trail is bothering, you can change it by altering the Color0 (and Color1 ? Don't know the difference) values to for example: 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 (R, G, B, Alpha)

My BlackMediumTSPD.eff looks like this:

[ClassInfo]
ClassName TSmokeTrailParams
[General]
MatName ../TEXTURES/TrailTile1.mat
Color0 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2
Color1 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.5
nParticles 256
FinishTime -1.0
// MaxR 0
// PhiN 0.0
// PsiN 0.0
LiveTime 12
TranspTransitionTime 4.0f
// EmitVelocity 0.0 0.0
// EmitFrq 7.0
// EmitFrq 2.0

SegmentLen 30 //75
MaxObjectVelocity 150

Wind 0.1
Size 0.0 8.5
GasResist 0.065
VertAccel 0.0
Rnd 0.25
// EmitTheta 0.0 0.0

The 'LiveTime [value]' determines the length of the trail (in this particular file) and as people have reaguested for longer smoketrails, it is possible to make the smokes longer by increasing this value in the different .eff files.

Hope this was helpful Smile
Cheers
JaSa

Uhmm? What do I need to open the (.eff) file's.
I get an error message when I try to open them!

(I want to make the smoke trail longer!
but can't open the file location, to change the setting).

Thanks for the know how. just can't follow through!

darrme Wrote:Uhmm? What do I need to open the (.eff) file's.

The .eff files can be opened with any texteditor program. Just right click on one of the .eff files and select "Open with..." and choose the Notepad for example. Smile

FinJasa Wrote:
darrme Wrote:Uhmm? What do I need to open the (.eff) file's.

The .eff files can be opened with any texteditor program. Just right click on one of the .eff files and select "Open with..." and choose the Notepad for example. Smile

THANKS!
That did it!
Been busy! so it took me awhile to try it!

Do you know if this mod is FPS friendly?
Do you have a video?

Just for fun Smile