Thread Closed

[UPDATE] New Bf-109F's as standalone (MANUAL INSTALL)

Hey Guys,

I love these aircraft. I have a small nitpicky question. My Bf109F2B, and Bf109F4B centreline racks appear to be just a little off centre.

Is this
a) correct
b) my install only
c) a detail yet to be corrected?

Thanks

Kopfdorfer

Hey Guys,

I love these aircraft. I have a small nitpicky question. My Bf109F2B, and Bf109F4B centreline racks appear to be just a little off centre.

Is this
a) correct
b) my install only
c) a detail yet to be corrected?

Thanks

Kopfdorfer

Nope that's correct. It's like that on all Gustavs. The racks were put off-center to counteract the torque effect. If they were dead center, sudden changes in power at low level would result in aircraft flipping

For me this mod doesn't work at all, it crashes always at 20%.

ME109Ace Wrote:For me this mod doesn't work at all, it crashes always at 20%.

Yup, me too. I think I'm going to try the new buttons file with AC installer 3.8

Can someone post a working link to this plane, Thanks

Hi everybody,

With my limited skills at Java editing I was able to rectify the armament error on the Bf109F-4/B Trop, the MG151/15 has been corrected to a MG151/20!

You can download the fix here:

Message from P/O W. 'Moggy' Cattermole: For the time bieng, the link has been removed until it has the go-ahead of the admins. My appologies for this measure, but we need to be sure that this won't break any rules or anything on changing existing weapon modles etc. Only my lack of knowledge on the subject has led me to do this.

Just unzip and copy&paste the Java file to the folder where your Tropical 109s lie. Make sure you overwrite the old file!

I'm afraid that for the time being, I must lock this thread.

I must also pull your link, Karaya. Rest assured, the thread will be unlocked when we've sorted out the problem, but i'm not entirely sure if this weapons modification of yours is legitimate, as it could endanger online compatibility -- this is simply own lack of knowledge leading to my indecision. Please understand that because I'm not sure, I will take this to higher authorities to double check that the weapon update is ok, and then if so, I shall replace Karaya's weapons update immediately. However, until the decision is reached, the thread will be locked pending a decision on karaya's mod from the AAA Admins.

My appologies for this action.

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

Karaya

Let me see if I get this straight.

By editing this class to new guns you have effectively changed the weapon of the Bf109F-4/B Trop mod from a MG151/15 to a MG151/20!

Well congratulations, you have broken rule #1 on a weapons load out different from the standard default mod. Now only a few people will have the 151/20. Way to go!

More importantly, you have thwarted the work we have done on 1.2 Alpha in that now I need to compare what you did to what we did and that sir will not only take time but testing. On another note since we have off liners and on liners as well as online campaigns and this "fix" really throws a monkey wrench.

I was hoping to get 1.2 out by the end of this month but it looks like we will have to figure out something so this doozy does not clash. This means more testing and retesting of the new behavior and its effect on CRT2.

Maybe it's time to hard code crt2 and hide it, what do you think?

This thread gets locked and Karaya the rules apply to me as well as everyone else.

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO MAKE A WEAPONS MOD THAT AFFECTS THE WHOLE GAME.

THE EXCEPTION IS UNLESS IT'S A MOD PLANE AND IS RELEASED TO THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY
WHOSE MODIFICATION APPLIES TO THE SPECIFIC MOD AND NOT THE WHOLE GAME.
Thread Closed