Thread Closed

[UPDATE] New Bf-109F's as standalone (MANUAL INSTALL)

Gran Bel lvoro Gitano Grazie :wink:

Double_Ugly Wrote:Quick one re: skins for the Trop version ... I assume current skins for the F2 and F4 will work fine with the Trop versions - correct?

Yep

Thnx Canon Mate! I took the libertyof using some of your JG27 skins and man that trop filter just makes it!

I have done a lot af manual isnstall for Il2

but this time a really want a automatic installer.......for the spirit of the 109 Tongue

Hello Gitano,

I use your version with Freddy's latest cockpit version, however here is what I have afterwards while flying the F-4B Trop:

[Image: 1102200912-27-16.jpg]

The landing gear bug is solved, the armor glass is there, but there is a problem with the gunsight.

Any clue to fix this?

Also I noticed that with AAA's older version of Freddy's cockpits, the F4 new types are no longer flyable if one enables the relevant option. They are OK only if we use default cockpit with proper option, or if we use Freddy's cockpit later version, but with bug as shown above on my version.

What Freddy's cockpit version do you use?

In fact the best would be for the 3 109F4s (B, B Trop and Trop), to have their own appropriate F4 folder with cockpit texture files...

Thanks for your attention,

Vincent

Hi vtrelut,

I had not so much time to resolve this bug in these days. Please try this:

1) Disable my version of Freddy's pit

2) Go to the MODS/Cockpits_Bf109/3do/Cocpit/Bf-109F-2/ folder (whaterver version you have), find the file named hier and make a copy of it;

3) rename the copy as f4pit save and open the game. Go to the QMB and select one of the new F4's. If all went good, you should now be able to use them (still no armor glass visible).

4) For armor glass, open the f4pit file, find the section [Z_ArmorGlass1] and delete the word Hidden:

[Z_ArmorGlass1]
Mesh Z_ArmorGlass1
Parent _ROOT_
Hidden ------ delete this line
Attaching...

5) save and open again the gaime in QMB to test if it worked...

Hope it helps

Cheers

Thank you Gitano!

In fact I found another solution by chance, without editing any file: put your f4pit.him file into Freddy's 109F2 folder's latest version, then put all files of Freddy's old version 109F2 pit into the same folder as the one with f4pit.him, overwriting new files with old ones. And... it works although this is strange.

If I just use old version 109F2 pit it does not work; if I use only new version I have the bug above; if I use old version on top of new one, then it is OK. Maybe you used intermediate version for your f4pit.him, anyway now this is OK, thanks again!

EDIT: in fact your suggested solution is the best: it allows to use any version of Freddy's cockpits.

Can't get more than 7mb downloaded, something wrong with media link, filefront is a no-go as well???

Didnt work either really. Gear comes down but gunsite is in corner window.

II./JG27_Rich Wrote:Didnt work either really. Gear comes down but gunsite is in corner window.

Please, delete all older versions and then retry the install...

@ Kristorf: I'm looking for a suitable host, stay tuned! :wink:

XZShare link added

Check first page!

Have downloaded and installed new F-2/4 Trops and put all files in correct folders as instructed, but now game crashes at 60% loading.
What have I done wrong?

You need proper "buttons" file. Check if you have latest Aircraft installer.

To my knowledge these do not require a new buttons file. The problem may be related to a missing java class file. I advise to re-install all the planes, following the instructions very strictly. Also don't forget to use the right cockpit option (f4pit.him file).

_1SMV_Gitano Wrote:Hi vtrelut,

I had not so much time to resolve this bug in these days. Please try this:

1) Disable my version of Freddy's pit

2) Go to the MODS/Cockpits_Bf109/3do/Cocpit/Bf-109F-2/ folder (whaterver version you have), find the file named hier and make a copy of it;

3) rename the copy as f4pit save and open the game. Go to the QMB and select one of the new F4's. If all went good, you should now be able to use them (still no armor glass visible).

4) For armor glass, open the f4pit file, find the section [Z_ArmorGlass1] and delete the word Hidden:

[Z_ArmorGlass1]
Mesh Z_ArmorGlass1
Parent _ROOT_
Hidden ------ delete this line
Attaching...

5) save and open again the gaime in QMB to test if it worked...

Hope it helps

Cheers

Hi _1SMV_Gitano Big Grin

These steps solved my problem with unflyable F-4 versions with new Cockpits_BF_109F_Freddy folder and its content (I downloaded new pack today). Problematic file was really f4pit.him placed in MODS\Cockpits_BF_109F_Freddy\3do\Cockpit\Bf-109F-2 folder.

Thanx for fix.

Regards

Kukulo Smile
Thread Closed