[BETA] Lockheed F-80A Shooting Star

I like the canopy on the real F-80... It just looks fast...

So, I take it that this is the P-80A-5LO project that was being worked on before with the added HP and smoother riding engine from what I have read here. Will it actually be called that in the final version with the new FM and everything or are we starting to transition to the "F" designation for the Shooting Star? Also, how is the P-80B project with the rato and methanol boost coming? I saw that you had been working on that...

Did you manage to work in the M3's? 1200RPM x 6 would be a lot of fun! Wink

Was able to add the air ini info and the plane properties info however when i try to add to the weapons ru properties it will not let me please help me to add this info thanks.

bcds Wrote:Was able to add the air ini info and the plane properties info however when i try to add to the weapons ru properties it will not let me please help me to add this info thanks.

What was the message you got when you tried? Possibly was it set to "Read Only?"

To find out for sure, right-click the weapons ru file and look at Properties.

If it is set to "Read Only," set the checkbox for Read and Write

and that should solve your not being able to save it.

Let me know

Triad

Thanks Triad that did the trick really appreciate it. Have a great day and enjoy flying.

bcds Wrote:Thanks Triad that did the trick really appreciate it. Have a great day and enjoy flying.

8)

Thankyou very much, nice plane.

I downloaded the F-80A and installed it per instructions, adding the modification lines to the air.ini, Plane_ru.properties and weapons_ru.properties files. Now, I can't get IL-2 1946, v4.09, to run at all. Even after removing the F-80A files from the MODS directory and taking out the modification lines from the three files, the game goes to 60% loaded and then bounces back to desktop. Does anyone have some suggestions to get the game running again?

Riptide

It seems that others have had the problem I am having after attempting to add a new plane mod. I've a few things I've read about, but nothing has worked. So, it's good to have an un-modded, working copy of 4.09 to provide the option to start over.

Cheers,

Riptide

Will it ever have it's dive brakes :?:

I don't know much about the YP-80 or this F-80.
What are the differences?
What's new for this MOD?

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

CzechTexan Wrote:I don't know much about the YP-80 or this F-80.
What are the differences?
What's new for this MOD?

Has rockets and bombs.

Big Grin Love this MOD.. I learned to select the preferred skin on the desktop( named same default) before installing skins in a folder, and installing aircraft mod. I dropped my graphic display back to 16 bit ffrom 32 bit. Shazaam..all the skins look great. I can get this baby up to 640kph in no time with two 500lb bombs. I can now chase and stay with AI MiG 9s. The stock YP80 is not as fast. I'm thinking it also helped to have the new 1.0 Installer and the 1.4 SAS button mods. I have installed several aircraft without using a aircraft installer with no hiccups. Again this is a fantastic mod..needs airbrake.....I see red in tight turns and dives. Thank you and AAA Arcade. Note..The F9F Panther is not as fast...can' :evil: t catch the Migs in a steep climb. I running a ATI 500mb card, with 3gigs of memory, AMD Phenom processor, not as good as my old P-4 for gaming.