[Map] HRt_canarias7

we, at HR, are happy to offer you our canarias7 (Canary Islands 7 main islands) MOD MAP, it works with the 4.09 version

it can be obtained here:

[UPDATED 07-AUG-09]

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1520386/HRt_ ... -09%29.exe

CHANGES

Airfield modifications at los Rodeos, la Gomera, la Palma and los Cangrejos, to avoid AI crashlanding when approaching following certain directions, which are now avoided. This shortens some how the available runway length at takeoff, which shouldn't be a major problem according to testing.
Minor texture changes.
Now there are two different versions, which will divert each other along future editions, the original one and a SCW new one.

HOW TO INSTALL

file structure is as follows:

il2_1946\MODS\MapMods\Maps\HRt_canarias7\

To install:

MODS must be already installed

uncompress - selfmade - downloaded file where you prefer

copy contenet of "HRt_canarias7..." including all files within it (safer to erase previous version in case there should be any) within il2_1946, and add two additional lines within file all.ini (in Maps folder), lines to be added are at file "agregar_a_all.ini" (agregar = add). NOW THERE ARE TWO LINES INSTEAD OF ONE. These lines will substitute any that might already exist.

[Image: canarias7.jpg]

We hope you enjoy it, please feel free to feed back.

VIVA!!!
Muchas Gracias.

thank you very much :wink:

Nice map and a nicely different type of island map too with lovely mountainous terrain. Always love mountains to fly around in.

I know that members are going to laugh and make remarks about snow and the normal geography of the islands, but I have a thing for winter maps. So I tried this one out by using the textures from the GW_Norway map and the results are very good, especially if the flying takes place at dawn or dusk with low hanging clouds.

I simply point this out, because in this case, by using the winter textures, you get rid of the mountain tops that have cultivated fields textures. I've seen this on a number of maps and haven't been able to change the cultivated fields on high mountain tops into something more realistic. And the GW_Norway textures are only moderate winter textures anyway.

Went on holiday there well Fuventura and see some fantastic German pillboxes on the island gonna download now thank you ftarquisa Big Grin cant wait it will be like going on holiday again

Sorry the link is either very busy or broken....

GJE52

Downloaded and took off well i must say nice peice of work ftarquisa
Thank you but i flew over and didnt see the new hypermarket that sells cigarettes at half the British price :lol:
Nice job ftarquisa well done and thank you very much Big Grin

Awesome ftarquisa, DLing now, will be back to shower you with praise soon I'm sure, thank you...

Buen trabajo

thank you guys for your warm remarks. As promissed, here there are some pics

[Image: 63165339.jpg]

an i-16 "mosca" taking off from los rodeos airport

[Image: 76299778.jpg]

view of tenerife NW corner

[Image: 83676801.jpg]

view of los rodeos airport from air

[Image: 45687138.jpg]

a nice pi of teide, spain's highest mountain (3800+ m), from N shore

It strikes me that this map would be a good one to use for various types of alternative history scenarios, in which some of those colorful, odd and unusual, but otherwise little used skins can be used after all.

For instance - a Portuguese invasion of the islands, either from the north or the south (Cape Verde Islands) starting with for instance one island already in Portuguese possession to be used as airfield base.

Or else one could surmise escalating tensions between Franquist Spain and Vichy France resulting in a French attempt at invasion. A great opportunity to use Vichy skins.

Or a British-US invasion of the islands for use as an anti-U-Boat staging base or whatever reason.

This map has a very nice potential for use as something different.

Great work.

Gracias por compartir tan expectacular trabajo.

Una idea algo descabellada...

agracier Wrote:Nice map and a nicely different type of island map too with lovely mountainous terrain. Always love mountains to fly around in.

I know that members are going to laugh and make remarks about snow and the normal geography of the islands, but I have a thing for winter maps. So I tried this one out by using the textures from the GW_Norway map and the results are very good, especially if the flying takes place at dawn or dusk with low hanging clouds.

I simply point this out, because in this case, by using the winter textures, you get rid of the mountain tops that have cultivated fields textures. I've seen this on a number of maps and haven't been able to change the cultivated fields on high mountain tops into something more realistic. And the GW_Norway textures are only moderate winter textures anyway.

thank you for the suggestion, I'll experiment on textures for future versions
lol

agracier Wrote:It strikes me that this map would be a good one to use for various types of alternative history scenarios, in which some of those colorful, odd and unusual, but otherwise little used skins can be used after all.

For instance - a Portuguese invasion of the islands, either from the north or the south (Cape Verde Islands) starting with for instance one island already in Portuguese possession to be used as airfield base.

Or else one could surmise escalating tensions between Franquist Spain and Vichy France resulting in a French attempt at invasion. A great opportunity to use Vichy skins.

Or a British-US invasion of the islands for use as an anti-U-Boat staging base or whatever reason.

This map has a very nice potential for use as something different.

Great work.

indeed, it is open to imagination

[quote="P-38L"]Gracias por compartir tan expectacular trabajo.

Una idea algo descabellada...