[Map] HRt_canarias7

Jorl, much

[quote="Ala13_Choco"]Jorl, much

I just installed this my UI install and this is a beautifull map! The airstrip at San Sebastian is great! If you set the weather on hazy, the clouds touch the mountains. I dont know what else to say but beautifull!

Bombsaway Wrote:I just installed this my UI install and this is a beautifull map! The airstrip at San Sebastian is great! If you set the weather on hazy, the clouds touch the mountains. I dont know what else to say but beautifull!

If you fool around with the time of day and try to fly around dawn or dusk with red-tinged skies, then the effect is even more pleasing. Add the low cloud mod and choose for really low hanging clouds and it gets even more interesting and atmospheric. Sometimes the pilots sight is hindered by the haze but indeed, what sights as you watch aircraft zoom up and down on a backdrop of reddish-tinted skies and darker mountains and valleys.

I don't think this has been mentioned much before, but I've found that the weather simulation in the game has a vast variety and gives stunning results. We take the weather conditions for granted but it is all very well done and adds much to the game's lasting attraction, especially when the map contains mountainous areas and significant height differences.

Are you reffering to [MOD] Flushy's Cloud mod Smile VERSION 2.0 *UPDATE* jan 23 2009 ?
Do you know if this was included in the UI install or is this a mod that I could add to my UI install?

Bombsaway Wrote:Are you reffering to [MOD] Flushy's Cloud mod Smile VERSION 2.0 *UPDATE* jan 23 2009 ?
Do you know if this was included in the UI install or is this a mod that I could add to my UI install?

I don't think that Flushy's Cloud Mod is what I meant. Offhand I don't know what that mod does, but the mod install file I meant is called

'Low_Cloudheight_Mod_Il2_MOD.exe'

What it does is allow the FMB to assign more cloudheights in a mission than are normally available in the stock version. They go from 100m 300m 600m up to 2500m or some such height.

It was not included in the UI version 1.0, which I am still using.

On version UI 1.1 you'll have to check as I have no experience with that version.

In any case, the low cloudheight mod is one of those small and at first glance minor mods, but which, once you have used it, becomes one of the major and unmissable mods in the game as far as mission making is concerned.

There was a conflict with another mod, rendering the low cloudheight mod unusable, but I forget which mod that was. You should be able to find out more with some searching.

thank you guys, your comments encourage us to keep learning and improving, we will come back to try to improve this map as soon as we can, right now whatever little time we have available is being used on our new developemente ebro1938

great map - but I hope you make a update of this map. Because some parts of the beach-area are too dark, this isn`t nice.

yes sir, you are right, it needs some additional work, and it will be done sooner than later, but right now we are trying to get a first draft of ebro1938
thanks for your remark, we'll try to get it done within a couple of weeks

as advanced there is a new version with minor touches on black spot textures at the sea side, as requested by
MrGoldfinger, hopefully I have taken care of all of them. Otherwise there are no changes for the time being.
I hope this version will be posted shortly.
cheers

I just got it, enjoy it

(The link is inoperative)

it only has minor aesthetics fixings.

edited your link

... please update original post too

thanks
Z

Very nice work gents! Love the maps you do. S!

russian on canary?

Thank you