[Map] HRt_canarias7

Thanks for this map! It is really beautiful. Makes me want to go there in real life!

Thanks Eldon for making my day a happy one. I am most grateful, since it is my original home land, which I miss.
I must say it's more beautiful than it looks on the map. Please go there and enjoy it whenever you can.

A new version is being cooked, with two different flavors, the original one, and a new one following SCW and stickig to those times, most noticeable on airbases.

While the above is very much advanced, a retextturing is on the move as well, bu it will take somewhat longer yet.

Bellow find pics of new airbases:

[Image: aerodromos.jpg]

Great map, I was looking for a map to make a little what if campaign!

You should have tried to take off and land on each airstrip on autopilot before you released this map! There are many obstacles in the line of landing - try to use a TB-3 and you will know what I am talking about. Impossible to land on La Palma with any plane - this really limits mission building... Certain limitations on Gomera too...

thank you Cracken, sorry about that, I'll follow your advise and try to fix that. Probably some change at some point went wrong and I didn't notice. As a matter of fact I have been using La Palma airport recently, but now, I must be using a different version, I'll fix and try it this very weekend.

Hi, I have tested all airfields and found the following bugs:

Aeropuerto La Palma - impossible to land in direction on autopilot

Aeropuerto Los Cangrejos - impossible to land on autopilot when the last waypoint (the landing waypoint) is set to the southern part of the airfield

Aeropuerto de La Gomera - impossible to land on autopilot when the last waypoint (the landing waypoint) is set to the western part of the airfield

Aeropuerto Los Rodeos - no idea why, but the plane did not want to land, it kept just flying around on and on till I placed a static runway on the airfield - after I had done that it landed...

The rest of the airfields is OK. I hope you mend it soon as I was wanting to make a SCW fictional campaign for these nice and interesting isles.

Cracken Wrote:Hi, I have tested all airfields and found the following bugs:

Aeropuerto La Palma - impossible to land in direction on autopilot

Aeropuerto Los Cangrejos - impossible to land on autopilot when the last waypoint (the landing waypoint) is set to the southern part of the airfield

Aeropuerto de La Gomera - impossible to land on autopilot when the last waypoint (the landing waypoint) is set to the western part of the airfield

Aeropuerto Los Rodeos - no idea why, but the plane did not want to land, it kept just flying around on and on till I placed a static runway on the airfield - after I had done that it landed...

The rest of the airfields is OK. I hope you mend it soon as I was wanting to make a SCW fictional campaign for these nice and interesting isles.

yes I will, I understand better now what is disturbing you, it is not the model itself but mountains and probably some bug in a couple of airfields.
TY

I have been for hours now checking, remaiking, trying, touching here an there, and have come to a conclussion: the bugs you have encountered are mostly AI model plus mountains. I'll try to explain myself,

it is at landing that AI flying model has a generalized problem, it "has to turn left" and if there is a mountain it does not care. That way one out of the two runway directions is useless - as cracken repported -

there are four possibilities left: doing nothing at all (not a choice), to blow up and bring to gravel the mountains (not nice), to move airfields tens of kilometers up to a flat area (nor realistic if possible) and, finally, to avoid AI to use the wrong runway end (unfortunately for both, landing and take off), and that has been the selected solution.

I must yet say that "los Rodeos airfield" northern edge must be in the limit for some AI programming decission, some AI planes are able to land - very few - and most aren't, even after having tried almost every possible change, including changing somehow the sorrounding field.

A new version is being finalized and will be available almost rightaway. Airfirlds that will have some restriction for AI will be left as follows:
[Image: aerodromos.png]

Aeropuerto La Palma: landing from north to south, takeoff the other way around.

Aeropuerto Los Cangrejos: landing from west to east, takeoff the other way around.

Aeropuerto de La Gomera: landing from east to west, takeoff the other way around.

Aeropuerto Los Rodeos: landing from east to west, takeoff the other way around. I will further investigate, later on, the strange phenomenum at this airfield.

This is not the kind of solution I like, nor the one I had in mind, but three out of the four airfields are 100% charaterized by sorroundung mountains.

Has anyone had a simillar problem before that can help us to better understand this and, eventually to solve it.

sorry about the delay, but I have found some bugs to fix in some of the airfields and have to work on it
cheers

release of the new version performed

nice ,

many thanks

Z

slowly, but still working on the map.

[Image: 55344788.jpg]

Is this compadible with UP 2.0?

glbellairs Wrote:Is this compadible with UP 2.0?

yes it is, just satndard textures and reduced size. I am working on a new one, but time shorted...