[Mod WIP] USA F4U-1 Corsair "Birdcage", 1943 - v2

Chance Vought F4U-1 Corsair "Birdcage", 1943
[Image: f4u1.jpg]

DOWNLOAD MUAS USA F4U-1 v2

Changes in v2:
  • - classes reworked to solve mod compatibility crash on load
    - weapons options reduced to 178 gal. droptank and field mod belly pylon bomb load only
Please test it online and report here. Thanks. Enjoy the US "Birdcage".

Thank you, love the "Birdcage"!

Thanks for your interest in this aircraft!

FYI- I followed the instructions to the letter and got a crash to desk top when I tried to open the Armament page preflight, and once again when I skipped said step and just tried to Fly the plane via QMB.

I'm with Dixiecapt here, installed ok, added the various bits to appropriate files, fired up QMB, selected the F4U-1, on Pacific Islands map, (I could select different loadouts) hit fly and got to 30% (where it is loading aircraft) and hangs there, was still HD activity (light flashing) so waited 20 minutes - end result = CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of game.

Cheers

Quelty

I've got exactly the same issue as Dixiecapt - CTD when choosing Armament button, and a memory CTD if trying to fly the plane straight off. There's gotta be some issue, and I think it may be skin-related? Confusedhock:

Having absolutely no problems here with this bird!

Thanks a lot, its been an omission since PF came out

cant see the difference.. :?

I'm having the same problems- when I hit the markings on/off switch, I get a CTD, same with the mission loading to 30%- CTD. Which is a shame, this bird is really needed to round out the corsairs, because combined with Ranwers' F4U-2 mod for the Mk. I, we have all the 'sairs used in WWII except the -4...

F4U-1's could not carry bombs, I don't care what Oleg says. The centerline hard point was introduced during the F4U-1A production run. If we get a F4U-1 with a new slot, I'd sure like for it to be as accurate as possible.

Installed & ran without any problems... extremely mint work on this project. Thank's

[Image: F4U-1.jpg]

Topic moved to WIP

Please submit to the AAA admins performance charts and new weapons loadouts documents within your WIP Beta please.

Also, for anyone testing this WIP please post your bug reports to this area so Maus can address them.

Maus, when you are done testing and you are 100% satisfied, please PM an admin so we may include this in the next aircraft pack.

Thanks

Dixiecapt Wrote:FYI- I followed the instructions to the letter and got a crash to desk top when I tried to open the Armament page preflight, and once again when I skipped said step and just tried to Fly the plane via QMB.

Quelty Wrote:I'm with Dixiecapt here, installed ok, added the various bits to appropriate files, fired up QMB, selected the F4U-1, on Pacific Islands map, (I could select different loadouts) hit fly and got to 30% (where it is loading aircraft) and hangs there, was still HD activity (light flashing) so waited 20 minutes - end result = CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of game.

bigbossmalone Wrote:I've got exactly the same issue as Dixiecapt - CTD when choosing Armament button, and a memory CTD if trying to fly the plane straight off. There's gotta be some issue, and I think it may be skin-related? Confusedhock:

Jaypack44 Wrote:I'm having the same problems- when I hit the markings on/off switch, I get a CTD, same with the mission loading to 30%- CTD. Which is a shame, this bird is really needed to round out the corsairs, because combined with Ranwers' F4U-2 mod for the Mk. I, we have all the 'sairs used in WWII except the -4...

Guys, I wouldn't exclude the possiblilty of a bug in the files I put together, but you guys are talking of slightly different issues that end up in a crash.

On the other hand, there are other pilots here who seem to get it right.

It never crashed on my PC, and I must tell you I did a lot (indeed a lot) of tweaking and testing.

I can't reproduce what you're facing, so the best way to sort it out is:
  • 1) Make sure you did well during the install; you must insert the text lines in the correct files, and sometimes even pasting one gets some typo in it; be sure you got it right.
    2) Disable all your mods to test this one - use the minus prefix trick, it's very easy; if you can run it good with all other mods off, then its a mod conflict issue - more of that later on.

stansdds Wrote:F4U-1's could not carry bombs, I don't care what Oleg says. The centerline hard point was introduced during the F4U-1A production run. If we get a F4U-1 with a new slot, I'd sure like for it to be as accurate as possible.

I knew someone would point that out, but I left it anyway so we can discuss the historical weapons.

I read somewhere that the F4U-1A was exactly the F4U-1 with the birdcage changed to a bubble hood, but I doubt it, neverthless I made the US Birdcage as a clone to the Corsair MkI already ingame. I switch the bomb types to US, and I kept the same weapon options as the MkI; I even included one more configuration, the one I think is missing in the F4U-1A, which is the 1x1000lbs bomb on the central pylon.

So, you Corsair freaks out there, please tell me what weapon layout should be closer to reality so I can correct it.

Meanwhile have fun with the Birdcage.

Monguse Wrote:Topic moved to WIP

Please submit to the AAA admins performance charts and new weapons loadouts documents within your WIP Beta please.

Also, for anyone testing this WIP please post your bug reports to this area so Maus can address them.

Maus, when you are done testing and you are 100% satisfied, please PM an admin so we may include this in the next aircraft pack.

Thanks

Moved to CORRECT location; WIP-MODS DOWNLOAD.

Muas Wrote:I wonder why didn't anyone made this before... or maybe someone did it and I
[Image: f4u1.jpg]

That shown bomb rack was a field mod and was first used with the F4U-1A. The F4U-1 Birdcage had provision for a center line fuel tank but was NOT able to carry any bombs on the centerline rack.

Installed all as normal, went to quick, selected a bombload (2X 1000LB), hit fly stopped at 50% loading, waiting 10 minutes so far.

Had to end with task manager, then tried loading with default load, stopped at 30% this time. Task manager again to get out.