[Mod WIP] USA F4U-1 Corsair "Birdcage", 1943 - v2

Very happy to see such a mod for this lovely aircraft.

But I got a big problem now. After installing and making all typing to air.ini etc. my game crashes after 60% of loading. But that's not all...I deleted the mod from my MODS folder and deleted all entries in all.ini and others and my modded version still crashes!

Help appriciated! :?

Jure_502 Wrote:Very happy to see such a mod for this lovely aircraft.

But I got a big problem now. After installing and making all typing to air.ini etc. my game crashes after 60% of loading. But that's not all...I deleted the mod from my MODS folder and deleted all entries in all.ini and others and my modded version still crashes!

Help appriciated! :?
A game crash at 60%... I'd bet on some aircraft call from the air.ini which finds no mod related.

Check all your air.ini entries, there must be something there you forgot to remove.

Muas Wrote:A game crash at 60%... I'd bet on some aircraft call from the air.ini which finds no mod related.

Check all your air.ini entries, there must be something there you forgot to remove.

Double checked all entries and there's no more F4U-1 in there. Searched manually and with find text option. Only A,C and D version are there. Very strange.

javascript:emoticon('Cry')Hi guy's, I've also got a crashproblem; selecting in QMB is ok, when I want to go and fly there's a message: Instruction on 0x0fa80a57 point's to memory on 0x145e8108. The read or writeaction ("read") on the memory has failed. Click on Ok to end program.
Now its all clear ??? :?

Please try v2 crash free update (I hope :oopsSmile.

I reduced the loadout to:
    - 178 gal. Droptank
    - 1x500 lb. Bomb (field mod)
    - 1x1000 lb. Bomb (field mod)
    - Empty
It might not be 100% accurate, there is some doubt about the field mod being used on early Corsairs, but I think it will add some diferent options not available on the 1A.

I hope everyone can enjoy it from now on.

Gave ver.1 a test run after work last night,to quote Trooper117:

"I've installed aircraft manualy quite a few times, so I didn't find the proceedure any different with this one.
Updated the air ini plus the plane and weapon ru properties files.. no dramas, usual install.

When I come to get it flying in game however its no dice.. when selecting armaments it immediately went into a error msg then shut down.
Tried to fly it just on default loadout and got another CTD at 30%..
I've double checked my install proceedure and its all by the numbers as per instructions in the readme.. as I said, I'm used to installing in this way so its not me mucking things up..
Binned it until someone comes up with a solution.."

Like Trooper, I'm not using either of the UI's.

Just gave ver.2 a test run...No Problems! Don't know what you did to fix it,
but ver.2 is working fine now. Thanks! Also like the new loadout.

Thank you Muas. v2 is good work!

But the installation position of the antenna line is right?(Corsair Mk.I too)
[Image: grab00010.jpg]

I believe that Blitz_Bury has been working on the F4U-1 and he has a ton of reference material on
Corsairs. I believe the plan was to create a new aircraft slot using the flight model of the Corsair MKI and labeling it the F4U-1 and assigning it as a US Aircraft. It is being tested to make sure the final configuration of the plane does not conflict with the unified installer and its associated mods. I don't know if the plan called for modifying the weapons load out or the engine without the water injection, but that could be a possibility. At any rate it will allow you to select USN, USMC or even USAAF and you should get the correct US national Insignia when you select markings on instead of the field modified Russian markings placed on lend lease aircraft with the over sized red star replaced by an over sized white star on the smaller blue circle that we get when selecting the Corsair MkI now.

The F4U-1 had a slightly lower seat than the F4U-1A and later Corsairs. It had a framed canopy. It also had the P&W R-2800-8 engine initially (as did the early F6F-3), but this may have been replaced in the field by the R-2800-8W with water injection when they became available. I believe it also had two unprotected wing fuel tanks outboard of the guns and these would get drained and vented first.

I believe that the F4U-1A had a slightly higher seat, a semi-bubble three piece sliding canopy and water injection. I believe it also had two unprotected wing fuel tanks outboard of the guns and these would get drained and vented first. These disappeared in the F4U-1C, F4U-1D and F4U-4.

Oleg's choice of using the Corsair MKI to represent the F4U-1 boggles the mind. The F4U-1 flew its first combat mission with the USMC from Henderson Field, Guadalcanal in February 1943. The British received 95 Corsair MKI (F4U-1) which had the standard Corsair wing length. Because this made the wings too tall when folded to fit on British Aircraft Carrier hangar decks they did not get deployed with the FAA and therefore never were in combat. British Corsairs of all types were not used from land bases. Many of the Corsair MKI's remained in the United States to train FAA pilots on the type in places like Quonset Point NAS Rhode Island and Brunswick NAS Maine.

-)-MAILMAN-

I'm happy to report 100% functionality with v2. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Many thanks for your efforts, Muas! 8)

bigbossmalone Wrote:I'm happy to report 100% functionality with v2. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Many thanks for your efforts, Muas! 8)

Same here, good stuff Muas Smile

Greetings,
Saw it, fell in love with it, downloaded it, installed it, edit it, works like a charm. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Big Grin

Hey Sora, mate, didnt know you had an account here Wink

Am also happy to see that the F4U-1 works perfectly well now!

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:It also had the P&W R-2800-8 engine initially (as did the early F6F-3), but this may have been replaced in the field by the R-2800-8W with water injection when they became available. I believe it also had two unprotected wing fuel tanks outboard of the guns and these would get drained and vented first.

The F6F-3 had the R-2800-10 fitted not with the -8 and was fitted out with water injection from the beginning of the Hellcat production. The -8 and -10 owned different carburettor types.The Corsair was much later fitted out with the ADI feature and even the initial production lots of the F4U-1A got the R-2800-8 without any water injection feature.

Ok, still my game crashes at 60%. Anybody have a link to air.ini download to replace my air.ini.

Thanks all for your contribuitions.

I'm glad I got the crash on loading fixed, and everyone can enjoy the US birdcage.

Now to consolidate the consistency of this mod, some online testing would be great.

I'd appreciate online pilots to test it and report the results.

Just remember: this mod, like any other of this kind requires server and client to have it installed.

So I suggest that team pilots install the mod and go online one of them being the host.

A dedicated server test can also be made, but the mod must be installed on the server machine too.

What is important, is to verify that the server/client recognize the aircraft exactly like any other from stock. Whatch out for any visual effects, damage, score, etc.

Have fun.