[Mod WIP] USA F4U-1 Corsair "Birdcage", 1943 - v2

As stated earlier, would love to have this plane to round out Corsair series, but I have tried to install 6 to 7 times, following instructions to the letter.

CTD big-time every time or just hangs when selected! "min and close game.

Can't figure out everything looks right and in its place.

VF711Merlin Wrote:As stated earlier, would love to have this plane to round out Corsair series, but I have tried to install 6 to 7 times, following instructions to the letter.

CTD big-time every time or just hangs when selected! "min and close game.

Can't figure out everything looks right and in its place.
Ok, there are some basic steps you can try.

First unistall everything related to this mod, and be sure your sim is runing smooth.

The only thing that might conflict with this mod, is another mod that might also be making use of custom markings and countries. So if you hava such a mod, disable it, and test the sim again without it.

If all is going well, install the USA Birdcage. Remember, the major culprit of CTD's is a bad entry on the air.ini file. The properties files, might give strange results but it wont crash the program.

So what you have to be carefull about is to install the files at their correct places and that you air.ini is fit. If the air.ini has an aircraft entry the program doesn't find inside your Mods folder, it will crash too.

If you can't get it right after this, you must disable all your mods then, and try only the Birdcage.

Hope this helps.

Maus,

Great job on the Birdcage. Thanks.

I was wondering if you could look into an issue that has plagued the CorsairMkI and now the Birdcage. For some reason the bright reticle mod will note work for these cockpits. It will not read the reticle.mat and use the two combined reticle tga files. Would you know off hand what would cause this?

Installed v2.. works a treat now thanks!

9th time is the charm, working great now, had version one still in my mods folder, game kept reading it. Replaced with version 2 , "bingo". Duh! on me, should have known not to question the Almighty Modders.

Geat work, Many Thanks!

I installed this mod into my Unified Install v1.1, seems to work just fine.

@ Muas

Could you tell me where the center (Bomb Rack) for the F4U is located within the file structure? I am skinning the corsair and I have already re-skinned the wing pylons and the fuel tank, but I have looked and looked and I cannot seem to find the center bomb rack. If you, or anyone else could help me out, that would be great. Thanks.

Slikk

woofiedog Wrote:Installed & ran without any problems... extremely mint work on this project. Thank's

Thank God I had only hours ago asked my British friend what "mint"meant. And yes, this is a very, very, mint mod.

Just want to say: Thank you . . .

@ Muas

Why no response? Maybe you over looked my post, but I asked a week ago for some assistants in locating the center bomb rack for the corsair. I assume that sense you released the F4U-1, that you know where all the files are for this plane. If you do not know the location of this file that

[quote="Slikk"]@ Muas

Why no response? Maybe you over looked my post, but I asked a week ago for some assistants in locating the center bomb rack for the corsair. I assume that sense you released the F4U-1, that you know where all the files are for this plane. If you do not know the location of this file that

Thanks for the reply Muas.

I have looked all over and cannot find PylonF4UPLN2. I can see it within the class file, but nowhere else. I have looked in all of the .SFS files over and over again but still, no joy. The only way I was able to repaint the F4U center fuel tank was by taking a wild guess and making a new folder named "F4U_Droptank" and putting it in the "Arms" folder. That worked, and I just knew that putting a folder named "PylonF4UPLN2" in the arms folder would give me the same result, but it did not work. I have spent days trying to find a way to repaint the center rack for the F4U with no luck. Maybe someone else will have better luck at this than I did. It's a real shame too, because the F4U really looks good with the Drop tank matching the color of the rest of the plane. This is not a big deal for the lighter colored F4U's, but it makes a big difference for the dark blue F4U's

Slikk

Splendiferous! Excellent work, the Corsair is a rare bird and one of the few planes I fly often. I thoroughly enjoy the birdcage, and no armor plating behind over the cockpit blocking the six. A pleasant respite. Keep up the great work! Thank you. Big Grin

aviator66

Hm, i

The difference is that now the game sees it as an american plane, not a British one. This is a significant one if you want to fly the "Birdcage" in the Soloman Islands as it was IRL, and not have those funky blue circles and white stars on it.