Take it! 2 stock Bf-109G6 new slots for modding!

Karaya, thanks very much!

I'm not going to apply the Trop to one of the new G6s, I'm going to apply it to the standard G6Early, but only for the Finnish nationality. See this pic of a real Finnish 109:

[Image: n606415288_2693661_1234542.jpg]

If I add a folder : ....\MODS\Bf-109G Finnish 'Trop'\3do\Plane\Bf-109G-6Early(fi)

and drop your mod files into that, it will only apply the mod to the Finnish G6. I.e., only if I pick Finland in the arming screen. The same can be done for Bf-109G-6Early(hu) (Hungary), and Bf-109G-6Early(sk) (Slovakia).

This is originally how I applied HITS visual mods, but it wasn't a complete solution.

Hey mate,

If you use this package it should also work for the Bf109G2!

Cheers

http://www.4shared.com/file/92588518/6d ... 2Trop.html

Karaya you legend! Thanks again!

I think there are only the options for (fi) and (sk) for the G2. Good enough me thinks.

Cheers!

Yea, I'm using the tropical filters for the Finnish G-2 and G-6 now too! Thanks for reminding me about that trick! Big Grin

Guys

Some people are working on G6 trops as well as Italian 109's so please hang in there.

Quote:Yea, I'm using the tropical filters for the Finnish G-2 and G-6 now too! Thanks for reminding me about that trick!

Glad to be of service! Big Grin

Monguse, ok cool, thanks for letting us know. What differences are there for the Italian 109s? Was it just that they lacked the Goniometric antenna? That's the only difference as far as I can tell. I'm probably wrong though.

i dont know much about the finnish use of the 109 (or any ac for that matter), but why were the fins using 109s with TROP filters?? 'aftermarket' 109s from afrika? or did it serve a purpose up north?

aviatorsneah Wrote:? 'aftermarket' 109s from afrika?

Yep, that's the reason. That's also why lots of 109s serving in that theatre were painted in RLM 79 (sandgelb), even if it was then slightly overpainted with greys and greens.

Karaya Wrote:The G-6 has been a DOG ever since its introduction to the sim and hasnt improved much from there. Both versions are undermodelled in practically every performance category. They are both around 10km/h too slow at altitude

I just did some speed testing of the G6 in game.Manual for the real G6 say's:

speed at 0m ca.540km/h
speed at 5000m ca.650km/h
speed at 8000m ca.620km/h

in game I've managed to maintain:

535km/h at 0m
611km/h at 5000m
625km/h at 8000m

Tested in Okinawa map,empty configuration,radiators closed,auto pitch,100% fuel.Coolant temp was way over 120,but no damage to the engine.

I think I managed to get the two Bf109G6s up to around 630km/h at 7000m which is their full throttle height ingame. So thats about 10-20km/h too slow compared to the real aircraft

Uh oh, this thread has the porential to turn into one of the 'this plane is porked' ones over at the zoo! Smile

I did worry about the 109 from FB/AEP on compared to the first IL-2 Demo and game. I didn't realise my feelings were accurate until I saw alot of other people mention it.

Quote:in game I've managed to maintain:

535km/h at 0m
611km/h at 5000m
625km/h at 8000m

Although this is only one test, it would *seem* that the G6 is porked most at mid alt then?

It is most porked at its rated altitude where it attains topspeed. That is 7000m ingame, the G6 Early should reach about 640km/h there and the Late should be in the 650km/h regime. From my experience both versions are at least 10km/h off at that altitude.

But thats not as tragic as the overly high turn time of 23secs versus 21secs in real life. One can easily see why people dont like to fly it and much rather take onto the more performant and actually more realistically modelled G2

Someone create the G-12 for two players!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I already saw a WIP shot of a Bf109G-12 somewhere on the checksix forums... so there is already somebody working on that! Dont think it will be a true trainer though, meaning 2 pilots steering it, one acting as the teacher and one as the pupil.

Karaya Wrote:I already saw a WIP shot of a Bf109G-12 somewhere on the checksix forums... so there is already somebody working on that! Dont think it will be a true trainer though, meaning 2 pilots steering it, one acting as the teacher and one as the pupil.

Do you have same screen of this G-12?