Take it! 2 stock Bf-109G6 new slots for modding!

Actually, I even have a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKIouRQ ... re=related

ptg Wrote:Uh oh, this thread has the porential to turn into one of the 'this plane is porked' ones over at the zoo! Smile

I did worry about the 109 from FB/AEP on compared to the first IL-2 Demo and game. I didn't realise my feelings were accurate until I saw alot of other people mention it.

Quote:in game I've managed to maintain:

535km/h at 0m
611km/h at 5000m
625km/h at 8000m

Although this is only one test, it would *seem* that the G6 is porked most at mid alt then?

The G6 is the most porked 109 in the game and always has been.

Even like this, G-6s are in game one of the best fighters anyway...

LOL, are you serious? :lol:

It's not useless but its also far from being among "the best"... let alone from being realistic

I'd take a 109F, G2, late G or K over it any time of day and I've been flying the Bf109 ever since the demo as its my all time favourite. It's a shame that it doesnt get the justice it deserves.

Anyway, I hope Muaz can bring us 2 new 109 Emils, an E4/N and an E7/N. I've already done the FMs for them and they just need a virtual body 8)

Hmm, I like the 109a over most other planes too, and fly them the most by far. Rather than be particularly disappointed with the G6 in my time, I thought the G-10 was a bit slow. I thought it was supposed to be one of the fastest 109s? I trim my aircraft up, but even after doing so, I find the G6Late faster and conserving more energy in turns? The engine seems a bit underpowered or something - difficult to state for a sim I know, but the takeoff run on the same airfield seems longer! Could just be me I accept.

Quote:But thats not as tragic as the overly high turn time of 23secs versus 21secs in real life.

I didn't know it was slower in a turn than IRL, but it still turns very well. I much prefer it to the 190 with it's nasty inverse snap roll at low alt and even high speed snap rolls if you pull back on the stick too much! Even so, I just use the turn ability to get out of tight spots; I usually try and fight in the vertical axis with the 109. Boom and Zoom I think the Amis call it.

Karaya Wrote:But thats not as tragic as the overly high turn time of 23secs versus 21secs in real life. One can easily see why people dont like to fly it and much rather take onto the more performant and actually more realistically modelled G2

...it's 13s for 180 turn at 400km/h (G6)....

Turn times are measured for a full 360

I installed this and when I fly the planes,I still get the stock G6 cockpit and plane.Where do all the files go?I put everything in the MODS file.Thanks. Sad

The point of these new standard G-6's is so that you can install HunInTheSun's G-6 mods over them and have seperate slots for the Erla and Tall Tail variants.

I put hun in the Sun's G6 mod in the game,but i still get the stock G6.Again,where do the files go?I put them in the MODS folder,but no success.

Overwrite to 2x_stock_G6/3do/plane/Bf-109G-6Mid or Erla Folder.

Thanks,su-san,still not working.

rickster Wrote:Thanks,su-san,still not working.

Ex. G-6Mid Plane-data
[Image: a04.jpg]

[Image: a03.jpg]

I trust kurfurst's website on actual wartime G-6 performance because he has so much historical documentation about it. I asked him quite a few questions at one point.
iirc he says the G-6 is undermodelled in regards to the 1.35ata restriction for the 605A until Oct43 when the full 1.42ata was permanently cleared (it was taken off for a while following the death of Marsielle in his G2 afaik, early 605A flamed when overheating so boost lowered till fixed). The difference between these ratings are 1475PS or 1550PS outputs at low altitude.
The turn time of the G-6 ought to also be slightly better. And according to documentation there is much less impact on speed with the MG131/bulges and also when carrying MG151 gondolas, its something like 8km/h here and 12km/h there tops. The smoother cowling of the G6AS/G14AS/G10/K4 confers something like only 4km/h penalty (without MW50 boost) with the MG131 over the G2 at same engine output/altitude for test, if memory serves (test performed on stock early G6 trying out both cowling styles).
iirc Kurfurst basically described the G6 late as being modelled for 1475PS and the G6 early a step back from that benchmark, whereas it should've been applied the other way around. ie. the G6 early in game should have the performance of the late, and the late should be a little better.

Hope I remembered all that right.

I don't think it's such a big deal though, I really enjoy the game without noticing this too much. When you think about it the Soviets didn't really put the latest models in service everywhere immediately, they had so many squadrons to fill, so you'd see a La-5FN in 1944 really, before then just La-5 and La-5F, same with Yak-9, there were still plenty of Yak-7 until 1944 and there were lots of variations on Yak-9s that lost a little loaded performance (Yak-9D, DD, T, B).

Plus during 1943 the Fw-190A was really the star of the show anyway, and that year the Luftwaffe really switched to supporting ground operations only, following Kursk I've read they couldn't even win local air superiority for numbers, regardless of enemy types.

But even so some German pilots are quoted as saying the current (G5-6 and A5-6) fighters in 1943 were "at least as good as any of the newer Allied models" appearing over northern France.

I guess if you only fly the 109s and I also love them, little details like this stick out, so does the MK108 in G10 and G14 (which most still had MG151), or the 601A engine in the E7 (most were routinely 601N motors, some got 601E), or the E7Z (all were 601N motors but this is really modelled poorly, and it ought to have 1200PS/2600rpm at 6500m with GM-1). Not to mention the 601A has a 1min emergency (take off) engine speed of 2500 u/min, the 601N of course 2600 u/min for I think 5min max. The E-4 I think mostly had 601Aa engine but some of these were even fitted with 601N, and some were upgraded E-3 with 601A. The Aa motor was very good for jabos as it had better take off and low altitude performance than the A-1 motor.

In game I would have E-4 with A-1, E-4B with Aa, E-7 with N and E-7Z with N/GM-1.

Plus where is the F-4Z/trop (GM-1, larger propeller, plus I think this actually used the 601N, was used extensively in Africa alongside F-4/trop with 601E).

But what it comes down to is what modders would rather mod. Their time after all. They did the 190A-3 and D-11/13 so I guess eventually everything will get covered, we have to be patient about all the what-if planes, new additions and korean era or whatnot is all. Eventually they'll come back to the old favourites and the regular 109/190 will get the full treatment.

Dont worry, a new slot Bf109E4/N and E7/N are almost done...