DeviceLink on-line 2.1 (updated 11/29/2009)

Hi guys. Not knowing anything about mods for il2 I have a question.

Is this OK to run on servers that have CRT=2 ? A quick check on google showed me that it checks for models, graphics, that type of stuff..

Would this mod pass the check?

Thanks.

No not unless it's installed server side and that means everyone would have to have it to fly on that server.

Well I've used it now, but its seems to be just as always. Limited use and tracking of gauges. RPM, altitude, and something else doesn't appear to work when online. Am I missing something?

You must be cause' I get full use....I mean all gauges work as well as warning lights.

You have it working Online with all gauges working?

Odd I and a few others are stuck, only getting it to work off line, and on tracks only.

Yes online with all gauges working....wierd that you don't.....hmmmmm

Works very well
thanks a lot

Thank you very much !!

As I fly, basically, on-line and on full switch servers, I got very interested in this mod.

I have a few questions derived from a post by Sully_pa:
Quote:(...) unless it's installed server side (...)

Doesn't the DeviceLink obtain the values by queuing the client ?

or with on-line version it queues the server?

I'm afraid that If server intermediates the calls, traffic and CPU will suffer. What would make it more difficult to find wide acceptance.

I really hope to get this thing going...

Good Job FireBall

t

I wonder if DeviceLink mod is compatible with the newly released UI 1.2 ? Anyone tested on any server?

tityus Wrote:As I fly, basically, on-line and on full switch servers, I got very interested in this mod.

I have a few questions derived from a post by Sully_pa:
Quote:(...) unless it's installed server side (...)

Doesn't the DeviceLink obtain the values by queuing the client ?

or with on-line version it queues the server?

I'm afraid that If server intermediates the calls, traffic and CPU will suffer. What would make it more difficult to find wide acceptance.

Sorry I missed this post somehow. I believe what Sully_pa is referring to is that servers, if they chose to, are able to set a setting called CheckRunTime. If that's set, then the game checks to see that all clients have exactly the same mods as the server. If not, a client isn't allowed to join. So...if a server had that set, and did not have the DeviceLink mod installed, it wouldn't let you join the game.

But, you're right. DeviceLink only queues the client, not the server.

apipisia Wrote:I wonder if DeviceLink mod is compatible with the newly released UI 1.2 ? Anyone tested on any server?

I don't actually use Devicelink, so I can't say for sure, but I'm quite sure it's compatible with UI 1.2.

Fireball

Quote:I don't actually use Devicelink, so I can't say for sure, but I'm quite sure it's compatible with UI 1.2.Fireball

I have checked it. It is compatible with UI 1.2 but cannot pass CRT check when server does not have it installed. On the other hand it seems that only some these class files (with hashed names) are not CRT=2 compatible, most of them are. I wonder if it is possible to make them all Smile

Hi Fireball,

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:you're right. DeviceLink only queues the client, not the server.

We know that if the server does not use CRT=2, only my computer needs to have the mod.

I was running some tests with it and might be something I've missed. I didn't succeed. (edit: problem solved: localPort conflict in conf.ini)

If I'm the server, it works ok. However, it doesn't work if the game is hosted somewhere else.

If the [DeviceLink] key at conf.ini has values, I can't even connect to another server (said server is not CRT=2). IL2 keeps trying to connect (connect to server > please wait...) and it doesn't even generates a timeout error (left it trying for 15+ minutes).

edit: the symptoms above where present because my key localPort had the same value as the DeviceLink port.

Bellow I have edited the default keys to a config that will work - just in case someone stumble in this post in the future.

Keys in conf.ini

[Net]
(...)
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
remoteHost=88.88.88.88 [color=orange]

My device link hasn't been working since 1.2 ....not sure what the problem is......

DeviceLink works with 1.2 under Vista64....Just got it working.

If I wanted to write my own app (to move a motion simulator I'm thinking about), can anyone point me to a site that tells how to interface with devicelink so I can get my planes data without using UDPSpeed, or how to use UDPSpeed to send data to another app/driver?

Hope that made sense.