DeviceLink on-line 2.1 (updated 11/29/2009)

no idea.

I have only ui1.2 and it works fine with it.

I've posted an update to the DeviceLink mod here: DeviceLink_2_1.rar

Inside the rar file is a folder named 'DeviceLink_2_1'. Copy or extract this folder to the MODS folder in your IL-2 game folder. Delete or disable any other versions of the DeviceLink mod.

This mod gives you access to all of your instrument readouts on-line the same as you have off-line.

There's no new functionality, but in version 2.1 I optimized the code a little bit. You may, or may not, notice any difference between this and the b2 version. The main thing is that I moved it out of beta and into the finished mods section. Guess that would be the first step in possibly getting it included in any future modpacks. Smile

Fireball

Great News!

downloading it now. Can't wait to test it.

thanks
tityus

Thank you. The beta worked perfectly, so the alpha will be ueber perfectly ;-) It's one of my favorites.

I want to use 2 mod in the same time
- San's FOV mod
- G15 mod
How I can open 2 different port on the conf.ini ?

bolox Wrote:
T_O_A_D Wrote:Now I'm curious, does anyone have the link for Device Link.

I just did a search at UBI and failed to find it.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 7201027043
WOW

I forgot all about that post by Bear about my request to post a sticky on devicelink

I have been using DL for years to test the performance of in-game planes and comp them to real world data.

Since it was disabled online using it online never really interested me.

What was interesting was Oleg's reasoning (years ago on UBI) for not enabling it online

Orginally Oleg disabled the use of DL online because he knew you could do 'something' with it that would give you an 'edge' over other pilots

That 'somethihng' is being able to use DL data to create a normalised/specific 'energy state' (TE=KE+PE) guage.

Something I have been thinking of doing since this mod came out but never really got around to doing it

It would be pretty easy in that I have all the code allready writen, in that I wrote my own DL interface to log data for aircraft performance testing

But, you could do it with some of the current crop of DL interface out there for download

But I wanted to write a specific program to display it.. Running on a seperate PC.. Displayed on a seperate screen

Just like I do for performance testing

Only thing is Oleg and some others might consider this a 'cheat' but I see it 'feedback' in guage form that would make up for some of the real world feedback (read seat of the pants) that we don't get sitting at a desk with a PC.

Anyway just a thought

Maybe someone with more free time on thier hands can take this ball and run with it.

does anybody still have a working link for this? Thanks.

Hooty256 Wrote:does anybody still have a working link for this? Thanks.

The link in the first post works :wink:

Planemad

file not found.......

Link for the file is not working.
Needs to be re-hosted.

S!

~S~

Could some kind soul who has this either re-host it somewhere, or e-mail it to me.
If you want to e-mail it then please send me a PM and i'll reply with my address.

Many Thanks,

Rob.

*Bump* Cry

Fireball....does this d/l include gauges? I'm at work right now and can't open a rar.

Hi,
I was just wondering how does such a mod technically work. How can you overwrite the embedded device link server which is compiled in the Il2 game ?

cheers

Well, regarding games, by definition a mod is some code that modify the standard game. Here, you will find many other MODs that introduce features... some are as interesting as Fireball's DeviceLink On Line.

té mais