DeviceLink on-line 2.1 (updated 11/29/2009)

I'm quite new to IL2 moding ... The readme says "extract this folder to the MODS folder in your IL-2" but I don't have any MODS folder in my IL2 directory. Do I have to do something else before ?

cheers,
Tex

Tex-Twil Wrote:I'm quite new to IL2 moding ... The readme says "extract this folder to the MODS folder in your IL-2" but I don't have any MODS folder in my IL2 directory. Do I have to do something else before ?

cheers,
Tex

Nobody ?

some problem...

Tex-Twil Wrote:I'm quite new to IL2 moding ... The readme says "extract this folder to the MODS folder in your IL-2" but I don't have any MODS folder in my IL2 directory. Do I have to do something else before ?

cheers,
Tex

Hi, Tex

Simply create a MODS folder for yourself if none exists.

If you have a mod pack, then you should have one in your IL-2 folder. Open your IL-2 folder to the main directory of files and folders. You can type "MODS" into the search box at the top of the window and Windows Explorer will find the file for you if it is indeed in your IL-2.

MODS file/folder should be in the main directory of the IL-2 folder, nearby ones such as Missions and Paint Schemes.

Smile
Fireskull

I installed the SAS Mod Activator and did copied the DeviceLink files there but it doesn't seem to work. I have IL2 v 4.09m

Tex-Twil Wrote:I installed the SAS Mod Activator and did copied the DeviceLink files there but it doesn't seem to work. I have IL2 v 4.09m

The lastest Mod Act is for 4.101

Got the right one?

Fireskull

Fireskull Wrote:
Tex-Twil Wrote:I installed the SAS Mod Activator and did copied the DeviceLink files there but it doesn't seem to work. I have IL2 v 4.09m

The lastest Mod Act is for 4.101

Got the right one?

Fireskull
yep I got the one for 4.09 : http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,8993.0.html

I installed Ultra Pack 2.01 (which works), copied the DeviceLink to the MOD folder but still not success when I create a multiplayer game Sad When I launch the "Generic Mod Enabler" (v 2.3.1.132) I see some mods listed but no DeviceLink

EDIT: ah the files had to be copied into a subdir of the MODS folder ! Now it works. cheers

Hi.

Nice screens of the UDPSpeed. Good job.

But unfortunatly for me does not work.

The screen resolution of my screen is restricted to 1024x768 then I am
obliged to use UDPSpeed_with_Spitfire_gauges_beta01.zip or
UDPSpeed_with_Spitfire_gauges_beta01.zip

But both produce the same two errors:

The first error: " is not a valid integer value
The second error: '?' is not a valid floating point value

I have read all six pages and found nothing.

Can anyone tell me if it happened to or how to avoid?

Thanks

I'm trying to make motion simulator using X-Sim. It uses DeviceLink to extract data for actuators. In offline mode, it works perfectly, but online, even with DeviceLink 2.1 or DeviceLink 2.2 it doesn't. With version 2.1 i have no flight data at all, and with version 2.2 it gives some false data. I tried that on IL-2 1946 version 4.11.1m and 4.12m, none of that works. This is how my conf.ini looks like:

[DeviceLink]
Port=10000
IPS=127.0.0.1
host=127.0.0.1

Do you have any ideas why it's not working?

Hi and be very welcome mrconsoler,

I might not be able to help you, but as far as I remember, online are all interfaces blocked, i. e. measured data from compass, speed and so on, can't be obtainted.
Because - otherwise a computer could steer your aircraft....
And that is not the point of the game... 8)

Jambo :wink:

But isn't this DeviceLink online mod supposed to enable those interfaces for multiplayer use?