[Mod Done] Bf-109G-14/AS new slot, new FM

Karaya Wrote:The stock G6/AS FM isnt "bad", it just doesnt fit ANY real 109 at all. From its performance it is neither a G6/AS which does not have MW50 and still attains a topspeed of 650km/h at 8300m, nor is it a G14/AS that uses MW-50 and reaches 690km/h at 7500m

Our ingame G6/AS uses MW50 and reaches 690km/h at 6000m. No sign of its supposedly high altitude DB605ASM engine at all.
I was just going to ask...many thanks for your added work! Big Grin

Muas Wrote:That's something Canon_UK pointed out, and we can open this discussion right here to decide what's the most accurate option. The same for loadout, which is the same as G14 so far.

Yes, so I'll be sending Muas an updated skin for this aircraft. You'll be able to update your mod once he's uploaded and integrated it.

Cant wait for fly the new FM, hope based in technical data, trying be more realistic possible.

Thank you very much!

MOD is LIFE!!

Well its not going to be drastically different, a little lighter than the G-10/-14 and a different engine.

New flight model implemented, UI 1.1 compatible.

Check it out and report here.

Thanks.

Thanks,Muas,I'm looking forward to flying this! 8)

Very nicely done Muas! For the future, may I suggest new slots for extra Hawker Hurricanes? That way we could finally have the tropical variants as a new addition, instead of trying to make do with the ETO variants.

Just had an idea. One thing I have noticed in relation to the Gustavs ingame is a misrepresentation of the loadouts and variants available. If a slot or two of each one was duplicated, we create a Gustav pack that represents the most common series of this great fighter.

My idea is simple: Where applicable create a Zeroster version and a Trop version of each variant. How does this work? Here are the proposed models I suggest:

Bf-109G-2 Trop
Bf-109G-2 Zeroster - G2 with additional loadout option of underwing mortars
Bf-109G-4 - using HunInTheSun's mod (G2 body, G6 radio, tailwheel and wings, G2 flight model)
Bf-109G-6 Trop
Bf-109G-6 Zeroster - add mortars
G10 Z - as above but have MG151 as default nose cannon, Mk103 optional
G14 Z- as with G10

There is also the possibility of the dual drop tank configuration.

Add in the G14AS and when finished the G12, and you have a complete and more accurate selection of Gustavs. Since this does not require modelling from scratch but creation of new slots and weapon loadouts, it shouldn't be extremely difficult if a few people in the know get together.

Love the new version Muas with the 20mm and fixed emblems, its perfect now! Also I want to thank you for letting me work with you on this one, looking forward to many more of your creations mate!

Btw on part of the FM:

The weights for the aircraft were taken from official manuals and its just slightly lighter than the G-10 (~5kg less on empty weight, ~25kg less on takeoff weight). It is also making use of the DB605ASB engine with 1800PS at takeoff giving it a topspeed at sealevel of 570-575km/h and 690-700km/h at 7500m!

PS: Now I guess next in line are the updated DB601N Emils with new slot & fm.

Btw, I already have a Bf109G-4, G-10 & G-14 with 20m nose cannon, Hurricane Mk.Ia Trop, Mk.Ib, Mk.Ib Trop, Mk.IIb Trop, He111H-21, Beaufighter Mk.I, Hs-123A-1, Yak1PF, Yak9DD, Yak9U Early (VK105 engine), ... as new slots in game. You'd be surprised what you can find all over the internet :wink:

Hmm, that buttons file doesn't like my version of the mod.

I am running soundmod vers 093, but admittedly with alot of other mods installed since. I test each as I install though. V1 of this mod worked fine btw.

This 767kb buttons file seems alot like the one that comes with the planes Karaya mentioned G-10 Orig, G-14 Orig etc. I don't have that installed for that reason - it is incompatible with 093 - which I suspect, alot of people are running. The 093 buttons file is just over 1mb.

I may be misunderstanding the buttons file of course...

ptg Wrote:Hmm, that buttons file doesn't like my version of the mod.

I am running soundmod vers 093, but admittedly with alot of other mods installed since. I test each as I install though. V1 of this mod worked fine btw.

This 767kb buttons file seems alot like the one that comes with the planes Karaya mentioned G-10 Orig, G-14 Orig etc. I don't have that installed for that reason - it is incompatible with 093 - which I suspect, alot of people are running. The 093 buttons file is just over 1mb.

I may be misunderstanding the buttons file of course...
The buttons file supplied is the one from the UI 1.1 installer, with the G14/AS added. You probably have more aircraft installed than the UI 1.1 provides... I can make optional buttons files for implementation of the G14/AS on other mods as long as I know its source.

I'm using Soundmod 0.93 myself and have had no issues!

Ok, thought I was misunderstanding the buttons file!

I have all the a/c in 1.1, plus alot of a/c on this site that are WIP, and also the 190A7 from Check Six. The buttons file I have is one labelled '0.93' from that site. It came with another buttons file labelled 'ultimate' (for the same named sound file I guess). As I was using 0.93, I installed that and it worked a treat with the 190A7 - wheras before it hadn't - the A7 that is.

I've no idea how this would integrate - surely every buttons file can't be unique?

The game crash on 60% with me too Sad

ptg Wrote:Ok, thought I was misunderstanding the buttons file!

I have all the a/c in 1.1, plus alot of a/c on this site that are WIP, and also the 190A7 from Check Six. The buttons file I have is one labelled '0.93' from that site. It came with another buttons file labelled 'ultimate' (for the same named sound file I guess). As I was using 0.93, I installed that and it worked a treat with the 190A7 - wheras before it hadn't - the A7 that is.

I've no idea how this would integrate - surely every buttons file can't be unique?

When you install a new aircraft, it doesn't mean you'll need a new buttons file, in fact, some of the new aircraft which are WIP, use a flight model from another aircraft, which is already in the buttons file.

When you install an aircraft with its own new FM (that's possible the case with that A7), then you will need a new buttons with the new aircraft data.

Everyone who has the Unified Installer 1.1 "should" be able to fly the G14/AS with the new buttons file included in the package, as anyone who happens to have only some standalone mods (like me).

bugsbg Wrote:The game crash on 60% with me too Sad

I believe 60% loading its about the time the game loads the air.ini file. If an aircraft entry there finds no data on the mods folder or buttons file, then it crashes.