[MOD] Propeller Animation Mod V2.0 (still Beta)

Hi Guys,

I'm absolutely surprised about the views-count... 49902 Views WOW Confusedhock: Thx alot !!

I'm back intouch to complete this mod, more and more Planes get born, so its hard abit to get them all.
I'm waiting for next UP3 Release to hopefully publish final version.

I still have to correct some timings and create/correct textures. Big Grin

BIG THX to: stuka_40 for Basics
and Ranwers for sorting out problems.

Special Thanks to heero12 for ideas, inspiration, criticism and alot of support along all Prop-Mod Versions

Also BIG THANKS to AG51LZ for this Video
Link to watch on Youtube (visual effect demonstration):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzFna597 ... ded#at=275

Download: [Klick me] (for UP 3.0RC Users)
File size: ~16 MB

For use with JSGME-Switcher:
[Klick me] (for HSFX / custom Installs)

File size: ~16 MB

So...whats new:

This Mod now has 3 different layers, original only had one, that means
one for better textures
one for additional animation
one for reflections

and all of them are dynamic.

Important:
1. go into your Graphic-Card Settings, and turn VSYNC ON (for TFT Monitor User)
2. disable all previous Versions by renaming with MINUS infront (check your #UP, #DBW or MODS Folder)
3. not all Planes are effected yet, see below.

Installation:
Download this file, and open it with WinRAR or equal,
copy/paste the Folder "03_Propeller-Mod-V2.0" into your JSGME or #UP# Folder.
(If it asks for "Overwrite?", do so with "Ok")
Thats it Big Grin

Effected Planes

All, exept A5m, A6m Series have visual issue, due to new 3D Prop Mesh from Author, will try to fix it with Author.

There is ONE Artefact, that happens on Swordfish. The Texture looks weird when you turn on engine, go to outside view
and look infront your plane. If someone can fix it, I appreciate it. Big Grin

Thank you ALL,
have fun !!

Warning: This Mod can cause Epilepsis, please be careful. Deactivate this Mod if necessary.
This Mod wasn't tested on Low-End Systems, but it should work fine.

du kleines St

I ain't touchin' this ti'll I seen the goods Wink

Hehe, sounds like good work renmik, but I have no clue what it looks like, would you or some other user please do the favor of uploading a picture or two for demonstration. It's a real tip for selling "your product" Wink

(holds out hand and begins to force-choke strike) "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

C'mon he told you it was him, Renmink Wink

Just tested it and pics cannot really do the mod justice, neither can videos except very big hi resolution ones, so you'll have to try it to see it in its full glory

Loving the idea Renmink, though maybe I'd suggest making the "added bonus effect" slightly wider to reduce some of the chaotic flickering effect it creates at FPS below 30 (Yes, clouds do that to my FPS Big Grin ) A great idea nonetheless !

Cheers

Nico

PorcoRosso Wrote:(holds out hand and begins to force-choke strike) "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

Thank you for loosening up my spinal chord Porco, and yes I have his previous versions, I just wanted to make a decision before downloading Smile Anyways, you have me convinced, downloading now and I shall witness its pure rotating awesomeness once i return from work Smile

Later

Its this for UI 1.1??

Hey Guys,

many THX for your interest Big Grin

I'm sorry for this unusual way, not to post screenies or vids... I tried it, but you see not full effect,
like PorcoRosso mentioned before

PorcoRosso Wrote:Loving the idea Renmink, though maybe I'd suggest making the "added bonus effect" slightly wider to reduce some of the chaotic flickering effect it creates at FPS below 30 (Yes, clouds do that to my FPS Big Grin ) A great idea nonetheless !

Cheers

Nico

@PorcoRosso: Do you mean it flickers to much? Ok, I try around to reduce it.
Hmm... if you use a CRT Monitor instead of a TFT Monitor, you can switch off VSYNC, than FPS goes up (near double).
Many THX for your suggestion, mate !!

Grom29 Wrote:Its this for UI 1.1??

If you have a MODS Folder in your IL-2 1946 Game Directory than YES, you can use it Big Grin

I would, but turning VSynch off has some adverse effects when looking around from the cockpit view. I'm running a new GPU with a new screen, so I need to fine tune the system a little bit more Wink

OK, it's gonna prove rather hard to discuss this and develop further without spoiling the surprise for those who haven' tried it yet, so I shall take it to PMs if that's OK with you.

Cheers

Nico

I see some props have a Dual Spin, one reversing.

Can you make one of them real thin, as in this:

http://theghostfiles.org/SpitRPMloss.html

gf

Hi!

I'll test soon and I thanks now!!!

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

GhostFiles Wrote:I see some props have a Dual Spin, one reversing.

gf

As he said, some Bf-109 seems to have conter-rotating prop, wich is kind of weird, but overall great job, love it :wink:

Thanks for this mod, as it makes the game look even more realistic. I was wondering if you are able to make such propellors for the IAR-80 and IAR-81 series, as well, in the next release.

Regards,

comisar91

comisar91 Wrote:Thanks for this mod, as it makes the game look even more realistic. I was wondering if you are able to make such propellors for the IAR-80 and IAR-81 series, as well, in the next release.

Regards,

comisar91

Ofcause comisar, for now it was all I could do, but if this mod is finished, the new effect will be on all propeller-powered planes.

genbrien Wrote:As he said, some Bf-109 seems to have conter-rotating prop, wich is kind of weird, but overall great job, love it

I agree, I have to tweak this effect a bit more... I try to avoid it, but it seems not killable...
Thx GhostFiles & genbrien

The shine issue still exists unfortunately, and I personally like the way the older mod looks. Nevertheless, nice job Renmik, it's a cool looking effect. Smile