[MOD] "WIP" XP-86 Sabre v1.02 *update* need skinne

Genbe89 Wrote:Where do you download this plane
Here

Thank you Peter for next beauty plane Big Grin
From Polish production named Lim-2.

[Image: 16102009115352.jpg]

Sorry if this was asked before or is somehow obvious. The beta has no sliding canopy from inside view right? Only from outside.

Thank you.

Hi PeterD,

for the second time, thank you very much for the Sabre an MiG..

I have a question though, would it be possible to make the planes ready for air-refueling?

The Americans tried it back in '51..

Here's a quote from a story:

''There were other efforts to extend the F-86's range. In early 1951, the USAF tested aerial refueling on a T-33, F-84 and F-86.
The airman flew 4 flights in an F-86A in March using a drogue system from a KB-29 tanker and a 3.5 foot probe on an F-86 120 gallon external fuel tank. This configuration encountered problems because it placed the fighter's empennage in the tanker's turbulance, making longitudinal control ''very difficult'' and causing the drogue to bob. As a result, contact in the F-86 was more a problem than with the other 2 aircraft..'

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b49d ... f6e8ebb871

Link to whole story(only refueling part)

Cjeers!

I had created a couple of basic missions (I am a novice at mission building) for the KTO map using the earlier versions of MiG and Sabre. I'd like to upgrade them to use the new aircraft versions by Peter D.

Question: When I select the Peter D Sabre in FMB, it appears with a default USAF markings...that's easy. But...How do I get the MiG(bis) to appear with Korean markings? What I get is no markings or Japanese or German. I don't see any special skins with Korean markings. What am i doing wrong?

I used Peter D's autoinstaller, but now I am not sure if it actually installed the two Acft correctly (they do fly, just having the skin problem)

In my MODs folder I have the F-86A-5 folder. In there, in addition to the normal 3DO folder I also have a PaintSchemes folder, presets folder, and Samples folder. Same for the MiG folder. Are those other three folderrs, PaintSchemes etc, in the right place???

Any help, guidance will be appreciated.

The F-86 is one of the most beautiful airplanes in the sim. Incredible work. The biggest reason I stop in here every day is to check on the F-86 cockpit. I'm hoping that one day I'm going to see the words, "The Sabre cockpit is out!"

Doolittle81 Wrote:I had created a couple of basic missions (I am a novice at mission building) for the KTO map using the earlier versions of MiG and Sabre. I'd like to upgrade them to use the new aircraft versions by Peter D.

Question: When I select the Peter D Sabre in FMB, it appears with a default USAF markings...that's easy. But...How do I get the MiG(bis) to appear with Korean markings? What I get is no markings or Japanese or German. I don't see any special skins with Korean markings. What am i doing wrong?

I used Peter D's autoinstaller, but now I am not sure if it actually installed the two Acft correctly (they do fly, just having the skin problem)

In my MODs folder I have the F-86A-5 folder. In there, in addition to the normal 3DO folder I also have a PaintSchemes folder, presets folder, and Samples folder. Same for the MiG folder. Are those other three folderrs, PaintSchemes etc, in the right place???

Any help...appreciated...still....

Doolittle81 Wrote:
Doolittle81 Wrote:I had created a couple of basic missions (I am a novice at mission building) for the KTO map using the earlier versions of MiG and Sabre. I'd like to upgrade them to use the new aircraft versions by Peter D.

Any help...appreciated...still....
Well keep in mind that a) the game doesn't come with Korean markings, b) the Russian markings are perfectly fine, but they are allies so you cannot select those in the blue team. So in short: not a bug

The only workaround is to disable the markings for the blue-team migs and use skins with the markings painted, or use the forgotten countries mod

You get Korean markings on the MiG-15 when you select Russia.

Quote:MODS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects/air.ini

I don't have one of those.

Owl did you d/l the UI1.1 and UI1.2 there is a folder named MODS and in that folder is STD and in that folder lies your air.ini file and amongst others you need to document Mods you install so your Game will find them or 60% CTD Big Grin

-Owl- Wrote:
Quote:MODS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects/air.ini

I don't have one of those.

What version of Unified Installer you have? 1.1, 1.2?

If you are running a modded install you have to have that file somewhere. Maybe it got misplaced- try searching your IL-2 folder for "air" and see what you get.

First of all, I have been looking forward to the final release of the F-86 and Mig-15, and it has been well worth the wait. They are both nothing short of fantastic!

However, I've got one issue with the Mig-15 and that's a problem with the gun sight. There is no center mark and the circle has been quartered in each corner of the gun sight. So, you have to guess where the gun sight center is located. Does any one have a solution to this problem?

Cheers,

Riptide

Riptide_One Wrote:First of all, I have been looking forward to the final release of the F-86 and Mig-15, and it has been well worth the wait. They are both nothing short of fantastic!

However, I've got one issue with the Mig-15 and that's a problem with the gun sight. There is no center mark and the circle has been quartered in each corner of the gun sight. So, you have to guess where the gun sight center is located. Does any one have a solution to this problem?

Cheers,

Riptide
Yes, if I recall correctly that's caused by Rawner's early MiGs. You can do two things: one is remove Rawner's Mig, or two: update Rawner's mig to the latest-latest version which I think it solved the problem.

PeterD,

I'll give that a try. Thanks again for two great planes!

Cheers,

Riptide