[MOD] "WIP" XP-86 Sabre v1.02 *update* need skinne

great stuff Tongue hmm only there's no download link working atm. oh and 1 question does it have it's own slot or does it override another plane??

Your scroll wheel is your friend......... scroll down to the bottom of the window.

it works again brilliant Tongue

I just spent an hour offline flying around looking at the Sabre in external.. she looks great PeterD.. no obvious show stoppers at all.. Do you have a blank Skin template or a layered template to work from.. I'm sure some of the skin guru's will love to go to town on this beauty..

Thanks all for all the kind comments

@Baco: layered template... no problem, I'll do one this afternoon

@Bearcat: I'll improve the gunports (and darken them aswell), I'm not very happy with their current shape anyway. There are some skins in the Skins section of the site aswell as a bare metal and a "void" template.

@Tesla & others: no idea about the broken link, I've just checked a few and they seem to work fine here :|

@JG14_Jagr: that's correct, no droptanks since they'd just look pretty. They aren't coded so no extra fuel

Thanks for the hard work; it has really paid off. Great Job!

Maybe I'm a bad pilot but I'm having a horrible time trying to keep this aircraft above 220 mph in a straight line of level flight or shallow climb after the first pass in the quick mission builder and getting insufficient speed in almost all maneuvers. I tried a few different opposing aircraft and even the Me-410's were near impossible to keep up with. :|

Oh my god, my E-555 is not invincible anymore!!

I have one little problem.
Every time i increase the power at all, the engine turns off. No fire or anything, and it doesnt matter how much or how slowly i increase the power, but no engine.
Its fine decreasing the power though...

Davew Wrote:I have one little problem.
Every time i increase the power at all, the engine turns off. No fire or anything, and it doesnt matter how much or how slowly i increase the power, but no engine.
Its fine decreasing the power though...
You haven't used the P-80 much I guess. It's a "feature" of the P-80 engine (which this aircraft uses, read the first post in this thread). You can overcome this by running it at 99% or just up to 100%, if you try to go past 100% it will most likely shut down.

PeterD Wrote:
P/O W. 'Moggy' Cattermole Wrote:my install is C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\XP-86 Sabre v1\3do ...etc

i added the lines to the bottom of air.ini located here:C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files\com\maddox\il2\objects
Is it the only air.ini inside the IL2 folder? What kind of error is it giving you?

it's the only one i could find, although there could be another (which would explain rather a lot). The only issue is that the aircraft do not show up at all -- Sabre and RWD-8 (which had the same method installation)

where was yours located? Thank you for the help, i appreciate it.

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

YAY!! Thank you!! :mrgreen:

[Image: grab0002.gif]
[Image: grab0001.gif]
[/img]

My opinion, just brilliant dear boy.. Spent all of this morning flying it around the world and dog fighting... should have been working really, oh well. I would love to do some skins for it, is the entire skin on one bmp, or are there some bits, like the canopy on the other smaller bmp in the file?

Everyone will tell you it needs its own FM and a new cockpit. I am sure when others see it they will be lining up to sort out those things. But seriously, very well done Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

GJE52

Excellent work Big Grin

many thanks, this warbird is simply marvellous