[WIP] Bf-109E-3 on new slot v2 *UPDATE*

Sorry Karaya but i cant open Pilot1 file with notepad(
Microsoft Access also cant do it Sad

Take my:
CLICK

Thank you!!! Big Grin

You welcome.

Thank you very much mate! I worked it out!!! I just had some fun shooting down those Blenheims!!!
Thanks again! I love this mod, it's great!!!

Cheers,
Joppe

Hello Jopped

I've the same problem as you.Ionly have .msh files that opens in Acces.
I downloaded the Pilot1.mat file but it is also a shortcut to an Acces Table.
I can not open this with Notepad.How did you manage.
Thanks for your help. Big Grin
Madcop

J.j. Wrote:
Muas Wrote:The Bf-109E-4 and Bf-109E-7/N were the only ones that were tropicalised, thus the choice.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bf 109E-7 "early" with DB 601A engine used 87 octane fuel. The Bf 109E-7/N "late" used 96 octane fuel.
I have two photos of Bf 109E-7 of 2/(H)14 and III/JG 27. Unfortunately my scanner gives no good resolution, but I can read on these 2 Emils in the little triangle "87" (meaning planes having a DB 601A engine with 87 octane fuel). Both are suited with Tropical radiator.
So this is not true, Bf 109E-7 with DB 601A engines were "tropicalized" too.
I will dig in and try to find close shots from Emils 7 with 87 octane fuel.

As for the reason why DB 601N behaved differently from DB601A, I don't know exactly. The author of the article I quoted above said "sand filters of DB 601N were quite unuasable". He didn't give exactly the reason why.

But the fact is that JG 27's DB601A engined (87 octane) Emils were usued until Bf 109F arrived late 1941, whereas DB601N engined (96 octane) JG26's Emils had a lot of technicals problems.
Perhpas their sand filters were different from JG27?

As I said, I will try to gather more informations.

Well, even if you happen to have a couple of photos of tropicalised 601A engines, they were definitely in the minority.

I'm the one who's built the sand filter for the Emils, and I've looked at dozens and dozens of photos of tropicalised Emils, and if the fuel triangle is visible it almost invariably says 'C3'.

J.j. Wrote:...As for the reason why DB 601N behaved differently from DB601A, I don't know exactly. The author of the article I quoted above said "sand filters of DB 601N were quite unuasable". He didn't give exactly the reason why.

But the fact is that JG 27's DB601A engined (87 octane) Emils were usued until Bf 109F arrived late 1941, whereas DB601N engined (96 octane) JG26's Emils had a lot of technicals problems.
Perhpas their sand filters were different from JG27?

This is the answer:

[Image: e7n3.jpg]

[Image: e7n2.jpg]

[Image: e7n1.jpg]

JG26's Emils with DB601N had a lot of technicals problems in Libya because they didn't use sand filters.

[Image: e7n4.jpg]

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Ooooops!!! I forgot my first idea. :?

Thank you very much for all your hard and fantastic work on 109s.

Thank you for your brilliant job! Big Grin
And i have new "HOT-ROD" idea: A.Gallands Bf-109F with MG-FF in the wings! Big Grin Big Grin
Could you make it please? Big Grin

rust Wrote:Sorry Karaya but i cant open Pilot1 file with notepad(

Simply right-click the file and choose "open with". From the choice of programs given just select Notepad or the Text Editor, either should work fine and open .mat files with no problems!

Interesting on the side of DB601Ns and their service in the desert, but from what I've gathered the DB601N equipped aircraft of JG26 simply did not make use of sand filters!? Maybe just the reason why they didnt work properly? Were there no filters available to them? The supercharger inlet is 100% identical to the one used on all other Emils so why should the standard sand filter not fit?

If you look through the 'Jagdwaffe' books all desert Emils desrcibed are 'N' versions.

And read the section of E-7/Trops at http://www.messerschmitt-bf109.de/

Karaya Wrote:
rust Wrote:Sorry Karaya but i cant open Pilot1 file with notepad(

Simply right-click the file and choose "open with". From the choice of programs given just select Notepad or the Text Editor, either should work fine and open .mat files with no problems!

Hello Karaya

Sorry to tell you that when opening Pilot1_D0.msh with Notepad I only receive a serie of squares.
There is no Pilot1.mat in my X\mods\Bf-109 E3\3do\plane\Bf-109E-3\ but only Pilot1_D0.msh and Pilot1_D1.msh.The other Pilot1 file is a shortcut to a M.Access Table.

I do not have Text Editor.

Can you please help Sad

Thanks a lot
Madcop

madcap - you'll need to edit your file associations. Delete the .mat entry in TOOLS>Folder Options>File Types (in a standard folder window) and then create a new .mat entry and specify notepad as the default programme for that extension.

canonuk Wrote:madcap - you'll need to edit your file associations. Delete the .mat entry in TOOLS>Folder Options>File Types (in a standard folder window) and then create a new .mat entry and specify notepad as the default programme for that extension.

Thanks Canon.

I'll give it a try and will keep you posted .
I never tried this before cause I didn't know the trick and because I am a little bit afraid of my "limited knowledges !".

Thanks again for all your beautifull skins !

Madcop Big Grin

Canonuk is right,